August 31, 2014 | 1032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried wearing this under three different types of foundation (2 liquid, 1 powder), using three different application methods (foundation brush, makeup sponge, and fingertips) and got terrible results every time I tried. My makeup has never looked so disgusting and cakey. Still gave this product 2 lippies since you can wear it on its own and it does improve the appearance of skin if you choose to go out with nothing else on. The most you can get away with is a very light application of translucent powder applied with a brush - anything else and this primer will turn your makeup nasty, fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by victoriamorgan

Basic skin test : Clean and moisturize top of left hand. Allow 2 min for moisturizer (water based) to dry. Apply nothing to 1st (top) region, The Present to the 2nd, UD Primer Potion to the 3rd and both The Present FOLLOWED by UD to the 4th (bottom). Allow The Present to dry the required 2 min. Apply foundation with 2 fresh sponges to top 2 layers and draw line of UD 24/7 liner on all 4. Smudge pencil and set with powder. Gently wipe with tissue.

Results by layer: 1. Two wipes and goodbye foundation. Liner stays, 2. Despite recommended drying time being given, setting with powder AND it being water based just like the Present, both makeup and liner wipe off/smudge easily. 3. The foundation slides off The Present and the UD Potion has lost it's "sticking power" with the liner. 4. No foundation just liner that DOESN'T budge. So, no The Present doesn't help foundation last, it actually makes it just sit on top of it and easily wiped away. Plus my 24/7 pencil fought placing a line on it, smeared and caked instead of smudging and my UD Potion was rendered useless. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews but also because it had more twice the product. It moisturized the skin well but I didn't notice anything that it claims. It didn't hide my pores or made makeup last longer. The product separates from the lavender oil so you have to shake up the tube. The product leaks so its messy. It also feels heavy on the skin as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know this is being touted as a primer, but for me it works more like a very expensive moisturizer. It doesn't make my makeup stay put longer nor does it act as "clear makeup" to lessen redness.

It does feel great on the skin, feels moisturizing, and doesn't make me break out, so there's that. I'm just disappointed that it doesn't do all it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

Good grief. After all the hype, I thought this would do SOMETHING interesting. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This primer really makes my makeup stick around all day and all night. I have never had a primer do that. I mainly use a primer for that reason. I don't find that it wills in pores very much (I feel that the L'Oreal studio primer does that the best.) The smells goes away after a few minutes. I do allow this to sit on my face for two minutes before I apply my makeup. I get out of the shower and moisturize my face. Then I apply this primer and while it is sitting for those two minutes I moisturize my body and brush my teeth.

For me this made all types of liquid and cream foundation stay forever. I recently did an all night event for my company and this helped me look fresh all night.

I found that with this primer, revlon colorstay whipped mousse makeup with a stippling brush and skindinavia setting spray...holy crap... flawless all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lokid

This is a good product when it works. By that I mean, I can apply it the EXACT same way and get different results. It can get white flakes. You only need a tiny amount. I hve crazy, reactive acne-prone and this doesn't cause issues. I use this mostly ontop of SPF or powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by GorJess1378

I have ben using this for almost two years now, and I LOVE it! It is an essential in my make up bag and the bottle lasts forever! Other primers make my skin freak out, but since I use BM it is essential to wear one. This stuff does the trick! For my crazy sensitive skin it keeps it calm and I only get flare ups with little pimples here an there, once a month ;) Keeps my make up on all day and has made a huge difference in my skin!

For the other that are having issues, what I would say is that you HAVE to let this dry! I usually put it on and then do my eye make up, by the time I am done with that, I can dust on my BM and it all looks great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this back in June when Philosophy was having their 30% off sale. I just started using this a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I was apprehensive to use this based upon some of the reviewers stating that this made their face breakout. Well I'm happy to report that this product did not make my face breakout (shocking). I love the fact that it is clear and it doesn't have any tint to it. This product really does reduce the pores on my face and makes my foundation look great. I will definitely be repurchasing- my new HG primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by glitteringmacbarbie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im very DISAPOINTED =( I really wanted to believe all the wonderful things people are saying about this product .After watching gossthemaakeupartist (youtube guru) he sweared this was thee best primer ever so the next day i went and bought it at sephora for $30 bucks .
Well im very sad to say it didnt do nothing as it promised to do
it didnt fill in a fine line nor did did it fill in a pore but what it did do was leave me with a horrible breakout!! =(
Also it leaves your skin extremely pale i look like a ghost after applying, also i would like to add that it leaves your makeup looking very cakey and if you rub your makeup it peels ewww gross .Also it makes your under eye fine lines pop out even more .
I really wanted this stuff to work for one im very sad that it doesnt work 2.i feel i cant trust reviews cause so many are paid to advertise as other have there products and bash others ughh im very disapointed .Please anyone if you know a product thats REALLY WORKS in filling fine lines please let me know Thank you .