July 30, 2014 | 2026 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by missmacaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser so much. Up until I started using this product in conjunction with another moisturizer, I had suffered with pretty bad acne for about 2 years. Being in my 20's I figured my years of acne were over but since I started using this cleanser I think they finally are! It's so gentle, has a pleasant scent, and effectively cleanses without drying. My skin has drastically cleared up and the texture of my skin is slowly evening back out. I never thought I would see the day my pimples subsided but I owe most of it to this cleanser!!! I recommend this to anyone with similar skin like mine. It's gentle yet effective! HG for sure! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by alimakeupcraze

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, and loving it! It really does deep clean and is very mild. For a person with oily skin and very sensitive, I have seen amazing results. No more breakouts! You can't go wrong with something as inexpensive and that's not going dry your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Vampiregrl

I love this! I had gone to see a woman about my mild acne, and she recommended this product with some other things from this brand. It took time, but after about 6 or 7 months of cleaning my acne did clear at least 85% so I mean it's good, it works for my skin, but I'm waiting on better results as time goes by. Defiantly worth a try, if nothing is working for you. This stuff leaves your face feeling fresh and clean. Thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin:
I'm a PPP with rosacea and acne (rare, but yes I have been diagnosed with both), PIH marks and dry, sensitive skin.

As someone with incredibly problematic skin, I have tried more things than I can even remember to try to make my skin happy, and it just never has been. It's only been varying degrees of bad.

But then, I came on Makeup Alley and found reviews for this cleanser. And I admit, I thought that a cleanser would have minimal effect on my skin overall...after all, it's only on my skin for less than a minute. What good could that do?

Apparently, a LOT of good. Since I started using this cleanser, my pimples have diminished to the point where I only have one or two small ones at a time. My skin feels so incredibly smooth, I have to fight the urge to touch it all the time. It feels like the softest silk...something I NEVER would have described my skin as, ever. The one or two pimples I DO get are only around for about a day before they vanish...and they aren't leaving pigmentation when they leave.

This is without a doubt the best cleanser I have used in my life. It is gentle, yet exfoliating, and not at ALL drying. When I wash it off, my skin just feels amazing...not tight, not dirty, just lovely.

I don't use this as a makeup remover, however, and I don't think it would be good in that capacity. Before using this cleanser, I pre cleanse with my hemp seed oil, which I wash off with warm water. Then I smooth this cleanser onto my skin, and let it sit there for about a minute. After washing it off, I follow up with the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, and once that dries, a generous amount of moisturizer. I do this twice a day (minus the makeup remover in the morning), and have the best skin I have had since I hit puberty.

If you have sensitive, acne prone or rosacea skin, I highly recommend trying out this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I actually just purchased this after using a sample of it that was sent to me from a previous Mario Badescu order.

I give the packaging five stars because the same as the Botanical Facial Gel, it comes in a see through bottle, convenient for knowing how much product you have remaining, the pour spout on top makes it easy for dispensing the right amount of cleanser, and the smell is not too strong and not unpleasant. I happen to like how neither product foams and the gentleness of both cleansers is a definite plus. Also, I have not broken out because of either of these cleansers either!

I use this paired with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and it works wonders at removing makeup that my wipes have left behind and leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed.

I think that I paid 12 USD for an 8 ounce bottle which is very affordable.

I don't know if I will repurchase because even though I love this product, to me, it seems to be the same as the Botanical Facial Gel and since there is no real difference at least in my opinion, I will just stick the my old favorite. I will update this as I continue to use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel if anything changes.

Edit: This cleanser has really grown on me. It smells so fresh, leaves my skin so soft and clean that I have really enjoyed using it. I would definitely repurchase and I think that I prefer it to the Botanical Facial Gel now which is surprising.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin with very oily parts, acne prone parts and some dry patches.
I just purchased this. Overall impression from the first day:
-Removes face makeup really well. I mean foundation and setting powder and blush and stuff. It removed all those things in seconds. (other users say it stings eyes like hell so I didn't try to remove eye makeup with it)
-No foam
-I like the shimmery look of the gel. Although, it makes me think, wasn't this supposed to be a natural product?
-Does not dry out my skin, does not leave it oily either. I just feel squeaky clean -without the drying effect of other thoroughly cleaning gels on the market. Love it.
-The "non-drying" phrase in the above comment does not mean that it leaves skin moisturized. It is totally suitable for oily skins like mine. (just saying it because i know I used to run away when something said non-drying, I thought it would make me oilier. Turns out it's wrong.) Like I said, squeaky clean.
-Didn't make my skin angry. And my skin is prone to getting angry. It is really calming.
-Smells like toxic household cleaners, weird for such a natural product with such few ingredients.
-One of those few ingredients is METHYL PARABEN. Now what's with that? Natural product, such great results, can't you find a non-carcinogenic preservative MB? And I've tried soooo many cleansers, and I liked this one sooo very much! Better result than anything I have ever tried. I'm devastated.

I will finish my bottle and update this comment. Five lippies off for the parabens, three given back for the cleaning perfection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this product from my friend, and I am very intrigued. It is gentle, has a pleasant smell, and seemed to soothe my benzoyl peroxide-burned skin without stripping or leaving too much oil behind. I may just have to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I am REALLY fond of this cleanser, which I recently bought in a small size after a long hiatus. I ran through it so quickly I immediately ordered jumbo size--thanks to a gift certificate and promotion I paid less for it than I would've a drugstore cleanser.
My favorite thing about it is the absence of harsh synthetic chemicals. It's glycerin, papaya and grapefruit extracts, a few preservatives (which you need to keep the other stuff from going bad), and that's it! I used Cerave for a long time, but noticed it drying out my skin and also felt leery of the long ingredients list. I feel the fewer ingredients in products, the better.
I use almond oil to remove my eye makeup (this would irritate), and then spread the MB on my face and let it sink in a bit while I brush my teeth, then use the Clarisonic...or not. It smells divine.
Afterwards my skin is moist, not tight or greasy, and pores (mine are huge and ugly) seem much less clogged. It leaves the skin BREATHING if that makes any sense--open to whatever you put next on it.
I also adore the retro packaging ("Established 1967"! love it): glam, sanitary, environmentally friendly and attractive on the shelf. And you can easily see how much is left and get the dregs out, much easier than with a pump.
But it's not going to work for those who want something that suds and leaves you feeling squeaky, or conversely something creamy. It's the perfect in-between though, so I recommend it for combo skin like mine that is both visibly aging and acne-prone.
I love the MB company, with its samples and great customer service--they feel like what Kiehl's used to be before they sold out to L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ACAA

This cleanser made me break out even more! I have moderate acne and a sales associate at ULTA told me this was magic. Well it wasn't, it broke me out and caused cystic acne & white heads. I road it out for a month thinking that my acne had to get worse before it got better. Well during this month it got worse and stayed there. Even after using it twice a day for a whole month, there was no improvement wt all. It might be a great cleanser, but it's just not for me. Never buying this again and I actually regret ever purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lucy_192

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful cleanser for combination skin. It makes your skin feel fresh and clean, and gives it a lovely glow.