Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

This is the first cleanser that has actually worked for my breakouts! I just ran out and I'm interested in trying another mario badescu cleanser. This cleanser is a gel it's pretty thick it doesn't lather but it does remove face makeup but not eye makeup also if used around the eye area it can sting your eyes. At first I didn't care for this cleanser but after using it up 3 months later my skin really cleared up I'm really happy to finally have a regimen that cleared up my acne. I will repurchase but first I want to try something else just to see what else is out there but if all else fails this is what I know works!

on 6/5/2014 2:41:00 PM

Let me preface this by saying I have sensitive skin, but its only with certain products. My usual cleanser is the Clinique Mild Facial Soap in the morning and St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemishes with my Clarisonic Mia at night. I'm not the person who can only use Cetaphil, but for some reason certain things really aggravate my skin and I'm not sure if it's an allergic reaction to something or what. I got the sample of the Enzyme Gel and used it 3 times in addition to a few other Mario Badescu products. I noticed immediate burning and tingling after using the enzyme gel, but it wasn't super uncomfortable, I just thought maybe that meant it was working. It's now the 3rd day and I've discontinued use because I now have crazy irritated skin that is broken out and itchy. It is all along my chin which leads me to believe it may be another product for that specific issue since that is where I applied it, but my whole face has been hot and red since using these products. Unfortunately I'm not sure which product(s) is the culprit. Its probably my fault for bombarding my skin with all new stuff, but I heard Mario Badescu products were natural and gentle and didn't think it would cause such a big issue an issue. Lesson learned. As far as actual capabilities of this product I'm giving it a 3 because I tend to enjoy more of a "clean" feeling from my face washes. I like them to foam and really wash dirt away and this felt slightly like I had a little film on my face until I used the toner.

on 5/25/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best thing to happen to my face, EVER. I can't stop talking about this cleanser. I had a lot of issues with under the skin breakouts, which never surfaced but were just little bumps under the skin. I had never heard about Mario Badescu until I was at ulta and a sales girl suggested I try it. Within a week, all of the under the skin bumps were gone! It left my skin smooth and soft. I use this morning and night, and moisturize after, not the most original regimen but my skin loves it. I don't use this to take off my makeup, I usually use a makeup remover wipe and then cleanse with this after. If you do take your face makeup off with this, you'll need to go ahead and cleanse again after. Which honestly just takes more work, and more product. I love that this packaging is so simple. It lets the product do all the talking, and keeps the cost very low. Mario Badescu, thank you for being amazing, and saving my face.

on 5/13/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this, but I won't repurchase it again. I don't feel like this has enough cleansing capability to remove makeup, so I only used it in the morning or if I needed to wash my face in the middle of the day since it never stripped my face of moisture or made it feel dry. I don't think the fruit acids had enough power to do anything for my skin, though it did sting when I got it in my eyes. I like the simple packaging and the bottle is of rather good quality. If I remember correctly, my previous bottles did not contain Lauramide DEA, nor did the gel itself feel as slimy. This does also contain methylparaben (of note if you're avoiding parabens), it isn't tested on animals, and I notice a lot more of the pearly green shimmer I love in the bottle on my face and hands with this new bottle. This isn't my favorite Mario product, but I'd rate it a solid 2.75 lippies.

on 3/30/2014 9:25:00 PM

I has been using this cleanser for over a year with my Clarisonic Mia. Previously having used various drugstore brand cleansers.

Pros:
Grapefruit and Papaya enzymes act as gentle exfoliant
Glowy finish on skin
Cleared up my and my brothers acne pretty well
Removes makeup
Simple list of ingredients
Leaves a very clean yet not 'tight' feeling

Cons:
Sometimes I feel I have to use a lot of the product to do my whole face, but its cheap compared to other prestige skin brands so I don't mind.

Things to note:
NOT a foaming cleanser
NOT Paraben free

Amaze-balls

This soap dried my face out after a couple uses. I much prefer the seaweed cleansing soap.

on 3/28/2014 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've been using this cleanser (sample size) for a few weeks now. I use it in the morning basically to rise off any weird sleep residue. It smells nice but that's about it. If you want an overpriced "cleanser" that won't really clean your skin, try it out. But don't get it in your eyes!

on 2/1/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does not get make up off at all and did not leave my face feeling clean.

on 1/23/2014 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with a purchase I made from Ulta. I was excited to try it after hearing many positive things about it. Firstly, if you use a Clairsonic Mia daily, do not use this. This cleanser does not lather, making the Mia bristles too rough on my skin. I use my Mia every day/sometimes every other day. When using this cleanser alone, I did find it soothing, and my face felt clean afterward. I didn't like the smell too much, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Overall, I felt like this was an OK product. I'd purchase it if it were on sale, but definitely would not go out of my way for it. (I prefer more of a lather in my cleansers, I guess it makes me feel like it's working more or something!)