September 2, 2014 | 928 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have chapped lips, with small cracks and some peeling on the lip skin. It's like this no matter what the weather is like. I got this Smith's lip balm at Singapore for about 15SGD, I don't think it's available locally.
I have high expectations of this product as this is very popular. Sadly, it just doesn't work for me. It does not alleviate the lip cracks and peeling at all. Makes your lips look dewy when applied but moisturizing power is only for about an hour or less. I love the minty scent though.
The packaging would also have been much better if it was in a tube or another container where you don't have to expose the balm all the time; tin can is difficult to open also. There are other lip balms at cheaper prices that work better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by thejillian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiny, moisturizing, and pinky! Might be better in a tube though, don't love the pot. Rose and mint, my two favorite scents together.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have chronically dry lips that need some serious moisture, this is not going to work for you. It's sort of moisturizing at first (kind of greasy feeling), but for me, when it dried, my lips felt more chapped than they were before. I think that this would be nice for someone who doesn't necessarily NEED a lip balm, but just wants something on the lips. The smell was nice in my opinion, but I can imagine how some wouldn't like it. I also am not a fan of the petroleum. I wanted to love this, it just wasn't meant to be

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Minted Rose Lip Balm because of the hype and the cute tin it came in. However, I must say, I thought this lip balm would be a great addition to my lip balm collection (i'm obsessed lol), but it sadly does not live up to the hype and price I paid for it. I gave three lippies; one for the cute packaging; one for the smooth and not so thick consistency and lastly; one for the smell. Other than that, I will stick to my Burts Bees, blistex and C.O. Bigelow. I figured I first give the Rosebud Salve a go right before bedtime and hoped to wake up with moisturized/nourished lips but sadly it didnt do anything more than what my Burt's Bees already does. It's moisturizing for a short time and gives a little sheen, but other than that, dont waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Green_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty great; it's moisturizing, smells like roses, and gives lips a minty tingle and a pretty, sheer red shine. It's a bit pricey for a lip balm, but I like it more for its natural look than anything. The salve also works well in taming eyebrows or adding some defines to eyelids, cheekbones, or anywhere else. The packaging gets banged up very easily, and the moisturizing properties don't last as long as I'd like. I took off a point for containing petroleum, and I wouldn't" repurchase for the same reason (I stopped buying petroleum-based products after purchasing this).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by vanitybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for the perfect lip blam or lip conditioner but nothing can help my dry lip or moisture it enough until I found this amazing product at Paris ICI XL in Belgium. At first i taste cool minted feeling on my lip and after that it disappeared only the smooth lip feeling left. I love it so much and now i never have dry lip problem. I recommended anyone try this especially in the winter like this!! sometime i used on my knuckle when i am lazy to go get handcream when it drys, it works wonder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff! Definitely my favorite of the Smith's balms/salves. I liked the original but didn't really care for the rose scent - this one is almost all mint and I love it. The texture is also a bit different - a little less solid - and it seems to have a very slight pinky-red tint. Nothing super noticeable though. It's cheap for how much you get and the packaging is adorable. It'll be a staple in my bag for as long as they make it. So forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the orginal rosebud salve for almost 8 years now. It's one of the few producrs that I will go back and repurchase when I am out. I was out sephora a few weeks ago and noticed the mint version. I love anything minty so I bought it. It works fantastic. Just as well as the original version but the scent is not as strong. There is a slight minty rosebud smell, it's very pleasant. I use this salve mostly as a chapstick. It moisturizes my lips without feeling greasy. I also like to use this around my nose if it's irritated from a cold. It heals it quickly. I even used this stuff on my elbows. It's one of my holy grail items. I think I prefer the minted version. I will definitely buy more. For $7, a tin will last me a good year so it's pretty cheap because it lasts so long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was underwhelmed by the strawberry version of this, but pleasantly surpised by the minted rose. Its consistency is much less firm, but seems to hold that consistency a lot better. The strawberry balm would melt like crazy in my bags, pockets, and in the sun, and this one... doesn't. Yay! I found myself liking the vaseliney texture more than I thought I would. It makes it very easy to spread and it gets into the small creases between my nail and cuticle with no tugging. But what I really love about this balm is the finish it gives lips. They look dewey. Not matte but not shiny, oily or sticky either. Just right. And don't get me started on the very, very subtle red tint. My lips look amazingly good but not "done up." It's worth the $7 just for that.

Like the strawberry one though, this also doesn't smell like what it's named. Minted rose? Yeah... I don't think so. I don't mind, seeing as I hate most floral products, but it's definitely more mentholesque than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying Rosebud Salve since the days when I had to go directly to Bigelow's in NYC. I read about it in Allure ages ago, and hunted it down. I've been hooked ever since. I now buy the mint one, as the regular rose is a little to "rosy" for my taste.

Sure this is a great lip balm, but it's a great everything balm. I use at least two tins in the winter because I apply it to every chapped area of my body, nose, elbows, cuticles, etc. This is also great for prepping your lips for dark lipstick or stains. Slather on a nice glob, let it sit two minutes, then take it off with a tooth brush.

Here is why this is a brilliiant product (and at least once a year I email the company to ask them to sell this by the pint). I have eczema, so sometimes I get these awful flaky, scaly patches on my skin. I put a dab of this on the scaly part, rub it in, let it sit overnight, and BOOM my skin is almost completely healed the next day. After two or three days, my skin is totally back to normal. I've tried every other thing that is supposedly for eczema, but this is the only thing that seems to heal my skin.

This will be the best $7 you ever spend.