October 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Mimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this product!!! best mascara ive ever tried!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by wavegallery00

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

YUK! I rarely treat myself to mascara, but, thought what the heck and bought this the other day, I wish I'd saved my 5 whatever, it's the worst. It comes out in clumps, it seems to take forever to dry and I'm forever wiping clumps of it from my eye lids - don't buy it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by RedFishTwoFish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Clumpy, flakes during the day, and looks terrible on. It didn't 'lift' my lashes at all, and I don't know if it was the brush or the formula, but it gave me that horribly trashy super-heavy mascara look that you see on 15 year old girls trying to look 20 by wearing their body weight in makeup. I have to wait until it is dry and then attack my lashes with a brow brush (both sides) to tame my lashes into something that looks halfway flattering.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, this is the first time MUA's negative reviews heavily contradicted with mine. I agree the brush is a little annoying, but honestly I love this stuff. It lengthens very well and with the right strokes it can give you great volume as well. It's very buildable, again YMMV with the brush. Seems to hold curls very well too. At the very end of the day I see a little flaking, but it is very mild. I definitely prefer this over Rimmel's Max Volume Flash which didn't really do anything for my lashes. I guess my lashes are just a bit choosier than others'. ;)

As is I have no reason not to recommend this, especially for what it costs, other than that the brush might pose a problem with smaller lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by EUSHANNASIA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG. This is it. My search has finally come to an end--unless, of course, something better comes along. However, I've tried just about every type of mascara, from the Rite-Aid housewife's Holy Grail to the highest of the high-end. From Wet 'n' Wild to Yves Saint Laurent. Basically, from crap to extremely expensive crap. And this is THE one that trumps them all. OK, so I do have to say that the wand that comes with this mascara is useless. USE A DIFFERENT WAND. ANY other wand, as long as it doesn't have the teeny, rubbery tiered bristles the Eye Magnifier comes with--use a brush with longer, thinner bristles. Most other lash wands come with bristles longer than this, so it shouldn't be a difficult search. I've actually been using an old Lash Stiletto brush that I used to use dyeing my eyebrows. Anyway, using a better brish with this product is key. The mascara formula itself is fantastic; it lengthens, LIFTS INCREDIBLY, and volumizes. You can add multiple coats for really intense lift and lengthening, but be careful not to add more than 3 or 4, otherwise it will begin to look unnatural. It clumps a little after the 3rd coat, like most other mascaras, but only if you add too many coats and don't bother to brush it through, which is common knowledge anyway, right? My point is, this is probably THE best mascara available that lifts, lengthens AND volumizes--WITH the right brush. Just trust me on this one. I know what I'm doing. You won't be disappointed. The Brits have it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ericatomars06

So the only reason why I used it was because I girlfriend gave it to me, and she got it from Walgreens for like a dollar. I soon found out why it was so cheap. It clumps easily. It falls out in chucks... (not cool, nor sexy) This was my replacement from using the Lash Blast. Since I already have long eye lashes it did curl them. But it didn't give me that Pop that I like to get from my mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes91

okay mascara.../: its not the best and it does lengthen but it makes them clump and stick together. i have to move them alot and use a seperate clean mascara wand to seperate them (annoying).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse today (on sale for five bucks), and it still felt like a waste of money. The good points of this mascara is the very pretty packaging and the fact that the formula does make your lashes curl/lift up. That's about it. It's horribly flacky, clumps like mad, and doesn't separate very well. It's ridiculously hard to remove, too, and when you do, it sort of falls off in little chunks--very nasty. I gave it a few uses to see if maybe it's just the first bit, but it's actually gotten worse. It clumps so much now, and with my thin lashes, getting them out with a comb is a pain. Didn't lengthen or volumize (if you discount the clumps), and only added some definition. The colour isn't that great, either, and lashes feel hard and crunchy after wearing it. It does last, though, and apart from the flackiness, there's no smudging or anything. Definitely wouldn't buy again.
However, since I did get it on sale, it could just be that it's a really old tube. The brush design still sucks, though. The bristles are very hard and sparse, so they don't do a good job of...well, anything, really.
First experience with Rimmel, and I have to say that I'm very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

very good
it doesn't curl
it makes it lift up
and stays hold
to give a full 8 hour sleep rested eyes
dramatic effect
mostly should be used for parties or if you didn't get enough sleep
and want that pop
(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale at Priceline for $12, which was pretty good :] First off, I love the brush. I think I'm liking the rubber bristles far better than traditional mascara bristles - now I'm interested in trying CG's volume exact and Maybelline's Define-a-Lash. It's very easy to apply and defines every lash wonderfully.
The formula's good, too - not too liquidy or creamy. I tested this mascara out today, so it's not a verrry fair run but I'll update if my eyes explode or something :D I put Magnif'eyes on one eye and Shiseido's Perfect Mascara (getting a bit old, bought it in October and it's now January) on the other. Shiseido volumised more, Rimmel lengthened and separated better. At the end of the day Shiseido had flaked - Rimmel stayed put. Maybe that was due to the age of it though (when I first got the Shiseido it really was perfect).
My one complaint, however, is that the eye with Rimmel on it is itchy and my lashes keep sticking together. Vair annoying. I'll finish it but won't repurchase :]