November 28, 2014 | 2077 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - TruBlend Naturally Luminous Blush - Shimmering Sands

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by storytelling

I put this product on over cheekers blush shades natural shimmer and natural rose. When I mix natural shimmer & natural rose they look like NARS orgasm & adding on Shimmering Sands gives it that perfect Orgasm shine. I wouldn't use this blush alone. It kind of makes me look like a disco ball if I wear it alone. It's SO shiny. I wear this on my chest/neck sometimes if I'm going out. Overall, I'm happy with this product and I will buy it again. I'd suggest buying it if you're looking for a light shade of powder that has a lot of shine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This color looks like BE's Clear Radiance and L'Oreal's Pink Glow. It is very sheer and the color is shimmery and pinky/coral, not sure which, but it is sort of a hybrid. Seems to go on nicely, but you sure have to apply a lot to get any effect at all. My skin is very fair but this doesn't show up too well, thus the four lippie. I like the subtle effect, but I wish this had more pigment. Not bad though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by drs23

I've never really been into makeup, so the fact that I like this product says a lot. The color is light, but shows up fine on my skin with only one application. (I have light Asian skin that's problem-free, for the most part.) It gives me a healthy, natural flush, the kind you get after being complimented by a cute stranger. It's subtle, not clownish. And even with the golden shimmer, it's not obvious that you have makeup on. I like to put on a little more than one application, and excess shimmer has never been a problem for me. I think it depends on the texture of your skin, on how smooth it is. You will have better results with this product if your skin isn't too problematic, and if you toss the puff for a brush instead.

The packaging doesn't bother me - except for the fact that if you toss the puff out altogether, the product is hard to dispense without getting too much of it on top of the shaker (the top half of the container).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by tinaandjelly

I bought this at CVS last summer at about 7$ I believe. It's a pretty color, but it's more glitter than actual blush color. I've barely used it due to bad lighting in my room compared to where I lived last year. I would use it on my cheekbones as a slight highlighter, with a light hand. I can't remember if I have Shimmering Sands or Pure Romance.

It's A LOT of product, I think of all my blushes, I would never use this whole thing up. The packaging sucks, the cap is breaking and it's hard not to let all of it fly up when you pull the cap off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Iffath98

I bought this only because the packaging was pretty, it was my first mineral product, and I thought the color would suit me. big mistake, it was too light for my tanned, asian skin, and too shimmery. the puff is useless, I use my makeup brushes instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think calling this stuff a "mineral blush" was a mass typo on Cover Girl's behalf, as it's more of a "mineral ILLUMINATOR". This is a great product if you look past the whole blush claim and use it as a luminizer. I love mixing it with my foundation or lotion, or just lightly dusting it above my cheekbones and around other areas of my face. This hasn't broke me out within about 3 weeks of use, and it comes with TONSS of product. I don't think I'll ever have to rebuy, but if I had to I wouldn't, because high beam is much more efficient as a luminizer and doesn't claim to be a blush. This has no colour payoff at all.
Wouldn't buy again
Would recommend to someone who wants to start w/ luminizers
Price: $6.99USD at Walmart in promotional package which came with a (useless) makeup masters CG brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first mineral blush that i've tried. The color is very pretty and subtle, but unfortunately, when applied, it doesn't really show up on the skin. It contains a lot of shimmer, so it can definately be used as an illuminator for the face and body (and it could be mixed with lotion as well), but as a real blush, it doesn't really work : (.
The container for this is very large, and i find the packaging a little messy as the holes inside the jar are pretty big, and too much of the product may end up coming out. Also, the container lid doesn't un-screw open- instead, you have to pull it out/off carefully, and it can make a bit of a mess if you do it too quickly. The good thing is that the container has so much product that it would last you a very long time. I bought this months ago, and i haven't used it very often though. Although i was looking for a subtle color, this contains too much shimmer for me, and i don't see any real color on my cheeks. = \

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by heyitskaren

this really isn't a blush, it's more of an illuminator. Don't expect it to actually add color to your cheeks, because it will only give you tiny micro-sparkles of gold. I love this because I like to use it in the summer on my shoulders to give it glow/sparkle. it's extremely beautiful when the sun its my skin. But this isn't really ideal for blusher use, that is why i gave it a lippie off. You also have to remember to clean the applicator that comes with it, or it's break-out city for your face!
The color of this is not coral, but more of gold sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sweepea82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. I picked it up just out of curiosity. Shimmery without being sparkly. Wears well. Lends just enough color to be glowy. Not that I'll ever have to, b/c the container is huge, but I'd so buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by shortnsalty

It IS shimmery, but more in the "I'm-so-healthy-I-glow" sense, rather than the "disco-party" sense.
The color is very, very light, but with a few swipes it shows up and it's gorgeous. Perfect for everyday wear - subtle but beautiful.