April 17, 2014 | 1513 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Cosmoholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

By faaaar the best powder foundation, I love it!!! It has everything I need for my combination skin: enough coverage, a natural look, mattifies my t-zone, looks smooth on dry areas - it`s just perfect.
I usually applie it with a powder brush and then I use the sponge whereever I need extra-cover.
The colours are great, I use cameo and could probably get along with ivory as well.
I wasted so much money on other powder foundations (drugstore as well as high class) and none of them was half as good as this one.
I`ll keep purchasing as long as they make it (hopefully forever)!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by elina310

I gave this a try after reading the reviews here, I'd like to thank you all! It has become my favorite make-up product. I have acne prone skin and I have always used liquid foundation but this product has great coverage, it gives skin a nice texture and light and it has not caused me any break outs. It is on the pricey side, but after the foundation bottles I've been throwing or giving away because of the break outs, it's worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by acjersey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing, Amazing product!! I have been a Chanel devotee for years, but when Chanel discontinued my Purete Mat Shine Control powder, I tried LaPrairie. I have the most oily skin on the planet and this is the first product I have ever used that stops my oily, shiny face.
With other brands, I would have to touch-up 2 to 4 times a day.
With this product, I don't have to touch up at all. After 5 or six hours, I might have to blot, but not much.
You only need apply a small amount and it works so powerfully well.
Other powder foundations are usually thick and make me look chalky. Not this one. Beautiful, natural finish. Normally, I have huge pores and this powder makes them disappear! I have never loved my skin before, but now I do - I can't believe how great this product is!!
One other thing I have noticed is that it has improved my skin. I don't get breakouts anymore. My skin looks better and I know it is because of this product. The color selections are good too, compared to other brands. I have a pinkish tone to my skin and this line offers that color as well (love the Rose Beige) - so happy about that!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I am quite skeptical about reviewing this staff, I bought it for showing off, just like I always keep YSL eclat and HR's feline black in purse, I love La Prairie's design of this compact.
It's rectangular, quite big, also it's supposed to be made of plastic, but it feels like metal coming to touch it. Besides, you get a gorgeous mirror inside and the mirror-surface outside comes in handy several times, it also comes in with blue velvet cover with logo engraved and it is thus the best powder compact of all.
It felt good too, the powder felt more smooth than lancome ones, and the color is wisely providing med-l coverage with quite non-drying quality for my dry skin.

Yet I'd still give it 3 lippies although I'd keep purchashing it because the 1st thing on the ingredient list is TALC, which lots of mineral lines extremently go against and declare having none of this. And the really cellular part is coming from squalane, which is quite common and cheap product anyway.

So, I paid almost 100 bucks for the compact, with debatable ingredients, and that still makes me quite happy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has the best look of any powder compacts I have used and it lasts all day. I thought I would trial it for a while and see, as usually my foundation wears a lot on my dry cheeks. But this over my liquid foundation is the only powder that really stops this from happening. I have dry skin and it is not really drying at all, it does have a matte look. The packaging looks great but is made of plastic and is a little disappointing for what you pay, I have found this with all LP products!

EDIT: I love this over certain areas, but not all over as I want a dewy look most of the time, I think slightly dewy makes you appear youthful. I wear this over spots and blemishes as a finishing touch and for instance over Diorskin forever and it covers with a natural/not heavy finish, never looks cakey and lasts for 8 hours.
Amazing. Will buy again. Also one pan has lasted me a year and will probably last another 6 months. Looks great applied with a damp sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

I have the new packaging. The rectangular silver case.
This powder is outstanding. The only powder that I wear! It covers well it hides my pores gives a mat finish without looking chalky or too powdery/dry. It can be worn wet for a heavier coverage. it makes me look fresh and shine free..
I have the colour "sunlid beige" which is slightly darker than my light/med olive skin but I feel I need to go darker b/c I find their colours make me look very pale.
Other foundations I wear:
By Terry light expert in light vanillla
By Terry lumier in # 6
Armani LSF in 5.5 colour is good, shade slightly beige. (I have yellow undertones) but it works.
Armani Face fabric in #3.. I was matched professionally for all these colours.

Word of warning. The sponge/brush can get a horrible smell after a while due to product build-up. Usually when worn over primer or another liquid foundation..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is absolutely fantastic. I've been using it for over 3 years now. This is the only product that I don't change. You don't need to use foundation under. I just apply my moisturizer and spf before it. The best thing is it stays all day long giving even more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cindyhan1314

Yes, i like this powder finish foundation a lot. Acutally, it's the first compact foundation i came across to almost finish it.
Tha package is elegant and the effect is stunning. On my oily skin, it looks natural, matt and stays for all day. The longer i wear it, the more it looks like my own skin. No kidding, unlike other compact (Dior & Chanel), the oil control power is pretty amazing. But spreaking of coverage, i will say it's OK, not the best.
As for price, i bought it $75, not bad, i can afford one every 6 months or so. Compares to Cle de Peau which sold @ 118, this is definitely more affordable. I even like this more than the $170 caviar foundation.
But as i am easy to get bored, think next time i will give Cle de Peau a try. We will see... ...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder foundation! It covers surprisingly well. It's not chalky or cakey on the skin. It doesn't settle into any fine lines. It last most of the day. However, it's just priced way too high. I don't think I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this thank to the reviews here. It is an outstanding foundation. It goes on smooth and light providing perfect coverage though. It has also great oil control. Because applying powder directly makes my skin feel a little drying, I apply this foundation over a thin layer of a lightweight liquid foundation (like YSL Perfect Touch) and then it gives me the most beautiful flawless skin (maybe a little bit too perfect!) without looking cakey at the end of the day. I agree with one of the reviewers that said that it is better applied with the sponge and not with a brush (actually it's the first powder foundation I came accross, which I can apply with the sponge coming with it). The lightest shade "Ivory" was a good match (NC15). As for the price, I tried the older round version (it was the last one left at the counter) and I paid about 55 euros. I didn't find it extraordinary, because here HE foundations/powders are about this price. I am using it everyday for the last month and it looks like new. *UPDATE: I repurchased it and this time I got the new rectangular version. I liked the old one more, it was easier to carry with me and IMHO it was more elgant. However, the actual product in the new version is a little bit different, it is even better. It is more lightweight (coverage is the same) and if, for instance, you had 10% possibility to look cakey after reapplying with the old one, with this one you get 5%. It has a disgusting smell though (maybe is the sponge), but thankfully I can smell it only during application. It costs 10 euros more than the old one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No