April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Lipstick - Jane - Lip Huggers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Arie

This lip hugger is superb. It doesn't dry, crack, peel my lips! It doesn't stay on all day but it's okay. I got this from my good ol' Wal-mart for $1 *clearance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can not say enough good things about this lipstick and the shade I have, Mostly Mauve. The formula is smooth and moisturizing without being overly greasy or waxy. The color, a *PERFECT* MLBB for PPP cool coloring, is slightly shimmery and fades nicely after a few hours of wear. This lipstick doesn't pill, applies evenly straight from the tube, doesn't creep or feather, and is more transfer-resistant than most satin lipsticks. The packaging is the classic black plastic tube with a silver & pink ring at the seam. The product is secure in the tube, doesn't wiggle or break. The cap stays on in a bouncy purse. And for around $3 a pop at Walgreens or Target, the price can't be beat for this great quality of product. UPDATE 03/19/04: Plum Perfect is a great shade too. But NOT Browned Down Red or Kiss of Caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2004 3:18:00 AM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Kind of Carob for years now and love it. It's not very moisturizing but I love it because it's a nice color and it's cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 8:08:00 PM More reviews by alicia67

I LOVE Jane lipsticks and have been buying them for years. Haywire is my favorite color although I have many others. The texture is creamy, it has real staying power and never wears off leaving that dreadful outline around my mouth. The fact that they cost less than three bucks a tube is pure bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2003 2:30:00 AM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are great, inexpensive lippies in a really nice range of colors. I'm addicted to "Browned Downed Red" and "Kind of Carob."

I do like Jane's Weather Wear line better because IMO they're less drying, and because they contain spf & a very light mint flavor. However, in my experience, the Lip Huggers line has better staying power than the Weather Wear line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

I have this lipstick in Boy Crazy, which is a wonderful pinky-beigy shimmer lipstick. I like it because it's fairly moist and has great staying power. I wear this to work when I want to look professional--this is not a flashy lipstick at all, and it goes with everything. I even bought three of them at Walmart in case Jane ever discontinued this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

(Updated 02/26/04)I have this in Mostly Mauve, a MLBB purple-pink. Of all my lipsticks and glosses, this MLBB color is the absolute best MLBB for my PPP cool coloring. THis lipstick is smooth, creamy, has satiny shine, and it's cheap cheap cheap! Hm, I noticed a lot of the other reviewers said it was drying, but it's moisturizing on me. This is actually what I wear when I need a lipstick with lip balm properties. Really softens my lips. Will definately re-purchase and will probably buy more shades after I end my self-imposed moratorium on buying makeup. UPDATE 03/19/04: Plum Perfect is a great shade too. But NOT Kiss of Caramel or Browned Down Red.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2003 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MissLexy

this is awesome! I got it in a pinky color and it's soo pretty...it ain't revlon maybelline or covergirl but it sure is better then bonnebell will ever be and perfect for on the good the only thing is i suggest if you really want perfection but some covergirl wetslicks lip gloss in the color that matches the lip stick then dude you have the best lip color ever!!! it rocks and not too expensive tehe!! enjoy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 2:41:00 AM More reviews by PixyAnne

You know what I don't get: about 3 years ago all the Jane displays in the drug stores, Wal Marts and Targets stocked at least 2 dozen shades of these at a time in those huge displays that took up 1/4 of the entire cosmetics section - now I see that all those displays are gone and they only carry about 5 shades at a time if I'm lucky. Please tell me these aren't going to be discontinued. They really are among the most satisfactory lip sticks for their price, though I much prefer Janes Barely There sheer lip colors. P.S. Browned Down Red was my first HG lip product. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

I want to love these, since Jane really is my all time favorite brand, but they are just far too drying for me. I can't wear them, they flake and pill and they are uncomfortable. I'll stick to the Lip Polish and my Going Steady Lip Definer in Twig-ie, which is my HG lippie.