November 26, 2014 | 1687 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love the product for my dry, mild eczema skin. it glides on very nicely and locks in my moisturizer underneath very well. it doesnt make me feel oily at all, and it dries to a nice smooth finish. the only bad thing I could really say about this product is the price! I paid $40CAD+tax for this, which could of bought me a new foundation already! D:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I'm on my second tube of this and I still really like it. Some people don't like the smell but I love it. It reminds me a bit of sunscreen which reminds me of summer. This primer helps to keep my cheap Maybelline foundation in place all day. Without it, 80% of the foundation is gone by the afternoon. I would like this even more if it minimised pores too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is expensive, but this is the best primer out there for my dry skin. It not only creates that smooth canvas, but lends a luminosity to my skin that I just don't get with other primers. Plus, it is the only primer that doesn't seem to soak my moisturizer out of my face. It really does add another layer of needed moisture. I can wear this under any of my foundations,and the makeup glides on beautifully. The only way this could be better is if it had an SPF. My favorite foundation has inadequate SPF, so I wear a sunscreen (which seems to double as a primer) underneath and skip the LM primer during the day. I only use the LM primer when I go out at night. I'd love to wear this LM primer in the daytime as well, as I love it so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this primer but I have had three tubes where the ingredients seperated and became unusable. Things I love about it are goes on smooth without being slick, makes foundation last all day and does not cause my sensitive skin to react. I am not an everyday foundation wearer so do not use primer up quickly. The first tube I bought seperated about 6 months after purchased from Sephora. Watery clear liquid would come out first then white cream would follow. No matter how much I shook the tube or tried to re-mix it just would not reconstitute. Figured this happen because of changing atmsophere/temps since I left it in my bathroom over the summer and had taken it on several trips. Bought a second tube and following the advice of the Sephora sale associate kept it in my refridge. Same thing happened again. Brought it back to Sephora and explained what happened so they gave me a third tube but alas this happened again. In six months I use about a quarter of the tube so it is just not worth the price to keep buying this for the small amount I am able to use before it seperates.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't need a primer, so for me it's a waste of money. But I'm going to review it for those thinking about purchasing this primer.

It's hydrating, and I put it on top of my moisturizer. I'm just finding a use for it now. For me, my usual moisturizer keeps my makeup on just as long as this. I don't have scars, fine lines, or anything like that, so I can't review on how it fills those things. When I'm older, and begin getting wrinkles, I may repurchase this if they still make it by that time.

I have noticed there aren't as many hydrating primers on the market as there are for oily skins. So if you want a decent hydrating primer, this is a good one. But if you don't have issues with lines, scars, or anything, you may not need a primer at all. Luckily, my moisturizer keeps my makeup on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by caits2011

I've tried a lot of primers over the years, mac benefit, clinique etc but this tops them all! My makeup literally does not budge all day. I did a little experiment and makeup stayed perfect when working out at the gym, working in a coffee shop all day and even swimming. Yes it's expensive but it lasts for ages and saves you topping up your makeup all day :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this primer because it's not the usual silicone base and I feel better about putting it on my skin. That said, I dont' think that it keeps my makeup as flawless as the silicone ones. However, if you dislike the "smothery" feel that silicone primers can have, you might want to try this one. I think it is nice to mix it up from time to time!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am not impressed at all. It is only a moisturizer working with foundation and nothing more than that. I also found it is not hydrating enough. My face gradually dries out after 8 hrs, which is normal comparing to my other moisturizers. For this price as a primer, I am not looking for something miracle but this one doesn't do anything. I am good with my existing moisturizers already.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this primer. It feels like a gel-like cream. It doesn't feel like silicone which I hate and my foundation wears beautifully all day. I think it's expensive, but a splurge that I'll make. I wish I could see the contents of the tube. To me, it's only slightly hydrating. It never feels oily or looks shiny on me. I would say my skin is normal/dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I have super dry skin so this is a must especially in the winter months. I always let my regular moisturizer soak in before I apply this primer. I've found since switching to this primer my makeup doesn't start to flake and look dry in the middle of the day like it used to.

I think that the price is extremely reasonable, it is priced much better than the other brands I've seen at Sephora. For $30 you get 1.7 fl oz, whereas even with a Sephora primer it is $15 for only 0.5 fl oz.