January 29, 2015 | 1770 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Make Up For Ever - Sens Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros -- dry finish, no residue,
-- no stinging, contact safe
-- don't need lots of product (3 wipes full eye makeup with primer, shadow, long-wearing eyeliner and waterproof mascara),
-- no black leftover in the morning,
-- easy to manipulate and dry finish, so great for spot correction.

Cons -- expensive

I was looking for a new make-up remover, because I found Neutrogena's dual one great, but it leaves a slimy finish and leftovers in the morning if you don't wash your face. I tried Sens Eyes and L'Oréal Dermo-Expertise Absolute Make-Up Remover at the same time. Same result EXCEPT, L'Oreal needed 4-5 wipes, but less product, slimy finish (but less slimy than Neutragena's dual phase) and 1/3 the price.

Still, dry finish is so nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Works great on tough, hard to remove waterproof eye make-up but does take either 2 applications or if you apply and smear over eyes and leave on for a minute or two to give it time to break down the make-up. It does burn if it gets in your eyes, which is ironic since it is supposed to be for sensitive eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after reading all the great reviews, and wish I had tested it first. I have sensitive eyes/skin, and this really stings if it gets in the eyes (even though it claims not to!). As long as you are really careful to not get it in the eyes, it does remove makeup well. It is a gel like texture which I find I use a lot of product up when removing makeup as it soaks into the cotton pad. I will use the bottle up then go back to my HG Clinique take the day off makeup remover. I just don't love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by missjessica83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Removes makeup really well, especially waterproof mascara. The only con to this product is that if you get it in your eye it really stings. As long as you're careful, this product will help take off all the gunk!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a while and never got around to reviewing it. I love this eye makeup remover. I use it for waterproof and regular eye makeup removal. A few quick swipes and my makeup's gone, and the best part is there isn't a greasy oily residue after. I didn't have any issues, luckily, with burning or stinging. I like the gel-cream consistency and haven't found another product yet that does the job like this does for me. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I prefer to use just my regular cleanser for removing eye makeup. However, occasionally, I will try a mascara/eye makeup that will not budge. I have tried all kinds of popular removers, like Lancomes bifacil, Cliniques etc. etc. Not only do they not work. They leave a film and get into your eyes making them blurry/sting. This one works, not only to remove super stubborn eye makeup. It leaves no film and is ultra gentle on the eye area. Excellent product, IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in a sample size (10$ at Sephora). Works really great for me! It does not leave an oily residue. The consistency is not too thick yet not too watery... it's perfect and easy to work around with. Removed my waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara with ease. Will not guarantee that this product will work for every waterproof formula though.
Another great thing is that the product is scentless.

However !!!

The product stung my eyes, and this product was for the "sensitive eyes". Wow, this thing really hurt my eyes real bad. I never had a reaction like this before.
I suppose I just happened to be among the minority who has a reaction against this product. Out of curiosity, I kept using the product just to see how things go from there. To my surprise, the more I kept using the product, the less it stung. I suppose my eyeballs got used to it? Not sure what's going on there.
Just make sure that you're not applying too much on your eyes at first in case it might sting.

So far, this is the only eye makeup remover that removed waterproof eye makeup effortless in my experience as an ex-drugstore shopper (I'm slowly upscaling). This was my first higher end waterproof eye makeup remover.
I'll be using this until I find something better. Worth a try for 10$ (you can always return the product!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG eye makeup remover. I sampled this at Sephora when I wanted to remove some makeup from my hand. It removed it quickly, and left my hand soft. I have been look for a creamy, oil-free remover for ages to help remove mascara (I use a mascara primer that really keeps things in place, almost like waterproof). I bought a small travel-size since I still had a bunch of my Sonia Kashuk remover at home, and boy does this work! This remover requires very little rubbing and removes my eye makeup easily, including the mascara. There are no raccoon eyes after I shower. Even with the oil-based removers, it felt difficult to remove my mascara and it didn't leave my eye area soft. It is a little pricier than some removers, but definitely worth not rubbing so much and irritating my eye area. You only need a little to get the makeup off so the bigger bottle should last a while. Definitely like the pump.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up sens eyes at Sephora when my chanel counter was out of my HG, Gentle biphase. Although sens eyes does do a decent job of removing my waterproof makeup, I had a major allergic reaction that resulted in extremely painful swollen eyes after the first day of use. After I stopped using sens eyes the swelling and irritation started to disappear.

I'm not really sure what the ingredient in this that caused such a severe reaction, I have never had a reaction to any eye makeup remover in the past and I've used several (chanel, shiseido, lancome, clinique, estee lauder, etc)

Asides from the bad reaction, I still didn't find this to work as well as my beloved chanel mu remover, or even as well as lancome bifacil.

Given the glowing reviews, I'm sure I'm in the small minority with the reaction, but this is definitely a no go for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. I wear a ton of waterproof mascara and nothing removes it as easily as this. No lashes are harmed or removed in the process, which is what usually happens with other removers. I wear contacts and this has not been a problem. It has gotten in my eyes many times and it doesn't sting at all. I am used to liquid removers, so the creamy consistency of this was odd at first, though it works well in the shower and doesn't run all over the place. I love that this product has a pump. It is so much easier to get to the product this way.

The only downside is the price. It's definitely pricey for a MU remover, but honestly, since it doesn't damage my lashes or sting, it is worth the price.