April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Finisher

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was interested in trying this wax product over a gel. I like the application, but find I have to smear a lot on. I use clear, and it does keep your brows in place. But if anything brushes your brows, the wax just makes the hair stand funky until you notice it and fix it. Plus, I don't believe you can use this for the Back to MAC program. :( Boo! I will probably finish the tube, but then go back to a gel finisher.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in clear and I find this to do what it says. I generally put powder on my brows and use this to set the powder and keep the brows in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by meerabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic go-to product. I have it in 'Wheat', which is perfect for my dark brown brows. I normally use it with a pencil, but on days I just want a quick fix I can use this on its own and it provides enough colour and contouring.
To apply, the MUA told me to work it into the brows against the growth, and then to brush it through to distribute and shape.
It would be really convenient if MAC provided a brush at the other end of the stick - in fact, it seems like an oversight that they don't already. I remember being told that you can purchase refills, but my local counter doesn't offer this option. Worth checking at yours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by aishashah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I've always disliked the idea of brow gels since I've never achieved a finish I wanted, the "wet" look didn't seem attractive to me at all, so when I've noticed brow wax in a stick - I immediately bought it. I use the clear version, and I love using it as a primer to my brow pencil. I have blackish brown brows, which definitely need a black pencil - but it doesn't look always as natural. I comb my brows, swipe lightly over with this to get the desired shape, fill in with a pencil, and then blend it in with the brow finisher again - it makes the black pencil appear more natural and close to my brow color. My brows don't look "waxy" or dirty after using this, rather very groomed and conditioned. It's not a heavy wax type which sticks to your skin and makes you feel uncomfortable - it's very lightweight and you never feel like you have something on. I'm looking forward to try out their colored versions, maybe they'll make my brows look even fuller. It's easy to take off with an eye m/u remover and it just melts with a cleansing oil. However there are certain minuses with this product. While the packaging is very compact and easy to use, the wax stick itself is very fragile. It broke off twice as I was using it - maybe it's partly my own mistake, as I have a heavy hand, but it still leaves something to be desired for. It's hard to tame my brows - and while it seems to keep their shape at the beginning, by the end of the day my brows don't look the same as in the beginning. It doesn't really change my opinion about this product since I still love the lightness of the formula - therefore it can be as good with keeping all the hairs in place as a heavier product would be. The price is a little steep considering it lasts me about 2 months with everyday use. Lastly, I discovered a lot of brow hairs when the product reached it's end - gross, I know, but also telling me something - maybe this product isn't as good for the health of my brows as it is for the appearance of them? All in all, I'm having mixed feelings with this one. I guess I'll continue to buy it as long as I won't find anything better (and there aren't many companies who do brow waxes, sadly).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lhooker

Great product for my brows! Holds them in place all day, and gives my brows more definition. I use it almost everyday, and the tube has lasted me close to a year. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I bought this thanks to its reviews, perfect to hold my eyebrows in place

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is much better for me than brow set. I like this because it makes my brow powder last longer. I have the clear one and I prime my brows with this and shape them correctly before applying the Coquette eye shadow as a brow powder. I am surprised that more reviewers dont use this as a primer for the brow powder becuase if I apply brow powder on clean brows it wont last or stick that well. I love this an it will always be in my arsenal. I am sorry that I did not buy more than one tube when I was in Berlin because I am near a MAC counter about once a year only!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd tube of this and I usually don't rebuy product because Im always trying new stuff. I LOVE this stuff! It has been a great fix when my eyebrows are in desperate need of grooming. The wax pencil has a twist tube which is the only part I've found I don't care for that much because my product is wearing unevenly and I have to keep shaving some off the top to even it out again. BUT, the texture of this pencil is fabulous and even in brown it has just a hint of color that you literally can not see even in the sunlight. You just swipe over your brows and it makes them lie nice and uniform. I just use a little brow pencil to fill in a couple spots and Oila! glamorous brows!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bluemangogirl

I didn't have to used any brushes or a second product to hold my brows. I have never been a big fan of brow gels, and I have always liked the idea of a wax but never found one that works with such ease!!
I will go back to buy again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does make my brows stay in place. It is discreet and looks natural. It makes my brows look conditioned and smooth. However, I also seem to lose more brow hairs than before. And I'm not sure if the product actually makes my brows healthier or if it just makes it appear healthier. I like the effect the product produces, but I'm not sure if it's actually healthy or good for my brow hairs in the long run. I like my brows full and thick, so I don't want to use this if it's actually causing brow loss.