August 20, 2014 | 1737 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - ALL MAT Matifying Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer. I went in Sephora for a makeover. The SA wiped my face clean of makeup, and put the primer on half of my face and told me to look in the mirror. I was SO astonished at what I saw. My skin is not perfect, I have big pores. The side of my face with the primer on looked so smooth! This is no makeup, just primer! I can clearly see the difference between the two sides. The primer filled in every pore, making my skin so smooth looking. Then the SA put MUFE foundation on and my skin looked absolutely flawless. The great thing about the primer is, after a night of dancing, my skin was NOT oily and the foundation did not budge! The SA did warn me, that the primer can cause breakouts if used all the time, so I only use it occasionally. This primer made me believe in primers, before I never used them because I thought it was an unnecessary step. I highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh, not really impressed. Got a sample from sephora. Used under my powder foundation. Just looked in the mirror 3 hours after application. I am shiny and my pores look bigger than usual. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by makisato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this together with MUFE HD Primer (shade 5,blue). The MA said the sequence of application should be moisturizer, sunscreen, All Mat, HD Primer, and finally, my foundation, MUFE Velvet Mat. Using a moisturizer was never part of my makeup routine because i have sensitive combination skin, i lived in a humid climate and i have no problem with skin dryness, I drink more than 8 glass of H2O per day, but i decided to follow her instructions anyway.

The outcome was really bad, my face felt heavy and the coverage was super thick. Then I tried to repeat the sequence without moisturizer, and the result was better but my face still felt heavy. My little experiment continued and i achieved the perfect canvas with the following sequence: Sunscreen, All Mat/HD Primer, and finally, my foundation. The point is NOT to use both primer AT THE SAME TIME, as instructed by the MA. It's either one OR the other.

The Downside:
After abt 6 hrs, my T-zone (forehead,nose,cheeks,chin) started to bleed oil...not too bad but I had unrealistic expectation *guilty*... the ugly truth is, if you have oily skin, it's something you have to live with, because there is only so much a product can do. A mattifier will only DELAY the shine, not eliminating it. Then again, if it does, I'll be somewhat worried.The skin biology tells us that oil secretes in ONE direction, when the product can't hold it any longer, it HAS to get out. Forcing it to hold back or go back in will encourage it to clog our pores with when the oil turned into SEBUM..yuck...

Oil secretion is a natural process of our skin and it is only unwelcome when it melts our makeup or gives us acne and blemishes. The only solution I have found is to separate a 2-ply tissue, use a single sheet to "dab and press" the excess oil without dragging across the face, so that you won't disturb the foundation molecules, finally, use a finely-milled pressed powder to touch-up the missing patches.

The good news is girls with oily or combination skin doesn't develop wrinkle easily compared to those with dryer skin. So yes, I was disappointed that it didn't work magic, I chucked All Mat into a corner.

Then one night, my friend asked me to join her for a drink. I decided to skip sunscreen, used All Mat on my entire face, and followed by Everyday Minerals foundation (semi-matte). Firstly, using All Mat alone makes my skin ULTRA silky. I decided to let it sit a few minutes before applying EM with a flat-top brush. The result was perfect, perfect, perfect! The foundation glided across my skin and the coverage was even and smooth. Then it dawned on me...lol...the best way to use All-Mat is to use it alone with your foundation...don't messed it up with other skincare products...This product is here to stay, it worked best with powder/mineral foundation....yay

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

all mat is clear with a gel-like consistency. when you apply it to your face it leaves it feeling silky smooth [probably due to the silicones]. all mat leaves your face looking balanced, not overly matte or shinny. i usually put a sunscreen over this or mac prep + prime spf 50, followed with a liquid foundation and/or my mac mineralized skinfinish natural. as my skin is naturally oily, shine usually appears within a couple hours of me washing my face. this prolongs the time that my face stays matte. i can't say that it keeps my face matte all day, perhaps 6+ hrs at a time. if i get oily i just blot, and i'm back to being matte again. no other product besides mac prep + prime spf 50 has been able to help with my shine. though it doesn't totally eliminate it, it helps, and i am grateful for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by bellalinda1805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and now in NY the weather is getting warmer, so my skin looks extremely oily and disgusting! I went out clubbing on Saturday, so you can imagine how oily my skin would have looked with the heat outside and inside, but not with this baby! After I put on my moisturizer and let it sink for 15 minutes, I applied a dime-sized amount of this primer…and my makeup looked awesome all night! I followed with Laura Mercier illuminating TM in bare radiance and Milani luminous, and WOW!! All those “illuminating” products are bound to give an oily girl like me a disco ball appearance, but my face looked glowy and dewy all night…the only thing I hate about this product is the price!! $45USD, so I suggest you get a sample like I did before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the business for us oily girls. It cost me a pretty penny I can tell you that but worth every cent, and then some. I only use a dab or 2 on my hot spots, forehead, and cheeks. My face never gets as oily as it used to just my forehead when I wear my bang..(natural hair oils). Without my bangs though no oil, use this and I'm good for the day seiously. I have no used a MUFE that did me wrong. Good stuff, for the oily girls out there! BTW the cap just kept falling off when I picked it up by the cap, guess it's not tight enough..anyways other than that good stuff...lose the cap though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thia is really good! MAC's primer has always been my all-time fave, but this may take the cake! It really makes things more matte on your face. I used this with Duo Mat powder also by MUFE. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by pussinboots2

LOVED this product; Up until I used this product, I would put on my makeup in the morning, get to work... and have to blot.. numerous times throughout the day. After using this product, in tandem with the HD powder, I RARELY have to blot throughout the day. If only I could find the perfect foundation.... Have tried a lot of primers and this one is it for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first primer I've used that actually does what it says. It kept my oily skin under control for 4+ hours. My makeup powder went on perfectly after this. The first primer that I've found that actually controls oil and keeps makeup fresh longer. Will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: This has almost no oil control properties. Not for oily skin. Not sure what it does. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by alien21xx

This is a nice silicon-based primer that helped even out the blemishes on my face and kept my face quite matte, as long as I use it with a powder foundation. Used with liquids and creams, all bets are off. For reference, I have oily skin all over and used with my Pure Luxe mineral foundation, this primer gave me a matte face for about 10 hours. I suggest using only a tiny pea-sized amount for your whole face, otherwise, the heavy gel will only make you look oilier than you already are.