November 27, 2014 | 1480 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jules_2015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm PPP, super sensitive, mild rosacea, combination skin but tends to dryness in the winter and when my skin is inflamed.

This stuff is different than any foundation you'll ever see. it's basically a spray you apply all over your face. The coverage and the air-brushed look is pretty amazing - skin looks flawless - for a couple of hours at least. it also covers redness. however - it does settle into pores (and I have big ones) and it doesn't last all day (granted, i never used it with primer as I assumed it should hold - it's waterproof).

But the reason I don't use it daily anymore is because it offers too much coverage and I didn't see my skin through it - it made me look somewhat dull and colorless. I like to see the skin colors beneath a foundation. also, i suspect that it dried my skin a bit - but I'm not sure. I have it in OP-3 which is slightly too light for me.

so I would probably only use it for going out at night or big events from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kicker11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No review.. just a question. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba/Canada.. Where can I get this item?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ashdolan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I have sensitive skin - some itchy/red places on occasion - and just the simple act of NOT touching my face is a relief. I think the overall visual effect with this airbrushing technique is something that CAN be achieved with a liquid or mineral makeup - but that takes much more work (ie: buffing with kabuki brushes, setting powders, etc) This is super easy, although it takes practice to get the application right. I am pretty fair skinned, although not the fairest of the fair. I got the OP3 and that seems to be a good enough match. I recommend watching the video on you tube for help with first time set-up. The only con I have so far is that it really does dull the color of your blush, so you may want to put on a bit more heavy handed, or perhaps try a brighter shade of blush. If you are on the fence about trying it, I definitely think you should take the plunge!

Edit 5/10/09 - Yes, you need concealer for dark circles or blemishes - but the coverage is very buildable, assuming you allow for drying time between applications. Secondly, I have found that this works better for me when I do not apply primer - just moisturizer, then concealer, blush, eyeshadow/liner, then air touch. Afterwards, I touch up the eyeshadow if necessary and apply mascara and lipstick.

2nd Edit 5/25/09 - Still in love with this foundation. Bought OC1 off Ebay and the color is better for me. I'm totally addicted! I use this with no other foundations underneath, and I build it to a medium coverage. I am surprised that I am going through this little packet faster than expected. I figure this will be too expensive for me to use in the long run - however it still deserves the 5 star rating. Perfection has it's price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nurzahirah

this is the first item i bought after joining MUA. i still am a student (more or less) so i had second thoughts about buying this product. Im living in Singapore so the SKII Air Touch Foundation cost SG$202 which i think is equivelant to US$130? around there.

I went to the counter and sadly, they only have 4 shades. OP1-OP4. The lady tried the darkest shade on me, OP4, but it was too light and cakey! (she didnt even sprayed 10 cm away from my face! it was just 3 cm!!!!) but i still bought it.

i went home and i tried it, amazing! of course u have to use concealer with it! but other than that, the glow was magnificent!! i just stared dumbfounded and myself. "How can one product be so amazing?!!".
BUT, the next day i had small spots appearing on my face. It was quite sad really, knowing that you spent a bomb on your product and it doesnt work on you, you just want it to work!!

so i thought, hey why not use a normal powder before spraying it onto my face? and it works! it works wonder! let me tell you, no spots at all, glow, perfection! what else can i ask for!!
reviews itself wont do you justice ladies, go out there and try it! no scratch that, buy it! every woman should own one! its even hassle free!

oh yes the cost might be a bomb! but its SO worth it. (oh and if you would like to ship it from Singapore to US, (cause i think its cheaper) im just a message away.

LOVE IT!! HG HG HG! xoxo.

EDIT: i forgot the most important part, staying power. it lasts the whole day! but i have super oily skin so, blotting is a must! i do it once only tho! and this thing just sets on my face immediately! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by zeptokitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to update my ATF experience and share an exchanged message with another user that i thought might be beneficial to some others...

"Hi! I'm considering getting a different color SK-II refill. Just curious if you ever tried the BE color? I am fair, lots of yellow in my skin on my neck, but my face gets pink and I need to counter that with yellow toned makeup. It's hard to find light yellow-based products sometimes, since mostly they have a pink-ish cast it seems if they are light enough. The OP3 is a bit pink (although not bad) and I was considering ordering the BE but I was nervous that it may be too dark. Just curious what you have found. Thanks!"

"Well, I did end up getting OB4, which is an ochre/beige color. There is no pink to it. The OP3, well, the "P" in it is for pink, so you are right in your assessment. OB4 was definitely in the yellow undertone family, but unfortunately, too light for me. I might try it out in the winter when i am less tan. I wish it were a bit darker, then it would have been perfect. But, it sounds like it might be a good fit for you! I got mine on ebay since it is a "Japanese" shade. That's probably why it is more fair. Hopefully, they will come out with some new colors for the more Western skin tones soon! Until then, I have stuck with the BR6. Good luck!"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not easily given to superlatives, but this foundation is amazing. Given the high price, it had to be in order for me to justify outlaying so much of my hard earned cash. The best illustration I can give is this: after walking for one and a half hours yesterday, at a fast pace and in full makeup, I came home and blotted off the sweat on my face with a tissue and there was absolutely no transfer of product onto the Kleenex. This stuff is bullet proof. Application takes a little getting use to. Since I have oily skin and I live in the south, this is my routine. I apply my DHC 30 SPF sunscreen first and let it soak in for anywhere from 15 minutes to an half hour (I typically style my hair and eat breakfast between showering and putting on my makeup). I start with concealer where needed and a very light layer of FX Cover over some hyperpigmentation I have on the sides of my face. Then, with a big, fluffy brush I dust on some of my Coastal Scents silica powder, probably any HD powder will do. I do this so that any powder based bronzer or blush will go on smoothly. I bronze, blush, fill in eyebrows and apply my eyeshadow and liner. The I take the SKII machine, turn it on and go lightly over my face - I prefer an up and down pattern as opposed to side by side - for about 15 seconds. Then I apply my lipstick and mascara. That does it and I am locked in for the day. I find that it doesn't take any time at all to dry, but we are not into the humid months yet. I chose the OP3 shade, but will probably switch to the BE shade once summer gets here. I am very, very excited to have found this product, I think it makes my skin look much younger than my previous foundation. I highly suggest checking out Asparagus Market on eBay, their price for the machine and one refill is considerably less than what you would pay at Saks or Bloomies. If it hadn't been for the glowing reviews of the MA experts, I would never have had the nerve to try this. Thanks everyone! 5/12/09 addition - my skin is having much few breakouts now - and it looks much better even without any makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by dragonflyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is an amazing product. I brought it earlier in the year after researching the reviews and I'm so glad I did. I have acne scarred skin (now fading thanks to MUAC Gylcolic peels) and have used every damned foundation out there to get that airbrushed, flawless skin look. I live in the UK and like many countries we only have 4 colours to choose from. I began using the 0P3, but beacuse of my asian yellow toned skin, this looked a bit ashy on me. I then brought BR6, but this was too dark. I did a search on ebay and brought BE2, which is perfect! And if i want a slightly "bronzed" kinda look, i just spray a little of the BR6 over it. (You can also use darker colours to kinda contour your face too!) All in all, the finsh is perfect. I have oily skin so this doesnt stay matt all day, but thats fine with me. Touch ups are brilliant and fuss free, and you dont get that "caked on make up" look either. I only have to put a little concealor on as opposed to the amount i used to put on, put on blusher and mattifying powder and spray this in a kind of zig zag form over my forehead first, then left cheek, then right. Everything gets covered and after a few minutes, you get perfection. Flawless finish. It truely is amazing. It lasts all day (I once did a 13 hour shift at work and this still looked great at the end of the day!) and it even withstands a full on cardio gym sesion! My best friend who ive known for years even said to me "wow, you look glowing!"
For those who want the "me but only better" look, this is it. Yeah, its pricey, but compared to all the other rubbish foundations ive tried, if i had brought this first then i would have saved myself a lot of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by supergirljoce

HG HG HG! I spent tons of money and lots of wasted time & effort on different products in the process of finding my perfect, airy foundation. This one takes the cake--and somehow, I knew that when I finally settled on THE ONE, it would be astronomically expensive. But other than that downside, SK-II is genius. The packaging is flawless and great for anal people like me who don't like using brushes and fingers to blend in foundation. It's light--settles quickly and feels like you literally have no makeup on. I use OP-3 for my light skin, and it makes me look lit from within...like the airbrushed skin of models on the pages of fashion magazines that I've always envied.
Other than the price, this product is perfect. The price does make sense though--the first time you buy it, you're mostly paying for the dispenser, because of the technology used to spray the foundation onto your skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this 8 months ago and love it. I dont use it everyday (I am in surgery all day and it would be a waste) but I always use it for going out and special occasions when I want to look fresh and nice. I am not sure if the reviewer belows air touche was working. When you turn it on you can hear a faint buzz and feel a slight "misting" on the skin so you know its working. I have the BR-6 and find at a perfect match for my summer skin. I put primer, concealer, blush, and eye shadow on first, then spray this over my face for about 15 seconds. I get a beautiful glowy soft focus effect that lasts all day. The best part is you cant even tell Im wearing foundation - even in total sunlight. The effect is so natural and your blush just seems to glow from within. Dont expect full coverage with this though. My skin is pretty good thanks to birth control and my clarisonic so I bought this more to give me an 'airbrushed but you cant tell Im wearing make up' look and thats exactly what this does. If you have good skin youll love it. If your skin needs some work you might need to wear something with a little more coverage underneath. I have large pores in my t-zone area and find that if I put Cliniques pore minimizer on underneath my SKII they pretty much disappear. I love the packaging. Its very hightech and very portable. Infact, I keep this in my purse in case if something comes up and I need to look beautiful :-) Love this product. HG.
Edit 5/1/2009: This is still a good product but I reserve 5 lippies for HG products only and sisley oil free foundation has replaced this as my HG. I find that sisley applies with Mac 187 gives my the same natural airbrushed finish but minimizes my pores even more. This is still a fab product though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by beagh30

I bought this foundation and was so dissapointed as when I used it I did not know if it was working,for example was it actually on,it made no difference to my "look".
It has no coverage and I spent 15 minutes putting on concealer perfectly and when I sprayed it on,I still felt and looked naked.
Will not be buying again,I did try it for about a month and a work colleague said that she thought I was wearing no make up and was this my new look,so I went back to the normal foundation.