Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean refreshing shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylene-Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 5/10/2013 12:59:00 AM

So before I used this product I was expecting it to be quite drying and stripping. Before Drama Clean, I was using the Color Me Happy shampoo which could leave my hair feeling a bit snarly before adding conditioner... You can imagine how shocked I was when the Drama Clean shampoo cleaned my hair and left it feeling really soft and healthy (even before the conditioner) Whaaaaaat??? Why would the color treated shampoo be more drying than the Drama Clean formula??? I don't know and I don't really care. This shampoo is the bomb and I won't be going back to Color Me Happy! This shampoo with the matching Drama clean conditioner leaves my hair feeling sooooo silky without the build up.. Not to mention my hair smells of citrus and apple all day. Gorgeous!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I honestly always love Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners. I love Hello Hydration, I use that as my daily shampoo. My hair gets oily very quickly, second day hair doesn't stand a chance on my hair. I decided to try a clarifying shampoo for a once a week deep clean and I love it. It smells like fresh citrus and does a great job of cleaning my hair, second day hair doesn't feel as nearly oily as not using a clairying shampoo. Of course I don't use this every other day, I mean I could but between heat styling and growing out my hair, my hair would result to breakage. Its great to use once a week but don't use everyday. I also use the paring conditioner with this when I do use it. All and all a great find.

on 3/23/2013 9:41:00 PM

Im glad I tried this shampoo. My roots were getting so heavy and oily and this brought life back to my hair. I love the way my curls came to life after one use. This is not an everyday shampoo, im sure my fine hair would get very dry if used daily but to get rid of residue this is so good. My hair is shoulder lenght, fine, dry ends, and coloured. I use different products in my hair like serums and hairspray, mousse and moroccan oil. It was starting to look so dull. Im sure this would be great as a make up brush cleaner too. The conditioner for this is great too, light and moisturizing with a fresh scent.

Edit: used my regular shampoo the next day and noticed it had a great boost from this treatment, definately something i will use at least once a month

on 12/24/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Relied on MUA reviews to buy this product but it stripped my fine coloured mature hair dry a little more than I'd like. The shampoo does clean really well, smells yummy and is a good price, but at the end of the day, a girl needs to know that her colour stays firm and is not left with straw like hair. Won't re-purchase.

on 11/29/2012 9:35:00 PM

This product smells really great and lathers really well. It has a fresh fruity/floral scent and does not leave greasy residue in your hair. The only drawback about this product is that I don't trust it for color treated hair. I highlight my hair every few months and i want to keep the color preserved and fresh. I do not use this shampoo right after I get my hair done but i do use it a few months into it. I would reccomened using this on non-blonde color treated hair.

on 11/27/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I am simply amazed at how effective drugstore clarifying shampoos are at cleaning my makeup brushes. I thought I had found love with VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, but Drama Clean will definitely have to be its permanent replacement. It doesn't seem to be as easily accessible as some of the other Herbal Essences shampoos, as I was only able to locate it at one particular Walgreen's. But it's definitely worth finding if you're in the market for a new makeup brush cleanser, as this shampoo really is quite stripping and extremely effective.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I recently found a small bottle lying around. I've almost used it up, and I will be getting a big bottle. This is simply a shampoo. It cleans you hair and smells good with a little moisture. It's simple, and cleans your hair. It's not a clarifying shampoo. Used with Herbal Essences Colour Me Happy Conditioner, I have happy, soft, bouncy, shiny hair.

on 10/23/2012 1:41:00 PM

I agree with the reviewer below me, this stuff is "cheap and cheerful". I use this about once a week when my hair feels greasy and dirty, and it cleans my hair amazingly well. It also makes my hair feel really bouncy and "light". I'm not a fan of the fruity bubbly smell, however I can tolerate it. The packaging is cute and you get a LOT for the price. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use because I feel it would be really drying and harsh for your hair. This by no means is a nourishing/moisturizing/softening shampoo. It claims to clean your hair, and it does just that!

EDIT: I especially like to use it after a massaging my hair with a mix of coconut oil and castor oil. It really gets all the oil out of my hair and my hair feels really silky and beautiful :)

on 10/19/2012 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

you can't go wrong with this shampoo. it's cheap and cheerful, and it really works on greasy hair - my teenage kids go through bucket loads and it works every time. i use it periodically to remove product build up and it does a great job ;-)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this yesterday. I had some buildup at my roots so I was hoping this would clean my hair really well. It did not let me down! The smell is okay, not great but not horrible like some have said on here. It did a great job of cleaning all the buildup at my scalp. I used a different brand of conditioner and my hair does not feel dry. I hope this continues to work great and my hair doesn't get used to it!

Popular Shampoos