August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Powder - Avon - Smooth Mineral Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by heyralph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-vegan (I emailed Avon and they confirmed!)
-non-irritating for sensitive skin
-affordable
-decent range of shades
Cons:
-light coverage

This is my go-to foundation for whenever I need to even out my skintone, but don't want heavy liquid foundation. The new packaging is MUCH better than the old; it's definitely easier to use! I've never tried any of the high-end brands of mineral makeup, but I would guess that Smooth Minerals is comparable! And Avon periodically has specials that make it very affordable, plus you can always return any product if it doesn't work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by QUEENSONIA2001

i LOVE this powder/foundation. I haven't worn non mineral makeup in at least 4 years. I've tried bare minerals, and I hate the feel of it. Feels so thick. This feels like nothing . Like you have put nothing on your face. Good coverage. Doesn't cover every little pimple scar or red spot, but that's what concealer is for.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pureheiress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this when it first came out in "almond" which is now called "shell". I really wanted to try mineral foundation but not spend heaps on it. However this had no coverage at all for me. I have the older larger packaging one, however ,I did buy the newer one even though it's smaller in shell as my back up when it runs out. I find this foundation very drying on my skin and didn't like to wear alone as it made me itchy. However, it works perfect as a setting powder over my foundation. I've had it for over a year now and still haven't even gotten half way through the first one. A bit disappointed about the size change but all and all it works pretty well as my latest setting powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ladymisspi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It looked obvious, has no match for pink undertone skin, it smells awful, and it itched like crazy and even somehow managed to "burn" parts of my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this in the pressed formulation in sand beige. I found this works perfectly with avon's magix as a base since it provides spf and shrinks pores if that is a concern of yours. This is mess free and very easy to apply. My skin looks great and it's an inexpensive mineral foundation, can be used with brush if you prefer. Looks natural! No glitter in it like bare minerals foundation yuck

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by twitchyhug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high expectations for this product, but it looked revolting. Even on good skin days it was like a neon sign saying HELLO HERE ARE MY PORES. Very chalky and obvious-looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by TiigerLiily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation. This was my first step into the world of both mineral makeup and powder foundation. I was dubious about the coverage and smoothness a powder foundation would offer but all of my doubts have vanished. At first I didn't know how to apply it and it looked streaky and felt chalky but after researching various methods of applying it it looks beautiful! I ordered ivory as it looked quite pale in the catalogue but in reality it was alot darker. However, it doesn't look orange on me at all and I am naturally quite pale. This foundation sat well, stayed well, looked smooth, airbrushed and natural and yet had excellent built up coverage. In my school makeup is not allowed (punishable by detention, I've got detention before for just having concealer under my eyes!) and I was pulled over by our uniform inspector this morning. She looked at my face in the light and then said "you have lovely skin, I thought you had foundation on!" so it has definatly passed the test for me. Its matte but with a light, natural looking glow. It doesn't cling to my pores anymore than any other foundation I have tried. My one qualm with it is that it does seem to settle into fine lines but this is easily rectified with a good base primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The very *FIRST* and *ONLY* mineral foundation that has ever worked for me. BE has always been awful on me and for me, as it's made me break out & get clogged pores, plus it has an ugly sheen that looks like oily skin. Ick.
This one is wonderful! It's truly a mineral foundation (take a look at the ingredients), it hides all my skin's sins, and it doesn't clog my pores. I'm NC30/35 and use "Sand Beige" -looks awesome on my skin and no orange. The smooth minerals blushes are also wonderful! Thanks to the great results with these, I'm going to be trying other smooth minerals products.
Try this one, it's easy to do bc Avon frequently has 2 x 1 sales, so this ends up costing $5.00!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the packaging but didn't like the foundation. I found it was too yellow on my skin tone. The lightest one was too light and the next shade was too dark. Very disappointing. =( The blushes and eye shadows however, are another story! They are great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by sabbles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm torn. It's the first mineral makeup that tried. Although it made my skin super soft, I don't think it looked natural. The color selection is limited, and the ingredients are more mainstream than "good for your skin natural." My advice: wait until they have a two-for-one deal, and if you hate it, there's a money-back guarantee.