July 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I really wanted to love this, but it just wouldn't last long on me.

Setting it, not setting it ...it would only last a few hours on my dry skin. 2.5 matched by NC20ish skin pretty well, its creamy and goes on med to full coverage. It gave me that beautiful luminous glow but disappeared in patches within hours. For $46, its inexcusable, so I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is good only for very dry skin as it is very rich. Beware of the colors. I am usually sand or beige, I bought this in beige, it was very pale, so I gave it away and bought the warm beige which is a good color (same beige as in the BB moisture rich foundation. Another minus is that it does not have a pump, so there is a lot of wastage, as you cannot dose it properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! Thank you Bobbi Brown for making a foundation that comes in a wide color range and has no irritating chemical sunscreen! I am very pale (NC 10-15), and Alabaster is one of the few foundations I can wear. As someone with extremely sensitive skin, I am so thankful to find a foundation without avobenzone, oxybenzone, or other irritating sunscreen ingredients. This foundation evens out my skintone nicely while still looking natural. I always have two backup bottles of this foundation. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyMama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I have been looking for a foundation that was light enough for my skin but didn't make me look like a ghost in pictures. It goes on smoothly and matches my skin perfectly. I do have to put on powder to tone down the luminous part but that is not a problem. I am very pale and have had a hard time finding a foundation that looked natural. I use a sponge to apply the makeup. The only thing that I would improve is the packaging. I wish the foundation had a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Pinksparkling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always used MAC F&B and thought that I would like better coverage. I saw this and was very excited.
It didn’t start off well for me though. I was so disappointed. Bobbi Brown has such rave reviews that I bought this foundation. Firstly the customer service was awful. I booked an appointment for colour matching - as advised by the CS online. When I got to House of Fraser the SA's actually tutted that someone had to match me up. There were 5 free and one even rolled her eyes. very unwelcoming! I was colour matched to a colour 3 shades darker than me (by the girl that tutted). When I went outside (after I bought it) I realised how horrendously orange it was so took it immediately back for a refund and pretty much had to fight for this. Always go outside as House of Frasers lighting is such that you think you look good till you get outside!
I am a MAC NC30 and was matched to Honey. .
I went back a few weeks later to try again and was matched to a similar colour. Natural Tan. It does look a little orange as the day goes on but more importantly it slides straight off. I have dry skin and I find after a few hours this foundation gets itchy on me. I think its the lavender - a strange ingredient for foundation! It doesn’t stay put well. You can see all my pores and lines and also shadows.
I wouldn’t recommend this or ever buy it again.
Unfortunately, the search for my HG foundation continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not look lunimous on my skin nor was it moisturizing. In fact, it looked dry. My blush did not go on smoothly. The Almay Smart Shade Mousse makeup looks so much better and it costs under $10.00. Glad I got a sample to try it because I would have taken it back otherwise. Not worth the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by taznim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved this foundation and the way it looked on my incredibly dry skin. A makeup artist used this on me for my cousin's engagement and I have to say it photographed beautifully; perhaps due to the lack of sunscreen in it. I had been searching for an spf free foundation for a while and this was almost a godsend to me. My other cousins wore Estee Lauder Double Wear and Makeup Forever HD Foundation and in pictures they had a grey-ish tint. The makeup artist used 4.5 Warm Natural and while it looked beautiful on, when I buy it I think I might go for 4.2 or maybe 4. I am around an NC 35 in Mac.
When she applied it on me using her hands I had incredibly dry, flaky skin and as soon as it had been blended and sunk in I found it to have not emphasised my flaky skin at all! It was astonishing.
I would say that Luminous is a sheer to medium coverage foundation that really does look like skin. On me it was not dewy at all but not matte either. Unlike plenty of foundations it was not thick to touch and was rather very smooth and mimicked my skin perfectly.
Longevity was not an issue as when I removed it, using olive oil and Bobbi Brown makeup remover, at 11:00 in the night I saw that it was pretty perfect. No fading or sliding around at all.
The bottle is very small but contains the usual 30 ml, one negative point is the absence of a pump which is irritating and wasteful however I have read somewhere that Mac foundation pumps do fit and will be looking into this.
I would recommend this foundation for all those with extremely dry -normal skin and a warm- yellow based complexion as Bobbi caters best for these people.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by kylied888

I have dry, mildly acne prone skin, which has made it hard for me to find suitable foundations.

I find this foundation is really good for my dry skin and so far it hasn't seemed to cause any extra acne in my skin.

This foundation does leave quite a dewy finish which I need to matte down a bit with my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, but that was expected because obviously that was the look they were going for.

It looks very natural and even with powder on top of it, it still gives you a nice natural looking glow, which is really great for dry skin.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because of the packaging. I don't understand why the other Bobbi Brown foundations all have pumps, but this one doesn't. This makes it slightly inconvenient to use and because it's quite expensive, i don't want to waste any so I don't like pouring it out to use it, because the amount is quite hard to control. Instead I use a small concealer brush and dip it into the bottle then dap it on my face before blending it out with a mac 187 stippling brush. I find that this is the easiest way to use it but it would be much easier with a pump.

All in all, I think this is a great product that is worth the money, but I think it is better suited to people with dry skin as normal to oily skinned people may find it too dewy looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and this truely does make my face look luminous. I originally was not interested in trying this - I wanted to try the balm...I thought the balm was too greasy for everyday but this - the Luminous Moisturizing Foundation is wonderful!!! This gives me a look like LM TM plus brightening powder in basically one step - I find powder is optional with this product. This is sheer but buildable with a lot of pigment. If you want a matter look you can add powder or use nothing and just glow!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the BB skin foundation, and decided to try this for winter as my skin always gets drier. I used it for 2 days and then returned it! I had two major problems with it: (1) it really irritated my sensitive skin. I checked the ingredients and it has lavender in it. Not a good idea for a foundation. Many people who are allergic to ragweed, are also allergic to lavender. (2) the bottle pour opening, instead of a pump. Talk about wasting product on every pour! And for $46 a bottle, I don't want to waste product. Some people may like a lot, as it goes on like silk and has a nice finish on drier skin.