Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 1/22/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Finally I care enough about my skin to get an exfoliant! I first read about this product while looking for anti-aging products for 20-something skin. Well, I guess I've always cared, but never wanted to spend a bunch of money. Having acne-prone skin also holds me back from trying new products.

Daily Microfoliant has made the single BIGGEST improvement in my skin, and I have had acne for 15 years. I do use Retin-A every night and Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning, but I mostly credit how great my skin looks to this stuff. I have big pores, oily skin, cystic and normal acne...and now I am starting to see fine lines. But this, this gives me hope. I use it every other day after I cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser & my Boscia Charcoal Sponge. I don't really have any pimples to speak of.

There is hope, all!!

on 1/15/2015 10:42:00 PM

LOVE! I have repurchased this about four times and I absolutely love it! I hadn't realised that a lot of my issues with acne were due to my exfoliant being too harsh. At first I didn't really think it was doing anything because I didn't get the scrubby sensation but after I used it my skin felt so soft and smooth! I notice such a difference when I use it (and when I don't use it...). The price is pretty high -- although I do appreciate that dermalogica recently dramatically lowered their prices -- but I still purchase it (even though I am a lowly underpaid PhD student) because I love it so much. Gold star with a smiley face and a crown and a wand.

on 12/15/2014 6:28:00 PM

This has become one of my staple products!

My skin is oily, dehydrated, sensitive and acne-prone. This exfoliator is gentle with no harsh scrubbing beads or particles. So far it has caused no adverse reactions on my skin. I do not use it everyday as I think it will be too much exfoliation but rather turn to it 2-3 times per week for days my skin feels more congested or when I want my following skin care to sink in better.

The packaging is convenient, just unscrew the cap and pour out the powder. The lid has 2 big holes for the powder to come out, but does not come with a sifter. However it is easy enough to control the amount that comes out. Next, add some water and rub between your hands and it foams up! Massage it over your face for a minute or so, sometimes I let the foam sit to really let the product work.

After rinsing it off, my skin feels smoother to the touch. Because of its exfoliating and anti-bacterial ingredients, I find that any new pimples that appear seem much smaller the next day after using this, especially when topped up with a spot treatment after. This may not be the case for the big cystic zits that take a long time to go away.

The price is expensive, but the current (and first) bottle that I have is still going after 1 year. So the pain of the initial investment is somewhat subdued when you divide the cost over the time this can last you. Overall it works out to be affordable.

I will definitely repurchase when I finish my bottle.

I've reviewed this product with some other masks I enjoy (especially applicable for acne-prone skin) on my beauty blog, should anyone be interested to read more.

on 11/23/2014 2:39:00 PM

If I had to chose one face cleanser/scub to use for the rest of my life, it would be this one. My skin is dry, but very sensitive and can get irritated by the rough Canadian winter winds and cold. I need a scrub that removes my dry skin but doesn't inflam or irritate it. This stuff is the answer.
You just need a quater-sized amount, add a little water to it to create a paste and scrub on wet skin. When the paste gets a little dry, add water and continue scrubbing. It has no scent and feels lovely. However, make sure you get ALL of it off, especially in the eyebrows seeing as it can dry quickly and get stuck on the hairs.
Please note that this product may not feel like it is doing any exfoliating. If you use drug store exfoliators, you may be used to large balls you can see/feel when scrubing. When you transition to this product, it make not feel like you're getting anything from it. This is because the scrubs with the large balls can take EVERYTHING off your face, living it so bare that it shines/actually squeeks. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. So please, stop using scrubs that do that....moving on....
The packaging sucks. It's hard to get the last little bit out. I usually cut my tubes in half to get the remains, but I can't with this product, so I usually have to throw out a use or two. When I'm THAT desperate for it. I'll use an exacto knife to cut a larger hole at the top.
All in all, this product is holy grail. I reccomend it for EVERY age group. My teenage cousin transformed her acne-prone skin after using this a few times a week. My 65 y/o mother looks 10 years younger after one use. My irritate, 21 y/o, hormonal acne irritated and red cheeks skin needs no make up because of this.

on 10/26/2014 11:58:00 AM

I use this after a night out or when I put thicker make up then usual. It's also great if I need a quick facial scrub. It's gentle on the skin yet it does the job. I really like this. It's easy to use as well. I think the packaging could be improved so the amount of powder dispensed is more controlled.

on 10/24/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gently exfoliates without having to scrub which can irritate my skin. I use it once or twice a week as my skin is quite dry and sensitive so I don't like to overdo it.

on 9/7/2014 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For as long as I can remember, I have been addicted to trying new skincare products and cosmetics. It's expensive, but super fun. What I can say with 100% confidence is that Microfoliant is stunningly superior. After years of trying products, it's clear I have a favorite. Microfoliant works magic on my acne prone skin...no breakouts, no dry/flaking...just soft, smoothness. Once you try it, you won't ever want to stop. It's that good.

on 8/26/2014 11:11:00 PM

I love this product. Amazing product. Really works. Removes everything, especially problem area nose. I use it daily and it keeps my nose squeaky clean. The container has two small openings, so you will not waste nor spill which is makes it smart packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not convinced this stuff isn't just that weird powdered soap you find in elementary school bathrooms. That is all.

I got the travel size as a free gift from ulta or I would never have tried it. $58 for the regular size is a pretty hefty price tag for an exfoliant but I would definitely say its worth it if you have the money! my nose is a problem area as far as dead skin and blackheads. just one use and it is so smooth and looks 10x better. I would say the normal size bottle would last quite a while. do not bring this product into the shower. use it when you wash your face in the sink. the steam will cause the powder in the bottle (its a powder that when mixed with water makes a paste) to congeal.