July 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty good product that works great on my feet :). I would not be able to use this as a regular deodorant in the warmer months.

Pros: Safe
Works for feet.
Inexpensive
Cons: Does not protect against odor on long warm days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I've had my stick for well over four years and it's still going strong. I've barely made a dent in it. This is probably because I never put it under running water. As soon as I step out of the shower, I coat my underarm area with this - anywhere from 40 to 60 strokes per arm. I've never found it to be irritating - in fact, since I've used this stuff - I haven't had the dreaded winter itch. You don't get that gunky, heavy coated feeling under your arms from this stuff like you would regular deodorant. It feels and smells like you have nothing on - minus the B.O. of course. My favorite things about this stuff is that it doesn't clash with my perfume because it smells like nothing and it has NEVER left white deodorant patches on my clothes from changing. I'm one of those girls who changes clothes about 3 times before settling on an outfit in the morning. No more tossing clothes in the washer to get deodorant off! Another big plus is it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients that you don't need or want in your body (you know - the ones that may or may not cause cancer depending on who you talk to). I swear by this stuff year around. I actually purchased another stick to give to my sis to try. Highly, highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I bought this on a whim after I realized I had forgotten my deodorant on vacation, and I am so glad I did! It is invisible, keeps me from getting smelly, and lasts forever. And it's cheap! Win!!!
It doesn't stop perspiration, but it stops the perspiration from being smelly which is what you want. The reason your body perspires is to cool itself off!
My only complain is that the packaging braks easily if you drop it. You can still use it fine even if the packaging is broken, though.
I never buy any other kind of deodorant now!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this recently, and it has not done anything for me. Maybe this is a different brand, I will have to check later once i get home but im sure it is. If not, I will take this down..

Im also not sure about the whole wet it first concept. I wet it first but all that went on my arm pits was water..I didnt drench it in water, but I let a small amount from my faucett run over it, and its not very good it you sweat a lot and you need refreshers during the day, because you have to wet it first. I smelt horrible the first time I wore this because I had nothing but water on my arm pits. I could actually smell myself stinking! I was so embarassed.. However I will keep trying it, and will update with anything else I see.. Perhaps im not doing it right? Please message me if im not!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mrscollins824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i bought this product based on the good reviews i saw and it was the next best thing to arm and hammer essentials. when i first bought this i thought it was amazing but after a few days of wearing this deodorant i ended up smelling terrible...instead of making me feel fresh it jus made the problem worse. all in all i will not be buying this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm amazed. It works. Howard Stern started raving about it, so my brother, who has never found a deodorant/antiperspirant that kept him dry, tried it and found that it kept him dry and stink-free. I picked one up last week. It keeps me as dry as a/d, and while I'd been having to reapply a/d by early evening because of odor, using Crystal I don't develop an odor, even in the summer heat. While I don't always feel dry, I didn't with a/d either.

Follow-up: while the Crystal stick doesn't keep me odor-free 100% of the time (like when I go for a walk when it's really hot outside), neither did the traditional deodorants/antiperspirants, including the "clinical strength" stuff that didn't really keep me dry anyway. In fact, the efficacy was quite similar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by kayhurricane25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this deodorant a try after commercial deodorants simply stopped working for me. Not sure if this was due to change in hormones, age or body chemistry?
I tried pretty much every single commercial deodorant and it was always the same story. They MAY work for a short period of time and then abruptly and without any warning whatsoever, FAIL! I decided to give Crystal when I came across it in the “natural” section of a local grocery store. IT IS AWESOME, AWESOME, AND AWESOME! No BO whatsoever! Yeah, it’s way different from other deodorants. No smell and must be applied while underarms are wet but it’s well worth the effort. I’ve never been a big fan of fragranced deodorants anyway. Nothing smells worse than a “powder-fresh” scent mixed with stank BO. Anyway, use scented lotions, soaps and perfumes on the rest of your body. I followed the advice of another reviewer and keep my Crystal in the shower so that I don’t forget to put it on before I get out and while my armpits are still wet.
Some people complain about the lack of wetness protection but this is not a problem for me. My armpits don’t get extremely sweaty. But Crystal keeps me confident in all situations from hugs to reaching over a coworker’s computer while in a tight cubicle. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ashleymonzon37

I never really write reviews but this product totally stands out to me! It's my first day using it and I am already convinced I will buy another. I've recently gone cruelty-free (whoo woo!) and this deodorant was one of the few that didn't perform animal testing. I run this under the water in the sink, tap off the excess water, and swipe across my pits (lol) until it's dry and then do the same for the other side. It has no scent which I thought was going to be kind of "blah" but it's not bad because it's natural, paraben, & aluminum free. I worked out this morning and it stayed on for my entire workout. I would totally recommend to anyone. it really doesn't leave you feeling wet under there like toms does! and there's a coupon on the website for $1 off :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this deodorant on again off again for over a year now -still the same bottle, by the way.
Pros:
!- Claims to be endorsed by the cancer society (!)

2- Prolonged use of aluminum free deodorant can help 'lighten' armpits. A lot of the times, the darkening is due to shaving & deodorants that block the bacteria from getting out. I wax, and use this, and my armpits have lightened significantly

3- Extremely cheap considering how long it lasts.

4 - Aluminum in deodorants is what causes the yellow underarm stains on clothing- so those go away

Cons:
1- if you're looking for a flowery/fruity/sparkly smell, this is not for you

2 - You don't feel dry.

This last factor is the only reason i go back to commercial deodorants sometimes, because I feel uncomfortable when my armpits are wet. Most days though, this deodorant is perfectly perfect. It is "high maintenance" as one reviewer said, but the pros are all things that are important to me, so I've committed to this as my basic deodorant for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

Ok, here's the thing with this deodorant - you have to keep your expectations in check. It's not a fancy, scented antiperspirant. This is not one of those deodorants you can use to get away with not showering that day. You are not going to smell like flowers or cookies or fruit if you use this! That was my mistake the first time I tried this. Basically all it does is keep bacteria in check - you are still going to sweat, and it doesn't last forever - but I find it does last all day, most of the time.

I came back to it not long ago because I had an itchy reaction to my go-to antiperspirant. (Itchy armpits - awkward!) I read up on this one and decided to give it another go, and I didn't really notice its effects at all at first. But I started to notice, on days where I forgot to wear it I definitely had some funky BO by the end of the day. It's been about a year using crystal deodorant (not necessarily this brand, and sometimes the liquid version) and I don't think I will go back. I find the liquid version is much easier to apply (and you can get scented versions if you like) but the solid crystal will last much longer and travels well. I just turn on the tap, dip the crystal in the water, turn off the tap, rub it on my clean underarm until it's not wet anymore, and then do the same on the other side, and I'm set for the day!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No