Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

4.3

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 12/29/2011 9:19:00 PM

Purchased this from health food store for extra moisture on body. It has really helped, especially on my legs and sides. Usually in winter I apply oil after shower, before drying off then apply thick lotion or cream afterward. With this product I don't need to moisturize after, it is enough on it's own. Has a slightly nutty aroma that diminishes shortly after application. Really like this oil and may try on face if needed. Update, just want to mention that after constant use this oil leaves a film in the tub/shower that is very difficult to remove. Also towels have taken on the nutty aroma of this oil and I just can't seem to get it out.

When I began my freshmen year in college two years ago, my beautiful skin began to gradually get a pimple here or there. Then by the end of the year the breakout was pretty bad, and yet I could still manage to cover the problem and nobody knew except me. It felt like I was wearing a mask and I tried ProActiv, Skin ID, and other drugstore products which were to harsh, dried my skin out (thus making my oil glands hit overdrive), and initiated more blemishes.

I finally gathered up enough courage to go to a dermatologist and expose the skin I once felt so proud of and esteemed from the constant compliments. She prescribed all forms of medications and antibiotics to battle the acne from within and on the surface. Nothing helped. Soooooo, I began to look at natural & organic products. I switched my shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and toner to natural oils. But what about a natural moisturizer? Look no further girls who have combination, oily skin prone to sudden breakouts! Grapeseed Oil, by AuraCacia, is not a "cure", but it sure does help tremendously cleanse your face, tone it, and provide necessary moisture that will keep your sebum production to a minimum.

I began using it just 3 DAYS ago and have already seen a significant change in my complexion, tone, and blemishes. Grapeseed oil has antioxidants and vitamin E which helps your face shed dead layers of skin and close pores, so oil won't become trapped and will help balance your skin on all sides. I know, using oil to combat oil? Really, it does work... if you've had the courage to try products with alcohol and harmful chemicals (in drugstore brands) then what do you have to lose trying something that is actually good for your skin and 100% NATURAL? I purchased this at Whole Foods for like $8 and this 4oz bottle will last me awhile. Do your skin a favor and it will favor you :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has done wonders for the tone, clarity, and softness of my facial skin. I have acne prone, oily skin and am on prescription retinoids. The retinoids made my skin irritated and dry and peeling, and other moisturizers could not combat that. But using GSO, all of that has changed and my skin is clear, soft, radiant, and glowing!

What I do is after I apply my retinoid at night, I massage in a pea sized drop of GSO on my face...the key is not to put too much or it will be too slick. Just enough to get a fine layer of moisture in. In the morning I just rinse my face off with warm water, and I look as if I just had a facial! I don't bother with washing and moisturizing again, just slap on sunscreen and my makeup and I'm out the door.

The real trick with GSO and I'm sure any other oils, is not to use so much...this has never broken me out, and GSO is so good for the skin, it's full of good fatty acids and micronutrients, as grapeseeds are full of nutrition (seeds after all, are meant to grow new plants).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a nice light oil that is less stickier than castor oil. I add a few drops to my bath water with an essential oil, and my skin feels really hydrated. I used it on my face after cleansing, but I didn't care for the use of the product on my face since my skin looks dull after using this. I like using grapeseed oil on my hair as well- it moisturizes my natural texture hair really well.

This review is for grapeseed oil in general, not this particular brand.
I LOVE grapeseed oil. Let me tell you guys, I have had breakouts and oily skin since I can remember and have tried EVERY single beauty product and/or acne wash on the shelves. Nothing worked for me. I started using all natural products, and my skin just started singing hallelujah. I use this to get all the dirt or makeup off my face at the end of each day, and to moisturize. I promise you, if you have large pores and oily skin like I do, you rub this into your skin for a few minutes, and you will feel the sebum plugs start to escape. This is so gross, but I massaged it into my skin for almost ten minutes once (my arms were so tired, haha) and so many plugs came out that it started to feel like an exfoliating oil....YUCK!! I had blackheads all around my face, and while I'll admit that it did make me purge, especially on my chin, it wasn't that big of a deal for me. I kept wondering why my chin was breaking out so badly, and then after my 5th or 6th huge pimple on my chin, I looked at the area closely and realized that almost all my blackheads were gone, and everything was just coming to the surface. It took me several weeks to start purging, and the damage really wasn't that bad. My ONLY complaint about grapeseed oil is that sometimes when I rub it all over my face before bed, the next morning my eyes sting slightly, like there's something in them. I hope people with oily skin will bite the bullet and just try this oil, or any oil for that matter. I have not used any soap or toner or moisturizer (except this oil) on my face in over a month, and I don't even experience but the occasional hormonal breakout anymore. People with oily acne prone skin I think can appreciate the fact that I haven't sudsed my face in that long. Any questions, please PM me, I hope it can work for you like it has for me.

on 11/7/2011 9:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm using this as makeup remover and it works like a dream. Does not cause breakout and doesn't feel oily.

I massage into my face for one minute to loosen makeup, wipe off with cotton pad and repeat. Feels clean and not oily at all. Love it.

on 10/26/2011 5:19:00 PM

*UPDATE* I used this as many here suggested but it didn't help me at all. It didn't sink in, just sat there and finally it caused blemishes which I don't get anymore so this was a major bust

OP:
Whoa, this stuff is heavy and greasy compared to my Trader Joes jojoba, which is the only oil with which I have to compare right now. This doesn't sink in on my face or body. Since I ave only been using this for a few weeks, I'm giving this a neutral rating but aside from liking the great non-spill cap, I'm not sure about this. If I break out or have a beautiful breakthrough with this I'll update but for right now the fact that it doesn't sink in my skin, but doesn't want to come off with cleanser is annoying.

on 10/5/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love the scent of this oil, so light and absorbs easily. Normalized my skin, pores are barely visible now and blemishes and acne are starting to clear up. Overall, second to the best product that I have ever used.

After a week of using grapeseed oil, it made my skin so utterly soft and supple that even my friends were noticing the huge diffference.

Thank you Lord for creating nature, this is god send product.

UPDATE: THIS OIL MAY ACT AS IF ITS THE BEST THING THAT YOU EVER USED IN THE BEGINNING, BUT AFTER PROLONGED USE IT PRODUCES WHITEHEADS AND TINY RED BUMPS

I NOW HATE THIS OIL SOOOO MUCH.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

For all of my life, my general skin concern was something like... dullness. Not really "dull" but generally I looked unhealthy. Recalling comments from my older sister like; "you need a tan or something. Or from friends on days of no makeup and makeup wear off such as; "Are you sick?" I generally blamed it on my olive skin, being of a yellowish beige leaving a green cast to my veins making me look permently like I'm about to pass out or puke. Bronzer was my best friend for life.

I had used glycolic acid and antioxidents but they did nothing to put life back into my skin (wonders for the texture though,) taken a heap of vitamins and wore a lot of tinted moisturizer. At the end of the day though, still looking like I need a nap and a bowl of soup.

Then one day, I was browsing MUA and saw the rave reviews on GSO. I was actually considering it for a breakout I was experiencing and had used Jojoba oil in the past and has since been my HG night moisturizer. (Skin so dry in the winter it cracked and bled.) I figured another natural oil would do no harm.

Not only did my breakout subside, but after two days now, my skin is:
Radient. Glowing. Gorgeous. I can't stop getting up and looking at my reflection. Even my dark circles look better.

I actually bought a huge bottle intened for cooking from my local health food store, a clunky glass thing but they didn't have a cosmetic version. I'm pretty sure its the same thing anyway ("100% pure cold pressed.)

*Routine; Post cleanse, remove my makeup and massage the GSO into my skin for about five minutes. I've witnessed grains on my fingers of dislodged clogs as other members have. Rinse with warm water and let my skin drink up the leftover residue. Wait 20 min or so and continue with my glycolic, eye cream and antioxident.

on 7/27/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Where has this been for the last few months of my life!!! After going through some stress my face has taken a beating. I initially went to whole foods looking for either almond or avocado oil for my skin. The grapeseed oil kinda jumped out at me so I gave it a try. I was love at first use. In no time it absorbed into my skin. After reading somewhere that it could be used a toner I gave it a try on my face that was already in full break out mode. Wonderful-that much I can say.

I make my own scrub using brown sugar and a few drops of olive oil and use the grapseed oil as a moisturizer and it is great. All of the breakouts cleared up in a matter of 2 days and my skin looks 100% better.