November 28, 2014 | 1843 users online

Powder - New York Color - Loose Face Powder - Translucent

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by emigyaru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using for three years; mainly based on the reasons that I was just starting out and wanted something cheap. This definitely does what it claims! I couldn't be more pleased - I only wear BB Cream and when I used the translucent powder to set it, it goes on smooth and doesn't cake. The oil control isn't all that amazing though, but that doesn't bother me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I just bought it and it has earned a place right next to my MAC and Chanel face powders - I have no real skin issues, but I try to keep the shininess to a minimum and it completely accomplishes that. Great stuff, especially considering the price, and trust me, I have a huge range of drug store and high end products. It does exactly what it promises it does. Anyone who complains about the packaging... well let's just say it does what it says it does, and the packaging is QUITE obvious in the store, so no one has anything to complain about! :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

THE WORST PACKAGING. A little shake will give you A LOT of product. I have trouble applying it without having powder fly everywhere. I also wish I kept the sponge to block the holes but I also found it useless and threw it out.
BUT it does it's job! Great for the price, it applies perfectly, and not as cakey as some of the other products I have from NYC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

Pretty good loose face powder
Absorbs oil and takes away shine from your face
Sets liquid foundation really well
No coverage from powder, it is a translucent colour (white)
Will re-purchase
Packaging is messy but can be manageable with effort
Large amount of product for a good price
Does not have a scent
Does not break me out

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Note: I only use this for light powdering, like xtra undereye to keep shadows from falling on my makeup or if I went overkill with the blush.

It's cheap, pretty good milled and color is nice. Even using it as a tester for different techniques (in place of my more expensive powders) it saves me loads of $$

Be careful with the packaging because it'll leave a huge mess!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I hate to bring down all the rave reviews BUT.... I don't like this stuff. It does nothing for me. It's too sheer and too white for my skin (even though it's translucent). I should have grabbed one with color in it or something. I think I may keep it on hand for setting my eyeshadow or concealer, but other than that I wouldn't use this as my all over face powder or setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good, cheap translucent face powder. I like that it's sheer coverage.
I only give this 4 lippies for two reasons. One, it settles into the fine lines on my face and accents them. It does not diffuse light to take away from fine lines. Two, the sponge applicator is useless. Youneed a good makeup brush for this.
Overall, I can recommend this as a good dirt cheap translucent powder which is remarkable for it's price range. It out performs many more expensive loose powders. I just can't recommend for dry mature skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bargainhunterx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the one in Naturally Beige. I was surprised when i saw how much product was really in it. I love this product, because it makes my skin matte. However, the packaging kinda sucks, and the pink sponge applicator included is useless. :( and It's not so great when my skin is dry, but, that's like any other powder. The coverage is very natural, but doesn't last too long. maybe a couple of hours.I got this on sale at target, for 2 bucks! I would DEF. recommend this to a friend who is looking for a cheap buy on a good loose powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by orthoRN

I wanted to love this. I tried it based on all the rave reviews. I loved it at first so much. It looks lovely on and truly mattifies. It must work for a lot of people. I had two problems with it though that took a little time to figure out. Over the past couple of weeks (I've been using the powder about a month now) I had noticed that out of nowhere my foundation has started looking a little orange. It didn't dawn on me until today that it's the powder, since it's the only thing different, I've been using the same kind of foundation for several years. So a) it oxidizes on me, and b) it has broken me out horribly! Big cystic lumps all over my chin and cheeks, totally weird for me. Big red lumpy zits that come to a head, and then leave a red mark for probably weeks to come. I just realized this morning that this is the only new thing in my routine, so I'm a little relieved to figure it out so I can just toss the powder and hopefully no new breakouts. I will update once I stop breaking out with the stoppage of the powder, so I can be sure about the connection. Acne-prones be very wary!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have been using this powder at times to set my mu and also to carry in a small container in my purse for touch ups. I find i use it mainly for the latter. I was a pro ma and was taught then to only use loose powder. while that can debated and i now feel truly depends on the powder and what you intend to use it for (to mattify, highlight, etc), I really think loose powder is best for on the go. It may seem counter intuitive as it may also seem messy or simply unwieldy for toting around. However, when on the go I don't want nor can always, get out a mirror for a touch up. I mainly use blotting papers but I like to keep a finely milled loose powder on hand to look more polished and this can be brushed on quickly without having to even use a mirror and worrying about what you look like(does anyone recall the recent pics of actress Nicole Kidman with splotches of powder on her nose and cheek?! as its its so sheer.

You must use a brush of your own and always tap off excess or you will be chalky but that's true for most powders in general. The shade is translucent and if applies minimally, I find that to be the true. I don't have a lot to say re. setting ability as I have not used it often enough that way to comment. However when I have used it to set I was pleased with how it looked and performed. The price is very, very reasonable for this amt of product.