New York Color Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Isopropyl Palmitate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].

on 7/24/2011 1:01:00 AM

I bought this mainly to set my makeup. Because my skin is rather dry, the majority of my face products are liquid and I needed a powder that would keep them from rubbing off during the day. So, after reading the largely positive reviews on MUA, I decided to go buy this one.
The packaging is okay. I don't carry this powder around anywhere so the fact that the cover simply slides down and does not latch/lock doesn't bother me. A plus is that the bottom half of the container is somewhat clear so you can see how much product is left. I was also aware from reading reviews that there are too many holes in the sifter, so when removing the sticker covering these holes, I only took it out a third of the way through, and I've had few problems with it dispensing too much product. That doesn't mean that it isn't messy though. When you shake the container to get the product out, the powder somehow ends up on the edges of the pot, so when you open the lid, the powder can fall out and make a mess.
Now, the actual product is pretty great. It isn't as smooth and silky as other powders I've tried, but it's still very smooth, fine and easy to blend. It's translucent, and doesn't leave a whitish cast over my make-up, nor does it dull any of the colours. It's great at mattifying your face and on summer days when you're feeling more "au naturale" you can just buff some of this stuff on your face to remove shine. Because it is translucent, this won't cover any imperfections. It's great at setting my makeup and making it last through a 9 hour work day, although an hour or so after lunch, I do get a bit of shine popping through. I'm debating getting the compact version of this powder to use for on-the-go touch-ups, but I will definitely repurchase this loose powder when I run out.

on 4/27/2011 8:54:00 PM

This accentuates all my wrinkles and pores, and settles into fine lines. Despite being 'translucent' it leaves dark streaks on my face. Points for its ability to suck up oil like nobody's business but otherwise is not a personal favorite.

on 3/18/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using for three years; mainly based on the reasons that I was just starting out and wanted something cheap. This definitely does what it claims! I couldn't be more pleased - I only wear BB Cream and when I used the translucent powder to set it, it goes on smooth and doesn't cake. The oil control isn't all that amazing though, but that doesn't bother me at all.

on 2/18/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! I just bought it and it has earned a place right next to my MAC and Chanel face powders - I have no real skin issues, but I try to keep the shininess to a minimum and it completely accomplishes that. Great stuff, especially considering the price, and trust me, I have a huge range of drug store and high end products. It does exactly what it promises it does. Anyone who complains about the packaging... well let's just say it does what it says it does, and the packaging is QUITE obvious in the store, so no one has anything to complain about! :-D

on 8/15/2010 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

THE WORST PACKAGING. A little shake will give you A LOT of product. I have trouble applying it without having powder fly everywhere. I also wish I kept the sponge to block the holes but I also found it useless and threw it out.
BUT it does it's job! Great for the price, it applies perfectly, and not as cakey as some of the other products I have from NYC.

on 8/14/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pretty good loose face powder
Absorbs oil and takes away shine from your face
Sets liquid foundation really well
No coverage from powder, it is a translucent colour (white)
Will re-purchase
Packaging is messy but can be manageable with effort
Large amount of product for a good price
Does not have a scent
Does not break me out

on 4/30/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Note: I only use this for light powdering, like xtra undereye to keep shadows from falling on my makeup or if I went overkill with the blush.

It's cheap, pretty good milled and color is nice. Even using it as a tester for different techniques (in place of my more expensive powders) it saves me loads of $$

Be careful with the packaging because it'll leave a huge mess!

on 3/16/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I hate to bring down all the rave reviews BUT.... I don't like this stuff. It does nothing for me. It's too sheer and too white for my skin (even though it's translucent). I should have grabbed one with color in it or something. I think I may keep it on hand for setting my eyeshadow or concealer, but other than that I wouldn't use this as my all over face powder or setting powder.

on 3/10/2010 6:16:00 AM

This is a good, cheap translucent face powder. I like that it's sheer coverage.
I only give this 4 lippies for two reasons. One, it settles into the fine lines on my face and accents them. It does not diffuse light to take away from fine lines. Two, the sponge applicator is useless. Youneed a good makeup brush for this.
Overall, I can recommend this as a good dirt cheap translucent powder which is remarkable for it's price range. It out performs many more expensive loose powders. I just can't recommend for dry mature skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the one in Naturally Beige. I was surprised when i saw how much product was really in it. I love this product, because it makes my skin matte. However, the packaging kinda sucks, and the pink sponge applicator included is useless. :( and It's not so great when my skin is dry, but, that's like any other powder. The coverage is very natural, but doesn't last too long. maybe a couple of hours.I got this on sale at target, for 2 bucks! I would DEF. recommend this to a friend who is looking for a cheap buy on a good loose powder.