April 18, 2014 | 1033 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by LoveMyGirls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product.

But the main reason I'm writing this is just to remind everyone who says they are purchasing off Ebay.... I totally get the "it's cheaper" aspect, but you have no idea how old the products are. & if you don't buy from an Avon rep, then your "money-back guarantee" from Avon does not exist. For everyone who had problems with this product or just didn't like it, you could've gotten your $$ back if you'd bought through a rep. Just an fyi.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually have excellent results with AHA products from Avon, but my skin hates these things. There are so many extracts in the ingredient list! If your skin can handle the various extracts, the AHA component is great. Otherwise, beware. Try their AHA serums instead as they're gentle yet effective (although pricier).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Already on my second jar-the retexturizing pads are amazing. they keep your pores clean and appear smaller, have had no breakouts of cystic acne since using and brightens my skin. I use them every third night and then apply retin a gel and my face starts shedding dead skin within a day keeping wrinkles at bay. My face is used to retinoids, glycolic acid and other aha/bha acids, so no redness or burning. HIghly recommended! will continue purchasing thru ebay.(much cheaper)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Me: 45, some fine lines and enlarged pores. Acne prone (still!) yet flaky/dry. Sensitive to fragrance.

I was so excited to find this - a fragrance free glycolic peel that will help shrink my pores! WHOOHOOO!!!

Within 4 - 5 days I started to break out. I decided to try & stick it out because some folks said this is normal in the first week.

By 2.5 weeks, I had some very painful cystic acne, as well as red pimples, and whiteheads.

Pores looked the same. However, the flaky skin was gone.

As soon as I stopped, my skin began to clear up.

Bummer - i'm still searching for my HG skin product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PoseyMadison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cut these peel pads and half and use them every night. It smooths out the skin. They are saturated in product and are very effective. They keep breakouts to a minimum, which is what I use them for to get rid of ace as well as residual marks on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

I ADORE this product!!! I use this every other night (Skinmedica - retinol complex on the off days). I will use this after I wash my face at night followed by my La Mer creme... I wake up with glowing skin!! Literally glowing. I was never an AVON type of consumer, but after using this which was in my moms avon collection, I am obsessed with the Clinical Line in Avon. Everything I have used from it has been wonderful.

TIP - Cut the pad in half! You really only need half the amount of product that is supplied on the full pad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the greatest for me. I did get some exfoliating effect but also some stinging some times. I also found it drying to my skin and that is most likely due to the alcohol in it. There are better aha products out there so i won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by xCM0SSx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 20 years old and I have extremely dry skin and very uneven skin. I thought I would give this a try. Unfortunately the first time I used these pads, they stung and burned my skin. But I thought I would just suck it up and use them for a week just to see if I would see any results. The only thing that had changed was ONE dark spot I had under my eyes had faded. I think i'll try these again maybe when I get a little older and when my skin isn't so sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. I am on my second jar of these pads. I am a 49 year old woman who smoked for a couple of decades, was a sun baby in the 80's, slept in her makeup forever, generally abused my skin in every way to tell the truth.
I had no expectations for these pads as I had resigned myself to wear medium to heavy foundation almost everyday (if I walked out of the house) for the rest of my life.
Well let me tell you, I went shopping yesterday with no base makeup on at all yesterday and you couldn't tell I didn't have any on. Seriously!

I use these every night and not every other night as directed. In the AM I use BHA pads (2%) and a moisturizer, then in the evening after I cleanse I use this pad and the avon clinical AHA lotion (which I need to review soon).

Peaches and cream baby, peaches and cream. Not a single new zit in the past month :-D

I have looked but I can't find the concentration of AHA in these pads. If anyone knows what it is please let me know. Thank you! I will continue to purchase these for my skin care regimen for as long as Avon makes them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by iamamanda

I am 26y/o and I have oily skin that is acne prone on my chin. I also get the occasional "monthly" blemish on my cheek or forehead.

I started using the retexturizing peel pads when I got a bad sunburn on my forehead which left my skin rough and dry, with noticeable fine lines, especially just above the outer corners of my eyebrows.

Within 3 weeks I noticed the lines fade significantly, and I noticed the texture of my skin become more smooth.

After about 6 weeks I noticed that my slightly darker acne scars had faded, and that breakouts on my chin seemed less severe. Other random occasional blemishes on my cheeks of forehead also seemed to heal faster, with less scarring or darkening of the skin.

I did experience an uncomfortable tingling for the first week, but it diminished over time. It was not painful, and did not cause any visible irritation. I used the product every 3-4 days at first because I do have sensitive skin. Now that my skin has adjusted I can use it as often as every other day if needed.

As far as I know this item has not been discontinued by Avon in the region that I live in (Western Pennsylvania) - as it is still available for order in the catalog (current campaign 26 - December 2010). I purchase large quantities when Avon does a BOGO or has it for an extremely discounted price (Right now $15.00/ea.)

Overall I am very happy with this product, and I've recommended it to 3 friends - all who have loved it and continue to order it as well. 2 friends noticed significant improvement of sun damage and fine lines from excessive tanning (they've both since stopped tanning). I hope Avon never discontinues it!