July 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by leiakrystine

I was first attracted to this lippie because it appeared red in the picture, but when I applied it on my slightly pigmented lips- it transformed into an elegant berry-rose color. Retro is really a beautiful color and compliments my olive skin tone nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this satin warm red lipstick. The only other red family I wear on my lips are sheer berry colors. Works for day and night. It flatters my NC35-45 tan skin tone. As I get older, my lip color choices get lighter. This color has worked for me for many years. My mother in law looks good in this also and she is very light skin with cool undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by CuriosityWasMerciless

This is a universally flattering color. Its MLBB for me - and I love the satin formula. I prefer to use this over a coat of lipbalm because without out it, it looks too dark and brown. Perfect choice if you want to experiment with reddish lips at work without worrying if you look like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MissChocoholic

I love this color and texture - it's very long lasting and very professional looking. At the same time, it's great for an evening look. It has just the right amount of red-brown and very wearable IMO. For reference, I have moderately fair Asian skintone - an NW25. This color also looks amazing with black-rimmed glasses...very sophisticated looking and great for interviews. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by HellzBelleMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the right red for me. I am Asian with olive skin and the red lipsticks that have blue in them always turn very pink fuchsia on me. Retro has some brown in it and is more of a warmer but neutral red. I am always on the lookout for more red lipsticks but I find myself coming back to Retro a lot. I also like to pair it over MAC's lip pencil in Plum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by brideie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my red lipstick. It is more subtle and flattering than Russian Red, Chili or Ruby Woo on me.
Retro has a smooth texture with good pigment coverage. It is neither too dry or too slick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my mac purchases today. I had gone in intending to purchase Chili (which I still want btw for a bolder lip) and swatched retro. Retro is a beautiful warm red, darker and more sedate than Chili. I'm not sure of the official shade description from mac but those aren't always accurate descriptions anyway. It's straight up red on me, no pink, no coral, etc. I'd probably go w/ brick red if I had to narrow it down to the exact tone I have pigmented lips and golden skintone. MAC C3 in studiofix powder, 1.5 (shell) in Chanel T.I.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Aji05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the coral cheeks and coral lips look (think Rhianna), so when i found this colour i was quite happy. I had previously been using Nars Taos blush with Stila Jo for my peachy/coral look but the lipstick was a bit pink. This MAC lipstick is definitely a better alternative. I have only used it a couple of times and so far, its ok. I'm a NC45.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This is a really pretty lipcolor. A nice brick shade that is perfect for fall/winter. It does seem like it bleeds some so def. use liner with it, and it feels drying as well so next time I wear it I will more than likely put some clear lipglass over it. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't think I'll wear it a whole lot, but worth being a B2M :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

i love this lipstick. it fits the online description pretty well on me, a dark pinky brown, almost a red brown, and it is very matte and classic looking, very veronica lake. it can be a bit drying, so i often top it off with clinique lip gloss in airkiss or put some rosebud salve under it. but the color is beautiful and matches my warm skintone very well. i actually think i like the color better than my HG, clinique's pink chocolate, but i don't like the texture as much, it's not as smooth and a little too dry.