October 1, 2014 | 1881 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Ahava - Mineral Hand Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this cream reminds me a lot in smell and texture of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. The fragrance is overwhelming, a little too strong for my taste. I am a person that suffers from eczema and all of my dermatologist recommends staying away from things containing fragrances, which this product clearly has yet is supposedly going to help "relieve" eczema. I don't think the product is horrible but its certainly not worth splurging $20 for a hand cream that gives your hands this rubbery feeling that many other drugstore hand cream does for less than half the price with a not so great fragrance. Overall, its an average hand cream, it does the job but for the price you would expect more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a certified hand cream junky -- and this is absolutely my favorite. A close second is the hemp hand cream from The Body Shop. The Ahava hand cream makes my hands feel silky and soft and I would wear the fragrance as a perfume if it was available. Love this! (It does need a flip lid, though.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by skinnie302

Nice lightweight hand cream. Keeps my hands soft and smooth while providing a floral scent. Not sure if this would work on super dry skin but for my hands it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

Great non-cloying scent, not sticky at all and fades into our skin quickly leaving velvety hands. Love this hand cream!

I would rather have a flip-lid on this, as it is more practical on hand creams, so you wont smear in the tube with cream. But everything else is top notch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I freaking love this hand cream. It smells so good but, soft. It works well make your hands feel like velvet!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

2013 edit - I must prefer L'occitane Shea Butter 20% handcream now and even though the smell on this is addicting, it doesn't soften my hands as much as it used to.
2010 - My friend went to Israel and bought this for me. She swears by this brand, the smell is so addicting. This much better than the body lotion. It's refreshing, incredibly moisturizing without being greasy. Isn't sticky. Immediately makes my parched skin more soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by juicynsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a little sample of this at Ulta. I personally am fine with the smell and it's really moisturizing. Makes my hands feel really soft. It is kind of pricey depending where you buy it, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product.. Normally I use Herbacin Hand Creme because of the Glycerine but this product has co-HG status... I love it. It smells lovely and I always get complements on it. I wish the price was cheaper but a little goes a long way. Luckly they make this product so you do not need the entire bottle to make your hands feel better. I will continue to buy and luckly I can usually find it at a chain discount store.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I'm pretty sure this product is the same one that is also listed as "Advanced Hand Cream" on the Ahava list. I couldn't figure out why this had so few reviews, whereas the other one as more than a hundred. Mine says Mineral Hand Cream.
This hand cream really is among the best I've ever used. I was fortunate enough to get this in a package as a gift many years ago, and I've continued to buy it or get it as gifts. I don't buy a lot of hand creams, but I try a lot of them on and I don't see any reason to buy another one other than this. For the price, it is an excellent value.
It absorbs very easily and quickly and gives the hands a silky texture almost right away. There is no greasiness whatsoever. It has a light scent, you can sort of smell the sea salt. It does an excellent job of moisturizing. If I put it on before bed, my hands are still moisturized and soft in the morning. It also seems to be excellent for cuticles and nails. Whenever I use it consistently I find that my cuticles are not dry and my nails grow quickly and strong.
I'm sure I will be using this product for years, and this as well as the wonderful foot cream makes me very enthusiastic about trying Ahava's products for the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best hand cream. This stuff sinks in immediately, is non-greasy and super moisturizing. I have extremely dry skin and this stuff is a god send. Makes hands silky smooth.