September 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - RV544 Tourmaline Ionic Hairdryer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sandrag

I LOVE this hairdryer. Not only does it take my mega thick hair only around 5 minutes to dry it, it seems to be working on preventing any new split ends and looks much shinier. I was skeptical about a dryer working so well but for those like myself who have mega-thick hair and always dread drying it, this is the answer. I almost look forward to it now. I have actually used 2 hairdryers at the same time before and this is almost an equivalent to that!! This is quite lightweight and I didn't consider it to be louder than my last hairdryer. GREAT. I purchased it at Ulta for around 25.00 (with coupon) plus tax. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by stripewhite

This hair dryer took forever to dry my hair and really did not impress me at all. Afterwards my hair was all stringy and not smooth at all.

I have long, thick hair so maybe I am in the minority but I hated this thing! I returned it. The price is great though, so if you are looking for a cheap hair dryer that does a half-ass job this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kellbelle85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This dryer dries my longish, straight, fine hair very quickly, and it's extremely lightweight. But it's loud and gets very hot -- keep it moving or it will fry your head. I've started using the warm setting just to save my scalp, even though it takes longer to dry on that setting. Overall, am satisfied with this, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a nice hairdryer--not earth shattering fabulous--but it's better than the old style hairdyers I've used. It's certainly much better than my old Conair that burned out after 4 years of sheer abuse. What I like: it's so light. What a difference. For this reason, I think it rates at least a "3". It also maintains a CONSISTENT temperature. Again, what a difference from a regular hair dryer. And frankly, it's quieter than my stylist's hairdryer at the salon. As for the Tourmaline/Ionic feature...who knows. I think the Ionic feature does seem to make my hair cuticle seal up better...the Tourmaline probably is what gives the unit its good temperature consistency. I have thin, processed, long hair that is prone to frizz and break. This most definately doesn't fry my hair like the hairdryers of yore. I got this after reading a comparison review at Good Housekeeping...they compared the Revlon Tourmaline to the T3. The Revlon beat the T3 in tests...and at 29 bucks compared to 200, I had to try it. Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good dryer -- definitely not a great one -- but certainly worth the 26 bucks I paid for it at Harmon. I'm seeing comments on the hair board about this breaking or catching fire, so I'm actually a little nervous when using this. But I've had it for about a month and it seems to be OK. I previously had a Conair that lasted about 5 or 6 years, but I think it was really starting to fry my hair. I was going to get the Conair Ionic, but it seemed a bit bulky. This dryer is very, very light and dries maybe a little faster than my old Conair. Does this dryer help straighten my hair faster or make my massive puffball of hair any less frizzy? Nuh-uh. But I doubt any dryer alone could. But it's light, easy to handle, not too noisy and gets the job done (of drying my hair fairly quickly) good enuff. I just hope it doesn't break too quickly or catch fire. I think next time I'll get one of the really good dryers. This one kinda looks and feels cheaply made -- the plastic looks cheap and rinky-dink -- it's really just not sturdy-looking at all (probably not the best thing for a good dryer). Edit to add: I used this a bunch of times and I always get good results (as long as I use my regular products), so I've come to the conclusion that this dryer is probably the best you're gonna get in this price range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

I was on sephora.com, poised to hit the button on a T3 Evolution, when I decided I'd rather spend the money on a piece of camera equipment. So with some guidance from the hair board, I ended up with this. I wasn't expecting $300 worth of performance, but it is great for the price ($26.99 at Harmon). I had two simple but very important requirements for my new dryer: that it be as light as possible (this is very, very light), and that it have a warm setting that is actually warm, not hot. (The hair around my face is quite a bit finer than the rest and takes a beating from the heat, so I need to baby it a bit.) I was pleasantly surprised here since my previous Revlon dryer (Ionic Ceramic -- the burgundy and silver one) was too-too hot. Even on warm, it would burn my ears and scalp if I wasn't super careful. I don't buy the faster-drying claims of this or any other tourmaline/ionic dryer. It takes me the usual 15-20 minutes to do my thick, collarbone-length, layered hair, which I think is reasonable, so no complaints there. There is no ability to turn the ions off, as there was with my previous dryer. That could be a problem for someone looking for a lot of extra volume, but it's not an issue for me. The dryer feels a little flimsy, so time will tell if it holds up. But after a couple of months, I feel like I have already gotten my money's worth. P.S. This comes with a concentrator attachment, which I use, and a diffuser, which I don't. The concentrator is easy to attach and remove -- it just slides on and off. With my previous dryer, it was always a struggle.
UPDATE 6/09: When the thermostat stopped working, as I knew it eventually would, I broke down and got the Evolution. It's in another league, really. I still think the Revlon is a nice compromise and worth its modest price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this hairdryer after reading raves on the hair board about it and I love it! The noise doesn't bother me. Maybe it's loud compared to others, I don't know, it's not a feature I care about in a hairdryer. I have straight hair which is a few inches past my shoulders. This dryer definitely reduced my drying time, and I find that styling my hair is easier, faster, and more successful than with my previous dryer. At this price, you really should try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by blairashley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I have long, fine hair. No curls to diffuse, no frizz to tame, just your basic flat/straight/thin hair. I HATE THIS DRYER. HATE. I look like I was caught behind the fan blades of a jet or something. The "high" setting is too powerful and the "low" setting is too weak. The "hot" heat setting is mild (NOT hot). Plus, it's louder than hell (but I am used to "quiet stylers"). I look bizarre today - second day in a row. My easy-to-style long locks are all bent & misshapen... Ponytails until I replace it! Will NEVER re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

Love this dryer! I have very thick, curly hair and this works great for either diffusing my curls (diffuser included!) or blowing out straight. Cuts my drying time by about a third. My only complaints: you have to hold down the cool shot button, and it could be a little quieter in a perfect world. But, for the price, this is a real gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely, positively love this blowdryer. I returned the T3 to Sephora (two reasons...one, it was setting off my smoke detector every morning when I used it, and two, it was just too expensive). Then I went to CVS.com and found this for 27.00 and change (with free shipping and five dollars off the order). It actually works BETTER than the T3. It gets hot but not horribly hot like the T3 did, and it has a bit more "blow" to it (or power). My hair looks amazing, and I am about 270.00 richer. My only improvement would be to make the cord a bit longer, but that is such a small deal considering how great it is and how cheap it is. Highly recommend!!!!