August 31, 2014 | 979 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Ambercchino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this one in 711 Black Magic / Magie noire. Pigment is great if I don't blend. When I am trying to blend, they are really really really difficult to work with. It does not give the smooth creamy shimmer color as other cream eyeshadow does. They crease on my lid very quick. Even with primer and pressed color shadow, they crease within half an hour after I applied. I cannot find anything good about it except the package is not bad. It is expensive and it's a completely waste of money. Absolutely the worst eyeshadow I have ever tried so far! No way I am wasting money on this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bananababe0217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had this in Precious Metals, and I've had this quad for at least a couple of years. I found it stashed at the bottom of my eyeshadow palettes (that should have been enough of a warning) and decided to try them out for a week. I just couldn't get them to work. The colors are beautiful, and they really do make powder shadows looks fantastic (the burgundy shade did wonderous things to that interesting eyelid color in the WnW Petal Pusher palette), but they crease like crazy. I tried them without primer and worn alone, with primer, with primer and with powder shadow packed on top. Nothing could keep these from creasing, even though I never put them in my crease. They're just too creamy. I tried applying with a lighter hand, but then I was just left with patches of glitter and the powder that I tried to put on top would clump up. Not attractive. I really wouldn't recommend these to anyone, they come in gorgeous colors but it's not worth it if they're going to crease up after half an hour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the rich feel and gorgeous finish of all these shadows. Each one I own applies and blends like a dream and has a simply beautiful luminous finish that truly does light up one's eyes. As for the shades, the quads I own (as with the Revlon Colorstay, some were bought in India and others in US:)
-Moonlit Jewels: I love this one on my skintone. It has a warm toned coppery brown, a light golden brown, a slightly aqua-toned green and a royal blue. All four are just divine on Indian skin, truly beautiful.
-Not Just Nudes: Very pretty for such basic neutral shades. It has a dark shimmery brown, a semi-matte medium brown, a shimmery golden brown (a bit lighter than Moonlit Jewels') and a semi matte cream. Medium and darker skins may make the cream a bit too light but the other shades are very pretty and versatile.
-Precious Metals: Another nice neutral quad with a metallic twist, a bit edgier than Not Just Nudes. Has a silver, a gold, a copper and a rose-gold that should work on any skin tone. Very versatile and pretty, I love the luminous glowy look these have.
-Va Va Va Bloom: Pretty two-shade plum, mauve and peach quad, goes fairly well with my skin tone but runs a bit cool toned. Would be lovely on anyone with cool undertones.
-Endless Summer: Purchased in US, was a new (non-LE IIRC) quad for summer 2011, has a baby blue, sage green, coral and canary shade. I love the sage color, the rest I can take or leave. Coral is quite bright & tricky to pull off, and the blue & canary are a bit light for me. Still great shadow quality.

Just a warning/reminder though: Remember cream shadows (of any brand) don't have the staying power of powder. Primer & occasional touch-ups will be necessary, especially if you have a long day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really luv these quads and im sure ive either reviewed a particular quad or in general once before but either way- i own a few and love them all!!!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- these quads are readily available in most drugstores since Revlon is almost everywhere as well as Walmart & target, depending on your area & stores. Price will also vary depending on where you purchase them & area. ive seen them priced anywhere from $4 to $7 so its a noticeable difference. Ive also have found a few shades on sale at 5 Below stores...I have purchased all mine on sales so I have not paid full price. Im not sure theyre worth more than $7 for thats be over $2 a cream shadow so it can lean more expensive for drugstore
SHADE/FORMULA- i have a few quads & all the ones I own are neutral, but they do have more vivid bright colors available. i tend to wear neutral shadows so i like neutral bases for most looks. They make great cream shadows for bases for powder eyeshadows to grab to. they arent too creamy nor too thick. its a great medium. they arent waxy like some ive tried. they have a quad or shadow for basically any color you want to put on top. you can match up shadows like the base used or try different finishes and colors to bring out different undertones for many looks. The main tip I can give it to use your finger or synthetic brush to apply these to eye area and only use a very thin layer. its always easier to build up that try to take it away. i use my fingers to apply these single the warmth helps them to blend a bit easier onto skin. also make sure to blend out edges & any areas you feel have too much product for shadows will cake & crease easy in those areas! i have not experience creasing unless ive used too much cream. I have normal lids. i find these will work for everyone to provide a colored base that is slightly creamy for powder shadows to stick and stay on. this cream shadow will provide a layer between oil production that makes creasing and fading happen. these make excellent bases. they have a great consistency that allows them to dry almost to a slight powder finish. they dont move once you set them. if you dont want to use any colored powder shadows on top or want the look made with these cream shadows, id suggest topping or using a light layer of your face powder- the powder will set these from moving or creasing or fading. ive done it this way & its so pretty. these stay on as bases for over 8 hours. all quads have 4 coordinating shadows but with each have 4 different finishes. some of the shadows are matte creams, while some are satin and some more metallic finishes. none of the metallic looking shadows have glitter chunks. appropriate for everyone. i love that they give you a choice of finish! so check the colors & finishes to see which ones you like. its a great variety! can you believe there is matte cream bases in the drugstore!!! ive had some for almost 2 years now and they have not dried up or cracked and all are still creamy and smooth to apply! which is great.
PACKAGING- these are rectangular hard plastic compacts that are shiny black in color. they come with a snap open or close lid. in newer versions the cream shadows have a bubbled up look that allows you to see the individual shadow color inside as well as a great full sized mirror inside. the older versions do not have a mirror. you get four cream shadows all the same size which are a little bigger than a nickel. not a whole lot of product but a decent amount. i like that its not a whole bunch for you get 4 different colors that you can use for awhile but im not worried that i have so much to get through before they end up drying out & changing in consistency. the pans arent as deep as the compact. i love the mirror you get for its as big as the lid. great for applying these on the go. they are slim and compact & sturdy for traveling. its great for theres so many different quads for any look but even if you only have 1 theres 4 coordinating colors for any look you want to achieve. different finishes in a little compact! these are small enough to fit in travel makeup bags. mine withstood rough handling through airports & cruises slamming my suitcase around. i have not had any break or crack on me yet. the compact keeps the shadows from drying!
overall these cream illuminance quads are great! they are affordable and mutipurpose for cream shadows. they are great for beginners or makeup collectors alike. i suggest everyone try at least of the quads. you get 4 shadows which means 100s of different looks- i have also seen people use particular shadows as highlighters for their face. i have not had any breakouts or zits pop up & i have sensitive skin. i own a few and plan on picking up as many as i can. i want to get through one though soon but i am a cream shadow/base hoarder so i have so many opened that i need to use but since i only need a thin layer or amount each day- it will take forever to get through them. some of the shadows are so beautiful and unique and im obsessed with alot of them!
try them! make sure you use a thin layer- esp if you think these crease or fade like crazy- it may help with that! blend and pat and top with powder!!! love these! forever will and hope they continue to come out with new quads with many more gorgeous colors!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Eop234

I have this quad in 714 Eternal Summer. I originally purchased it just for the orange color, because I needed it for Halloween. I was pleasantly surprised with how pigmented every shade was.

The only downside is massive creasing. Even after using primer potion and setting it with translucent powder, I found that it creased.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Sweetbre3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the nude colors im not sure what the name is. I really like these, although im not crazy about all the colors there's two in the nude palette i just can't seem to go a day with out using them. Weather it be for work by themselves(makes my eyes look brighter and less dead BIG plus) Their easy to apply, use your fingers. They add more color to my eyeshadows. BUT i do wish they had a longer staying power and the texture would be better if it wasn't so thin..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Skinlights and Black Magic, and I have to say, these are really good! The colors are true to their pigments, and though they crease, they rub on very nicely and gently, no pulling or stretching. One of the best cream shadows I've bought! One of the reasons I love these are because of the selection of color; there's everything from blues to greens to reds to yellows to bright gold and shiny silver! I can find any color for any occasion. I wish they'd sell these in singles, though, because I love some colors while others... not so much. Buy them if you will, but be careful, because they DO crease, so use a base. I don't mind the creasing, it's not that bad. All in all, amazing product!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, like many others picked up these cream shadows because the colors looked super nice. The first time I tried to use the shadows, they were sticky on my lid and made my eyelid basically stick to my crease. I then tried applying powder on my lid before I applied the cream shadow, and that was even more of a disaster (think gum).

I figured that maybe I could use them as a base, but the color pay off is minimal to non-existent, not to mention that ALL of my eye shadows wouldn't blend at all over these things.

Needless to say, I've since thrown them out and will never be using Revlon's cream shadows again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jancam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Not Just Nudes because the color palette was so nice and flattering and I figured it would be my go-to daily eye shadow. Unfortunately it's hard to blend unless you have the right brush and then a few hours later it creased like mad. Grrr. I returned it to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by theravenwine

These crease like crazy on me and they run like mad too. It's such a pity because the colours are so pretty. I have the quad in Seashells and I hardly use it. I have not tried it over an eye primer but I believe it will most probably still crease with a primer. Very disappointed with this product, because I have had pretty good experiences with Revlon products in the past