NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 11/4/2014 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this daily as my highlight and really like it. I can understand others' complaints that it pulls a bit yellow, but as my skin has slightly warm undertones it looks fine on me. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush to apply this as it often get a little 'everywhere' in the morning, but it just takes a second to buff out the edges to a lovely finish. My best method thus far is to use half of a stipple brush to sweep it on strategically, but I'm sure there are brushes made for this that might serve the purpose better.

Pros:
* natural finish
* great glowy quality
* smooth application
* blendable
* a little goes a long way

Cons:
* can be a bit yellow
* best if applied carefully

on 10/23/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great gold toned highlighter. I gave mine to a friend because I wasn't really using it. On occasion I would mix it with my pink blushes to make them look more like NARS Orgasm, but then I got wise and just bought the darn Orgasm blush.

EPIC! Best highlighter out there by far for all skin tones!

on 10/9/2014 11:29:00 PM

Pretty disappointed with this highlighter. I wear C2 in FNB foundation for MAC. I'm asian with light-medium skin and this looks way too yellow on me. It looked promising from the reviews but when I tried it out, it was this yellowy shimmery mess. It would probably look better on tanned skin or less yellow complexions.

on 9/25/2014 4:02:00 PM

From looking at the package, it looks like it would be chalky, very pale, super yellow, and not very flattering. In reality, it's beautiful.

A light dusting on a small brush (it's easy to use too much on a big brush, since it's pretty pigmented) just gives a little golden glow, not overly shimmery. It's even okay during the day if you're careful about not using too much, and is completely magical for dramatic evening makeup.

on 9/12/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

1. Luxurious! It feels velvety smooth in the compact and wait til you swatch it!
2. Great highlighter - it looks fab on my golden complexion thus far though l still am getting my hands on MAC's Global Glow
3. Pricey and worth it though you probably will get same results with a cheaper version as long as a good quality brush is used.
Love!

on 9/9/2014 12:31:00 AM

I'm a MAC NC25 and this looks too yellow on my skin, making it very unnatural. It's very shimmery also, do not recommend if you're looking for a "subtle" look. It's very heavy and if you don't have good or almost perfect skin it will show all your imperfections. I'm still on the quest for the perfect most natural highlighter...:(

on 9/8/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Real talk. When I use this highlighter, angels sing, cherubs drop petals, unicorns whinny in appreciation.

It gives my skin a beautiful glow and just gives me that vibrancy that my world-weary, beat down body is unable to produce on its own.

Every single time I wear this, I get compliments that I look great. They never know it's the highlighter, but it's always just "something's different."

on 8/30/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Albatross is lovee, whilst I gear towards more champagne hued highlighters - I love the glowy and golden shimmer Albatross has to offer. This shade is universal and would work on a broad range of skin tones which I find a major plus. One con is the price and the rubberish packaging which becomes so prone to collecting dirt and makeup. But I would definitely recommend this, I use this in rotation.

on 8/14/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Luxury in a compact!! This is soooo amazing. I wanted something extra special as a pick-me-up after a hard day, so I got Albatross from Sephora because my father offered to to buy me something nice anyways back to the product but I had been on a FB group that always mentions dupes & they said that elf has 1 called "Gotta Glow" & as seeing that I could never find it in ANY stores in my vast amounts of traveling, I didn't want to buy fifty bucks or w/e worth of elf to get the free shipping & I wasn't gonna fork out 5 or ten bucks for shipping a $3 item, I decided to go put that money towards a more quality product of course (cue: Nars!!). I've never been disappointed in any Nars products not that I can afford many, but I am so glad I skipped all the BS & got the real deal. This looks scary & useless in the compact but u put it on & it turns this lovely pearl golden glow. Simply amazing! I am truly wowed. None of my other hi-liters even come close to how awesome this is. I will def repurchase & it makes me wanna buy some more Nars! I am a convert! Albeit a broke 1. But I will wear this evday, I am not breaking it out 4 special ocassions, life is a gift so evday is a special ocassion! If they could package the glowy radiating look of health into a powder, albatross is what it is!

Top Rated NARS Products