September 18, 2014 | 1388 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG highlighter for when I want that 'oomph' to my look. This is extremely flattering on me (for reference, I am NC30, MUFE HD 123, Kat Von D Lockit 52) and I always get compliments when I have this on.

It's very golden and shimmery and it is the PERFECT highlighter for a special occasion, a night out, a date, etc. I do not use this as an everyday highlighter (I prefer NYX Mosaic powder for an everyday subtle glow), but I would say that is doable if that's your cup of tea. I think the shimmer and gold fits better for a more dramatic look instead of an everyday, but that's just me!

The only downside is the price. Ummm... $30?! That's really pricey for a mere highlighter, IMHO, so one lippie down for that. I luckily got this for half the price from a friend who bought it and didn't like it.

I'm unsure if I would be repurchasing if I ever ran out for full retail price. I tried some dupes for a fraction of the price (Sephora Luminizer in Stardust $14, ELF Gotta Glow $3) and they worked just as well. However, NARS seem to be more finely milled (better for my dry skin) and a pinch more golden than the two dupes. I have yet to decide if I would repurchase this instead of a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

So first let me start by saying, I am one of those people that absolutely loves highlighters, so I went out and bought several but I have to say this one was the best. It gives you that perfect dewy look. Most highlighters I've tried have eithers been too much or too little but this one is the perfect amount. It seems pricey but I've had it since may and I have a ton left. Also I've heard a lot about how this doesn't look good with most skin tones, which I would have to disagree. I think it could compliment any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

This highlighter was recommended to me by a Sephora sales associate because I said I have oily skin. It is absolutely perfect. I use a fan brush and dab it into the product, then sweep it over my cheekbones for a wonderful glow. I have been complimented so many times on my healthy glow when I am wearing this. It is pricey, but one hundred percent worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I cannot believe that I hadn't even looked into this highlighter. I love NARS blushes and own most of them, but never bothered to look at Albatross...HUGE mistake! I was at Sephora when I was looking at the blushes and saw this one and of course had heard so much about it here on MUA so I tried it on and I was hooked. My hubby bought it for me and I have been in love with it ever since...I was using a MAC highlighter, but now it's all about my lovely Albatross! It gives me a gorgeous natural looking glow. It's not glittery at all and it looks amazing on my GGG skin! If you haven't tried this one...go and try it, I can't imagine this not looking good on anyone, but I am happy it works for me! My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner, man was I missing out on something! Love, love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I avoided this for so long because of the colour in the pan. I have a yellow skin tone and thought this would be stark white and make me look like a glowing alien. Plus, I own a few NARS blushes and I can't say I'm crazy about them or anything.

Being a bit obsessed with highlighters though - I finally tried it on the back of my hand last month and was stunned - it's SO smooth and beautiful!! So I bought it right away, and couldn't wait to wear it. It looks white but comes off on my skin a very pale golden yellow pearlescent shimmer once blended, no big tacky glitter. The texture is buttery soft, not gritty at all. Applies so easily and is very pigmented so apply with a light hand and build it up if needed. I love that it didn't erase all my blush or foundation and didn't get patchy, it just meshed with my skin unbelievably well and looked flawless. Even hours later it's still there. I use this daily now, just a tiny bit on the top of my cheekbones or brow bone underneath some setting powder, for a more subtle sheen. This looks so natural, soft and pretty on my skin, it's now my HG highlighting powder and I'm annoyed I waited this long to try it out. I can't recommend this highly enough!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I dislike about this product is the matte rubbery packaging. It's good quality but it gets dirty really fast. As for the product, it's a bright satin white with golden undertones. It's absolutely gorgeous and my most favourite face highlighter. The powder lasts forever as well so it's priced really well as I only have to buy it about once a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I loved this but now I don't anymore. I really hate the sheen this gives me. I love the healthy golden glow, but this one seems to make me look sick. I just got TheBalm Mary Lou-manizer and that one def gives a nice healthy glow. I'm about to hit pan on this and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Biutifly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW, I look flawless!!! I can't stop looking in the mirror, I glow and I look so young, well younger :-) I also wear Orgasm blush and the combo looks amazing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

First time out the gate using this product I was not very sucessful and banished it to the back of my drawer. That two years ago. Now that I'm much more educated in the art of make-up application I decided to use this the other day. What a huge difference self-education can do. First off one cannot be heavy handed with this as its very pigmented. I apply it along my cheekbones before I use my setting powder to kinda give it that diffused look. What a huge difference it makes. I use my Ecotools kabuki brush to apply. Now that it is heading into fall I definitely plan on ultilizing more often to give me that glow to brighten up the gloomy days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by AmberValentijn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this highlighter, allthough it's very visible on the skin. If you're looking for an subtle highlighter, I don't think you would really like Albatross. On the other hand; if you're looking for an extroardinary glow and highlighter that will really create those Kim Kardashian cheekbones, Albatross is perfect for you! It's golden/yellow tones are perfect for any skintype, allthough I think this highlighter is even more beautifull on a olive/caramel skin tone! This really is my alltime favourite highlighter.

I like to use it on my cheekbones, inner corner of my eyes and right underneath my brows, to create that celebrity glam look! Look no further, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't like Albatross.

It's too bad NARS is very expensive here in Europe and unfortunatly not in stores available in Holland. So every time I'm in a city like Paris I buy myself some Nars luxury goodies :).

This highlighter is perfect for:
-Someone who really likes a polished/golden look.
-Someone who likes a visible highlighter.

This highlighter is not so perfect for:
-Someone who's just looking for a very subtle highlighter.
-Someone who likes more silver-looking highlighter instead of gold

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No