August 27, 2014 | 1742 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - 115 African Queen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just got this after reading an article on MUG about using this over NYX's Deep Red lip pencil....I am hooked...Super creamy and pigmented...such a beautiful color...will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by shamimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this color because I like to add lipgloss to my lipstick. I bought a pink lipstick close to this shade first and later saw this at the store and hesitated on trying it but later caved it was sooo pretty. The color has a blue undertone almost psychadelic looking with hint of purple. This was gorgeous color on me with dark skin and I kept getting compliment after compliment. The lip gloss itself was not sticky or too thick even with the lipstick. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is a really pretty color! Its buildable and has a very interesting color which is like a pink/purple duochrome. It looks just fuchsia on my lips, though. I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because the flavor of this is exactly like children's Benadryl and the doe foot brush is rather big and hard. This is my first gloss by NYX and so far I like it! I don't think I will repurchase this shade, but I might buy other shades in the future. I'm not a huge lipgloss person (I prefer lipstick much more).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very flattering color if you keep a neutral face. Otherwise you might look a little clownish:) This color really makes my teeth super WHITE which I love and its fairly buildable. I would buy this again if i run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could not wait to get this in the mail I heard great things about NYX lipglosses and I loved the swatches I am soo in love with this lipgloss. It's a purple/fuscia color with blue tint, the blue tint shows up pretty well especially when the sun is hitting it, I got many compliments on it, its buildable, mixes well with other lipglosses, not sticky, lasts a long time, and its just great. I wore it when I went to a hair store and I got 3 other people to buy the color. I got many compliments on this lipgloss and having this lipgloss in your possession is like killing a whole bunch of birds with one stone. Why not buy a cheap lipgloss that does MAC's job? I will def repurchase and buy this for friends and family members for the holidays

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mamaoftwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color. Did a nude eye and wore this today to work to make me feel happy. It is a happy color. I don't think this is too much for the day, but you can definitely layer this color to make it pop more than I did today. I also plan to layer this over a fuschia lipstick I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, this lip gloss is absolute perfection...the fuchsia color is rich and deep with iridescent blue under tones. I adore everything about this gloss! It can be worn on top of my favorite lippie or on it's own and still retains it's lush drama. This shade is sex appeal in a tube....meow!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by SassynKlassy

This is a great fuschia color for carker skintones. It has a blue understone and can be applied very sheer or built up for a nice after 5 look. I bought this at Ulta for around $6, but they frequently have buy 1 and one 50% off sales so please be sure to check that out. I love this gloss because it is not sticky like MAC Lipglass. It is very glossy (not too thin or thick) and it has a wonderful vanilla smell to it. This was my first nyx lipgloss purchased and I couldn't complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by iHEARTthat650

i own quite a few of these mega shine lip glosses and i looove them and this shade is so pretty. it's a nice fushia with blue shimmers, but on my lips i don't see the shimmers. this is my go-to bold lip color. with my skin color, i feel like i can't really pull off bold red lip colors, so this color is my perfect alternative. the color is easy to build up or sheer down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the color of this--it has an undertone of blue shimmer in a straight magenta gloss. You can dab it on w/ the the doe-foot applicator wand and get sheer color, but it easily builds to full opacity.

As far as glosses go, I personally do not find this line of l/g overly sticky or greasy. Many a significant other might disagree on that though when leaned-in on for a kiss.
continued >>