November 26, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lip Treatments - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lip Plump

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ugh. Coats your lips in a very weird goo of concealor-like stuff. Very odd product, can't think how it can work. Got this years ago, but never got beyond the 1st try.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so first, 3 out of 5 lippies, cause I just tried it today!

SECONDLY.....good God people, THIS IS NOT A PLUMPER!!!
Stop thinking it is, ask questions before you buy a product and you wont be so disappointed.

It works as a primer or concealer of redness on your lips, so that when you buy a lipstick or gloww, it will go on your lips in the same shade it was meant to be. I have red Angelina Jolie lips (not what it's cracked up to be) and I think this product is a God-sent, cause I cannot do a nude lip to save my soul. Everything comes out red, red, red!

Try it for the purpose it's meant for and you'll like it! ps: let it dry first before putting on a lipstick and/or gloss.

UPDATE: December 18th/2011: stopped using it cause it shows off every flake on your lips. yuck

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by misskittycharms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

stupid.
i work for benefit and the only time i would show this to anyone is if they asked! works well to erase the lip colour though it doesn't even plump as far as i can tell & is quite tacky.
oh well, came in handy when a girl asked me for assistance in zombie makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by trishmaggieful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this product from sephora.com and I couldnt wait to try it. My lips are naturally really red, it looks like I just had cherry kool aid; the redness shows through pretty much every lipstick and lipgloss Ive ever tried- I have a hard time!! I love lip plump! For the first time I can wear sheer, shimmery lipsticks and glosses and the red doesnt show through...I can line my lips and put a gloss on and I have a nude lip!!!
I bought the product hoping to blank out my lips, and make them look smoother. I cant really tell much if it has 'plumped' them much but if it does, for me its just a bonus! (There are ways to fake full lips by putting shimmer/lighter gloss in the middle of your bottom lip, etc) It was between lip plump and lip spackle by laura geller, but sephora must not be carrying her line anymore because there was only foundation. I was scared to try another lip product because I was afraid I would be disappointed, but I am very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ellievl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This with a sheer pink lipgloss over the top is perfection on my lips. Absolutely love this primer and will continue to buy it, use it and love it. And despite the negative reviews that claim otherwise I feel like it does plump my lips a little bit, so that's good too I guess!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by bluebear8812

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip primer. It really nudes your lips and helps to make your lipstick last much longer. With this on my lips, my lipstick lasts for several hours and can even last through eating. I also think that it gives the illusion of fuller lips when you apply this on and then lip liner. Its not meant to be a traditional lip plumper however. This is probably why it has so many negative reviews. I still love it though and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ShellyBooPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite all the negative reviews, I really like this product. I have very full lips naturally (think Angelina) but they have deep grooves. When I apply this it fills the lines in, a bit like polyfiller I guess, so when I apply lipstick over the top my lips look a lot smoother, reflecting light better, thus making my lips look plumper and younger. I find it's an excellent primer as well. It makes my lipstick more vivid - true to the shade in the tube, and gives it much more staying power. I have a plumper looking pout and better results using this, than say Too Faced Lip Injection which did nothing more for me than tingle and make my lips look a little red. At the end of the day, I do really think it depends on what kind of lips you've got to start with for which products will give you the best results you're after.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jlontheranch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a lip plumper at all....its just a primer. I'm pretty disappointed I paid $20 for this and my face concealer could have done a better job. TIP: I would recommend exfoliating lips before applying...it's extemely drying!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Worthless product plain and simple. I got a mini Lip Plump in a kit from Benefit a couple years ago and only now realize what that stuff was for. From what i remember it was just a nude gunky product, and it suprises me that it is being sold as a lip plumper..? I had thought it was just a primer for your lips. It absolutely did NOT plump my lips whatsoever. For plumping my all time favorite remains Bare Escentuals' BUXOM Lip Glosses. Get yourself one of those! They are AMAZING! Now THAT is a real lip plumper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by katelin_inline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used it and run out ... I miss it badly.
This concealer does really help my lips more plump BUT you need to understand that it just a concealer with pepermint that stinged your lips ,so I don't think you will have a gigantic PLUMP like lip venom , lip augmentation .

overall , I'm so happy with the result ,I do see the effect that my lips swelling ,more border ,

I use it with creamy lipstic like Bobbibrown , Estee lauder .Those can make a super -cpmbination lip plumping effect !

I use it as a concealer before I use the light color lipstick also.

It stay on my lips through the night even after meal. But you need to avoid greasy meal ( full with oil) because oil will melt the lip plump

It also help the lipstick stay longer on my lips.

I think with this stuff you should not use it with any lipgloss, or liquid lipstick because the fluid can not go well with the creamy fondation(benefit lip plump) underneath.

The package is ok ,easy to use but lip plump dry very easy.