Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.9

on 7/7/2009 5:10:00 PM

It's ok for a fine line, but the tip is a bit hairy, i.e. bristles poke out on all sides. Also, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but boy does this itch/sting/hurt when i tightline or do my waterline with this. A flat brush like NARS smudge brush is more comfortable for this. So its ok, not great. There are likely better bent eyeliner brushes out there.

on 6/22/2009 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this brush. Itīs perfect for lining my upper eye lid. The quality is good and itīs not that expensive.

on 6/22/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome brush, its my favourite eyeline brush. Makes lining a breeze. You can choose to point the arc down or up, depending on your comfort. Has held up well so far for the past year. I use it with BB and Smashbox gel liner. (Sidenote: Don't like the Smashbox gel liner tho, its too dry.)

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

on 3/29/2009 5:36:00 PM

Love this brush. Very easy to use especially for those of us with a not so steady hand. All you do is put it to your eye and move it ;-) I didn't love the jet set liner so much because it irritated my eyes (i have very very sensitive eyes) but this brush came with it so I kept them both just for the brush !

on 3/16/2009 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush. This is probably one of my top brushes that is a MUST have. I use this to apply my MAC fluidline blacktrack and my first time using this I was amazed on how it naturally glided across my eyelid! The arched form of the brush is definitely a plus, it gives you that control when applying your eyeliner. I have tried switching to the regular straight fine tip eyeliner brush to see the difference and I prefer using this arched wayyy better <333

on 2/16/2009 8:34:00 PM

I bought this as part of the Masters Eye kit something or another. I was so disappointed. Not only were the bristles too flimsy and long, they also fell out after a couple of washes. I was not harsh with them, I take care of my brushes. For a name like Smashbox they really let me down on this one.

I like this brush but I'm not in love with it. It works really well for applying cream eyeliner with great precision, I love how it's arched and everything - but it tends to get some strayaways (mine is brand new and already has stray brush hairs putting eyeliner in placed where it shouldn't). I will probably keep using it but I wouldn't buy it again.

Edit: OK, I'm adding one lippie - it kinda grew on me... ;)

on 1/17/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this with a Smashbox eye kit a couple of years ago and never used it. I was going through my brush stash and rediscovered it. I love this brush. It is wonderful for putting on gel eyeliner. I also like that the Smashbox brushes are red. I think it makes them a little more fun than black brushes.

on 12/6/2008 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this brush to line my eyes with mac's fluidline and i love it! It's so easy to use. I accidentally broke mine and was so sad but i actually like it better now because the handle is smaller. I would definitely buy again.

Popular Makeup Brushes