September 23, 2014 | 1624 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Gentle Exfoliating Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I like a lot about this product... the little exfoliating beads seemed to work and were not too harsh, the fragrance was not too powerful, and it seemed to cleanse my face. I have since moved on to other cleansers, but I have no major complaints about this Dove exfoliator. I used up almost an entire tube and it lasted a long time. If I ever find myself in a tight spot I would probably repurchase this, but for now I use other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by KK18

I love this product. I keep it in the shower and use it once a day when I shower. It feels great on and my skin always feels super soft and refreshed after. My husband loves it too. He says it's made a difference for his skin my getting rid of in grown hairs from shaving. He has fair and sensitive skin and I have dark normal to dry skin and it works great on both of us.

It gets most of my face make up off but since I don't use it on my eye area I generally use eye make up remover after.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by abogdanovic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, kinda combination oily. I have tried every product out in the market, going from the most expensive department store ones to cheap drugstore. Tried this because of the little beads, and love it. Clears up your complexion, takes my makeup right off, leave the skin feeling soft. however it does leave it dry, so you do have to moisturize right after, which is what you should do after every cleanser. My biggest fear is that it will be discontinued, and ill be back to square one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ias23

this is not for me. i have a sensitive, dry skin. i used this daily and this makes my face drier, so i tried it every once a week same thing happened. like the little beads that really exfoliates and the smell though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Fit

Good size tube but I could feel a burning sensation whenever I used it. After a few washes I discontinued use because it became too uncomfortable. I might have been a bit allergic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using harsh scrubs to eliminate flakey skin and remove all my makeup, but lately I've been wondering if it's causing too much damage. After using up the last bits of my Neutrogena Oil Free Scrub, I picked up Dove cleanser for around $3.99 for a decent size tube. When I see Dove products, my automatic reaction is that it's a gentle, moisturizing product, that's not full of harsh ingredients that are rough on your skin. I had high hopes for this cleanser, and the results were really great. It's super creamy, with itty-bitty beads that exfoliate just enough to remove some flakes without grinding off the top layer of your face. It foams up well and rinses off clean; doesn't leave any kind of residue which is a plus. I felt a breakout coming on, and Dove knocked that right out within a day. To my surprise, this didn't even leave my skin dry or tight, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jstrake1

I actually like this cleanser. Once I left my makeup remover at home and I just used the cleanser and it completely took the makeup off! I did noticed it has to tendency to be a bit drying so mositurizing is a must! I wish it exfoliated a little more, but I like the creamy texture and it works good as a daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by stephisticated

I use this about 3 times a week along with the sensitive skin beauty bar and it makes my skin feel amazing. It gets off any dead skin and makes it so smooth. My boyfriend loves to touch my face after I use it xD. I love the smell as well. I can't even count how many acne products I've tried in the past and dove has really helped me. I use the beauty bar daily along with this cleanser every few days, the moisturizer and then a generic brand of 2.5 benzoyl peroxide and my skin is almost always clear and soft now. I know everyones different, just throwing that out there. If you have sensitive skin like me, I recommend you try something like I did and use dove. Putting things filled with chemicals on your skin like Pro Activ (which I've tried) just made things 10 times worse because it's total overkill for sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this formula surprisingly drying, and it left a film on my face. Used up the tube by washing my hands with it, and it did a nice job there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MissRedEye

This is an effective cleanser that I've been using for a few years now. I have sensitive skin, and I need a deep cleaner that won't dry me out. Dove Gentle Exfoliating removes my makeup, but doesn't strip my skin. I still have to use moisturizer in the winter, but I can go without in the summer and fall. My complexion has evened out. I won't use anything else.