October 21, 2014 | 1751 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Mer - The Body Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used both the body lotion and cream and without a doubt prefer the cream. It's moisturizing without being greasy and absorbs quickly. Love that it comes in a tube or jar too. Overall $200 is more than I want to spend on body lotion or cream so I'm not going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by deblog

This is the best creme I have used and I have tried them all. This is the only one that actually does what it claims, I don't have to use a ton, don't have to use every day, and it gets rid of the winter dry patches and red irritation on my legs that nothing else touches. Plus it leaves my skin silky smooth all day. Other products make my skin smooth but within a few hours I need to reapply - not with this. It soaks in well so no greasy feeling. Expensive, yes, but worth it especially with I consider the money I have spent on less expensive creams that just haven't worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mofofrina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother in law gave me this creme last summer and I was totally addicted. It feels silky on your skin and it is very hydrating. I can't believe I went through the big tub in 4 months! Yikes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dancinginheels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definately worth the price. Two words- Super Luxe~! leaves my skin soft and glowyyy..my bf noticed the difference just after three days! Gotta love La mer! xoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hellokelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(reviewing the improved packaging tube version)

I didnt want to love this product, but it passed the ultimate test - I put this on before my trip, took a 23 hr flight/change/flight trip from US to Asia, took a shower without applying any moisturizer (too tired at that point) slept overnight, woke up - STILL SOFT, put on my face regime and out the door to see friends.

I guess I have nothing else to say against it other than the price, since they also changed the packaging from the tub to an easy tube.

It is easy to spread, consistency is between lotion and cream. A little goes a long way. A pea (green pea) size can cover my entire left leg (knee below including foot). Absorbs well with no residue (no white streaks that you have to rub in, no sticky feelings) just nice sheen and moistured skin.

Watching the web closely for bargains, but sigh, I'm addicted.
-----------
REDUCED to 4 Lippies: In winter this stuff is no longer enough. Put it on in the morning, at night my skin is dry again. Surprisingly, Cetaphil Ultra Moisturizing Lotion worked wonders. (See my other review). Stashing this one away till Spring/ Summer again for the nice sheen to go with dresses and short sleeves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lanausc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best lotion I've ever used. Worth the price. My skin feels amazingly smooth, non-greasy and supple - and smells wonderful. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by annsuya

It helped sort this eczema like irritation on my leg, tried so many things including betnovate, crabtree botanicals and even home remedy of boiled mangosteen skin. The mangosteen bit helped dry it out but the creme helped it heal. Nice smell, not overpowering and you only need to use it once a day, best at night. My legs are no longer dry, looks smooth and nice. I will update this if it fades my scars. The packaging is crap and heavy as hell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sophia1688

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is by far the best cream or body lotion i have ever used....i'm someone with incredibly sensitive and irritating skin...i've tried all kinds of body lotion and creams out there, they either irritate me or make me feel uncomfortable...i hate the sticky feel to lotions and creams...but this cream is so great..it doesn't give me any of those effects...and it's the only cream i have used so far that does not irritate me...i feel so good when i wakeup...it's like i had a body wrap for the night...my skin is glowing when i wakeup...it's so smooth and feels great!! i really love this cream...to me..i don't think the price is utterly expensive...i mean, if you go to the spa for a scrub and body wrap...it'll cost you about $100 and the result doesn't even last as long as this jar does...plus...if you get the effect and results like i do....i can justify the amount..no problem

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

Truly incredibly, but unbelievably expensive. $200 for 10oz! They describe it like a seaweed wrap in a jar, and they are not kidding. It's incredibly, but I could never afford a full size. :(. After a while you really don't have to use it every day, it truly changes how soft your skin is.

**Update. March, 09. I changed from 'no i woudn't buy it again' to 'yes'. I started getting my legs lasered and it tends to turn legs very very dry, so I started using it more religiously, then after my legs i would go over my feet, wow, i can't believe just a tiny bit of leftover cream on my feet only twice made them totally soft. wild. And now there is a tube which costs $140 instead of the $200 jar, so easier to afford buying the cream. it's amazing. And again, you really don't have to use this every day, like you do with other creams, so it will last you at least twice as long if you don't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

I LOVE THIS CREAM!!! It smells wonderful and for me it is extremely hydrating. I am a product junkie, and I have lots of creams, some for their scent, some because they match with my perfume and some because they are just IT. This one is JUST IT!!! I feel I can use it everyday, but the Saks Fifth Avenue Sales Lady told me I should use it once every 3 days, and that's what I am doing. LOVE IT!.
I do have several of La Mer products and for my skin type they have worked wonderful. When I tried this cream I fell in love with it, I thought it was ridiculous the price for a body cream, but what can I expect we are talking about La Mer! Which BTW I think they are ridiculously priced, but since they work for me, I will continue to be a customer.
My recommendation is to try a go to a La Mer counter at one of the department stores and try it first and if you LOVE IT, then i would suggest investing on it.