October 31, 2014 | 1475 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by aquarum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: moisturizing texture, superlative quality, color payoff, excellent staying power, pleasant smell

CONS: color not as described (more of a muted pinkish red with a silvery pearl), color lacks vibrancy

OVERALL: When I went to my local MAC counter, I told the girl I was looking for a rosy colored lipstick to enhance my natural color and she pointed me to this shade. I have to say it doesn't enhance my natural color or my face at all. I find that the pearl makes this difficult to wear during the day. I've tried wearing it lightly, heavily, with and without gloss and I haven't yet encountered a successful combo for my face. Despite all this, the quality is great, price reasonable and I quite like the smell (sweet vanilla + waxy crayon). I will not repurchase this item because it does not fulfill the my need and will therefore last me a long while I am sure.

UPDATE: 2/3/11 In the winter time, it is very cold and dry where I live ad I have been wearing this a lot. I have been finding that I like it a lot more in the winter because my lips get dry and this is highly emollient. It is also a gorgeous wintry plum, berry shade. I definitely will not be wearing this in the spring and summer at all because it would clash with the pastel florals and saturated jewel tones of my natural surroundings but I am loving for the colder, darker colorless months right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an HG product for me. It's a sheer reddish color. I am pale with yellow tones and rarely venture outside my peachy pinks/pinky brown natural shades. This lipstick takes it one notch up, in between "natural" and "red" or nighttime lipstick.It is a warm red so it works with my skin tones. I also love the glossy finish, it makes me feel sexy but not like I'm trying too hard.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A soft reddish berry shade on my lips. It applies super smooth and leaves my lips soft and moisturized. I can see this color working for almost everyone. While it is a pretty color, I just don't find it remarkable enough for me to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't be scared by how dark this looks in the tube, its a wonderful everyday color. I have a light complexion with darkly pigmented lips, and this looks great on me. And as with all Viva Glam lipsticks, 100% of the purchase price goes to charity! Can't beat that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shade a lot! Great for everyday wear. It's definitely not overbearing at all. I'm awful at describing shades but this looks like a pinky brown on me. Smells amazing! Def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by minniebee

A very beautiful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite color of all the Viva Glam lipsticks. My lips are very pigmented, so this color comes off as a plummy-brown nude on my lips. I wear it alone or with Viva Glam V lipgloss on top for a nice everyday look. I love that 100% of the selling price goes to the MAC AIDS fund to support men, women, and children who are living with AIDS. I will continue to purchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Fleurtje

I wanted to buy Viva Glam V, as it seemed more neutral for an everday-look, but unfortunatly it was out of stock. However, when I tried VI, which is much more pink, it made my blue eyes come out beautifully.
The only bad thing about this lipstick is the staying power, I redo my lips every half hour.... but I'm a lipstick freak!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

This is my first and only purchase I've ever made at MAC and really, my first ever lipstick purchase. I just got a job that requires me to wear makeup for a polished yet natural look. I tried on other lipsticks at other places and at MAC, but this was the only one that fit the bill for my desired "my lips but better" look. I am Asian NC35 with a naturally darker lip color. I really only wear lip balm on my lips, so this was a huge surprise to me. It makes my lips look finished and a single color...sort of like what tinted moisturizer does for my skin: natural yet finished look. I love this lipstick for giving me a great first experience with lipstick, and I'm actually willing to experiment with more lipsticks from MAC! I'm eyeing some of the stuff from the colour forecast! For now, though, I've been carrying this stuff around even when I'm not working to refresh the colour of my lips. I feel fabulous with this on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite MAC makeup artists recommended this brownish-plum-with-a-hint-of-red shade when I told her I loved Naked Paris l/s and wanted something similar. At first I was put off. I love the shimmer in Naked Paris, and this one didn't have it. I love the depth Naked Paris has while it's still quite natural. This one looked flat and ageing.
I wasn't ready to give up on it just yet, so I took it with me on a business trip. I constantly overslept and didn't feel so well, so I had to be quick with my morning routine. I had to skip all eye makeup but mascara and added just a little shimmer instead of a colored blush and put this l/s on. And voila! Perfection. With minimal makeup, this makes my eyes more blue, my skin clearer, my complexion was glowing more than before.

For me, this l/s clearly is a little-makeup-l/s because it just doesn't work as soon as I have a little bit of e/s or blush on (hence only 4 stars), but other than that it's incredibly flattering and makes me look polished and healthy even if I'm sick and feel like crap.