MAC Viva Glam VI

4.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this color. Nice mauvy, pinkish shade on my dark lips. Can almost form a mauvy neutral lip with this lippie

I really like this lipstick. I am light-medium neutral leaning yellow complexion. I've always liked reddish lipsticks so I'm happy to have added this to my arsenal. It looks brownish in the tube, but looks berry-red on my pigmented lips. It really pulls my look together when I don't want to wear much eye mu. I wear a rosy blush, neutral wash on the lids and this on my lips. Will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really don't understand all these negative reviews about this wonderful lipstick!

Being a newbie at Mac, I didn't really know what kind of lipstick I wanted, so I put faith in the girl at the counter to pick out a natural shade that enhanced my lip colour.

All I can say is this girl knew what she was doing!
This is a perfect dark terra-cotta colour with a beautiful sheen that makes the lips look wet. It goes on very sheer at first, but is very easy to build it to the shade you prefer.It looks great against my skin tone (NW30) and for those who are fair, by applying it more sheer you can get a nice red lip look.

I don't know if I could live without this lipstick, I wear it all the time.
If you are trying to achieve healthy looking lips, this is the right choice for you!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice gloss...only thing is that it goes on a bit more sheer than it looks. It's pretty and I do wear it, but I feel like by itself it kinda looks like my natural lip color with maybe a little more pink (I'm an NC35 with red red lips). I was expecting more pigmentation. It has a little bit of glitter but nothing OTT. Goes on pretty smoothly, has a nice faint vanilla/cookie scent. I feel like it's pretty day friendly, it looks a lot more snazzy in the tube which does not translate at ALL when applied. At one point I would've said "no" to buying this again, but I do wear it and it does look kinda cute...we'll see!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

PROS: moisturizing texture, superlative quality, color payoff, excellent staying power, pleasant smell

CONS: color not as described (more of a muted pinkish red with a silvery pearl), color lacks vibrancy

OVERALL: When I went to my local MAC counter, I told the girl I was looking for a rosy colored lipstick to enhance my natural color and she pointed me to this shade. I have to say it doesn't enhance my natural color or my face at all. I find that the pearl makes this difficult to wear during the day. I've tried wearing it lightly, heavily, with and without gloss and I haven't yet encountered a successful combo for my face. Despite all this, the quality is great, price reasonable and I quite like the smell (sweet vanilla + waxy crayon). I will not repurchase this item because it does not fulfill the my need and will therefore last me a long while I am sure.

UPDATE: 2/3/11 In the winter time, it is very cold and dry where I live ad I have been wearing this a lot. I have been finding that I like it a lot more in the winter because my lips get dry and this is highly emollient. It is also a gorgeous wintry plum, berry shade. I definitely will not be wearing this in the spring and summer at all because it would clash with the pastel florals and saturated jewel tones of my natural surroundings but I am loving for the colder, darker colorless months right now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is an HG product for me. It's a sheer reddish color. I am pale with yellow tones and rarely venture outside my peachy pinks/pinky brown natural shades. This lipstick takes it one notch up, in between "natural" and "red" or nighttime lipstick.It is a warm red so it works with my skin tones. I also love the glossy finish, it makes me feel sexy but not like I'm trying too hard.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

A soft reddish berry shade on my lips. It applies super smooth and leaves my lips soft and moisturized. I can see this color working for almost everyone. While it is a pretty color, I just don't find it remarkable enough for me to repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Don't be scared by how dark this looks in the tube, its a wonderful everyday color. I have a light complexion with darkly pigmented lips, and this looks great on me. And as with all Viva Glam lipsticks, 100% of the purchase price goes to charity! Can't beat that.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this shade a lot! Great for everyday wear. It's definitely not overbearing at all. I'm awful at describing shades but this looks like a pinky brown on me. Smells amazing! Def repurchase.

A very beautiful color.