August 1, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil! It's really a product that you can use everywhere! I use it to remove my makeup, to moisturize my body, to moisturize my face and my lips, to tame fly away hair and to tame split ends.

I also use it for oil pulling, to help with my KP (Keratosis Pilaris) and it's helping. It's not enough, I need to use a BHA too but I think it helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

Coconut oil is amazing! It can be used for so many things: Dry skin, cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, body cream, cooking food, chapped lips and even for growing eyelashes and eyebrows! I remove my mascara with this, it is a much healthier way and prevents my eyelashes falling out, it also lengthens my eyelashes really well! My eyelashes are sooo much longer and curlier now I apply this every night. Another thing is, it really helps dry skin and one tub lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil is always in my house since I first discovered it four years ago. I use it for hair, makeup remover, moisturizer for body, targeted wrinkle moisturizer and its a fine replacement for a personal lubricant or a vaginal moisturizer. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties I have no misgivings using it for the health of my lady parts. To keep everything top top I apply several times a week before I climb into bed. Used to be my little secret---now you know...lol I also take coconut oil orally to keep infections and yeast overgrowth in my body at bay as well give the metabolism a little boost. I would never be without this as its replaced many products I previously used with something completely natural.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin, and i do get pimples every now and then. I put this product on as a night time moisturizer. It gets rid of any pimples I have, hydrates my skin, and makes my skin feel very soft.

This product is a freaking miracle.

Just to mention, I do not use this everyday. I use it as a treatment. If i overuse it as a moisturizer, it will clog the pores. Use this product only when needed. Do not put this into your daily skin care routine.

If you follow that last tip, this product will work wonders...unless you have a coconut allergy.

Edit: I'm also putting this in my bathtub for a bath oil. My water is pretty hard on my skin. This oil has become an amazing product for my body.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I have really unrully thick coarse color treated hair.. It needs some serious TLC sometimes. I stumbled upon a cocnut oil mask on youtube one day. I am in LOVE! Just a little extra virgin cocnut oil and rosemary oil slather it all over your hair paying close attention to the ends.. Only a little it needed on the roots.. Leave it in for a few hours and wash out... OMG.. My hair has never felt so soft and silky. This stuff is a miracle. After reading some of these reviews I am definitely going to try out some of the other uses... Great multi use product.. I'll always have some of this around.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Trader Joe's and I transferred some product into an empty jar I had laying around. I use a little spatula to dispense the product, which I use to remove eye makeup.

This does a phenomenal job of removing my waterproof eyeliner, waterproof mascara, every spec of shadow and glitter, and even matte lipsticks! Nothing else works better. I've tried a lot of makeup removers, probably every brand they have at Target and even tried some of the more expensive ones and nothing holds a candle to coconut oil. I used to use olive oil but it stung my eyes, this does not!

I personally have not experienced any breakouts from coconut oil. I love this and don't know what else I'd use to remove makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had used coconut oil for eye makeup remove and body at night for winter months and always for lip scrubs with sugar as I had longer lashes and been told if there fake and there mines. if you suffer with dry skin use it for eyes and lips but do not remove makeup it makes it breakout as I tried it and notice is not for everybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love coconut oil, just not on my face. If you have acne keep coconut oil off your face. Eating it does help keep skin clear though, as it has highly antimicrobial properties. I used to put coconut oil on just the ends of my hair, it was a great conditioner, unfortunately it was the culprit behind flareups allong my jawline and neck. I now remove my makep with sunflower oil with 0 breakouts:) Coconut oil is listed as highly comedogenic, it is a solid, it will continue being a solid in your pores and clog them. It does feel soo good when it mels on your skin, but your skin is not always warm ie, your face on a cold day, or after washing face with cold water, so clogs will happen with coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by deasiajohnathan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

It Helps clear up acne: One night after using it to take off my eye make-up I decided to use it as an all over face make-up remover... then decided my face felt so good I didn't want to use anything else (hint: leave the coconut oil on your face for a minute and then get your water and washcloth really really hot to wipe it all away). I googled to see if this was okay to do and it turns out coconut oil can help get rid of acne! See more here : http://antiskinproblems.com/wonders-of-coconut-oil-for-acne/ continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bananacrazy10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried everything to clear up my teenager acne, and so when started seeing everywhere that coconut oil clears up hormonal acne and oily skin naturally and fast and after reading all the positive reviews, ordered some online quickly. When I opened my container of what I hoped to be the answer to my teen woes, I was greeted by the smell of all things yummy and lovely. I immediately went to my sink and washed my face with that good stuff. It felt weird in a good way on my skin, all slippery and such.my face was more oilier than usual after the washing, but it soaked in within ten or so minutes. I saw a slight change in my skin with two days, so I thought all was well, but after a week my skin broke out in to pretty much everything but dance. My face was full of rashes and pimples, and I just cried. Turns out I'm very allergic of coconuts I later learned. They make me nauseous and I get rashes. Boo.