July 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by PiaJoyAgra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE! i'm in the shade almond, and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. leaves my skin feeling so smooth and blends nicely (i usually use my fingers to apply). keeps my face from getting shiny throughout the day. and you only need a little bit to cover your whole face! great coverage also.
    only downside that it smells sweet kind of like a cupcake, but it goes away when applied. careful that you dont apply too much, because it can end up very cakey on your face!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by auramei

With every foundation, the application and the tools really affect how it will look on your skin and how long it wears. With that said, I only apply this foundation with a brush (specifically ELF Studio Powder Brush). I am MAC NC 30, BE Light, NARS SG Punjab, EL DWL #3 and I wear this Boots foundation in Shade Blonde #20. When applied, it is actually a shade lighter (NC20-25) than my skin color (NC30), so it's not a perfect match but it does adjust slowly later in the day. It looks divine with a light bronzer and blush, but even when I don't pair it with any, I look very "awake."

As for the wear, it feels lightweight, lasts throughout a 5+ hour work day. I do notice that by mid-day, it "gathers" around my nose so I often have to pat around the nostril area mid-day with a napkin. That usually happens with most foundations, so I won't punish this one for my excess oil around my nose. This is NOTa winter foundation. The mousse to powder effect is definitely drying, and any "flakies" will show through. But because I have combo (oily & dry) skin, it works OKAY. However, it may work better if you have REALLY oily skin.

The packaging comes in a heavy, thick glass jar and a clear, plastic, scooper. I don't ever use my fingers, just the scooper and wipe it off after every application.

If you are looking for a satin/matte finish in a foundation and have oily skin, I would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by txutah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited about this product because I tried the liquid foundation but I found the first few times I applied the makeup it was too powdery looking after I applied it. Today I tried it again, and I found how this makeup works best for me: skin that was washed the night before applied with my fingertips. It gave me a flawless face that looked fresh and finished. I would not recommend applying this makeup with a damp sponge or beauty blender. I've yet to apply it with a stipling brush but that will be my next way of using it. Those with oily skin would probably like this best, but I would not recommend for dry or patchy skin without a great moisturizing treatment before applying as it can emphasize dry spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by trisha0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

after reading all of the great reviews on this finally purchased it. I wanted to love it, and initially i did. but after severl uses i just noticed that this foudation only looks good right after it is applied. It was okay on controlling my oily skin, but after an hour it would make me look sooooo cakey, like a powder and the color selection is terrible. The product looks so much darker in the packaging. So basically i looked like a ghost, it just had a grey overcast. I will not re purchase, so dissapointed in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by DebAK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having used the Boots Firming liquid foundation first, I love this better. This is awesome foundation because it is weightless, silky. And flawless coverage. Stays on, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was frustrated after trying most foundation in sephora and macy's to suite oily skin needs. I read some reviews on this stuff and decided why not? The shade selection is very limited. If you do not have yellow undertones or if you have darker skin, you may have a difficult time finding a shade. At my local target they only had 4 or 5 shades. I am a NC 30, which is not too dark but I do have yellow tones. I picked up blonde and it is the second DARKEST shade there.. Luckily there was a guy there who worked for boots to test it out on me because it looks very dark in the jar! But is very light on my skin. I could go for a slightly darker shade, but this works with bronzer.Make sure to test it out before you purchase. Anyways, this foundation is far better than MUFE Matte velvet and LM silk creme. Loved it...just not too sure about the color selection. It did pretty well with my incredibly oily skin and the coverage is great. I love that it gives a beautiful finish rather than a flat and dull one. I would say try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

so far i like this. this is the best coverage and silky.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by weathep1

I bought this product last week from Target for $13.99 in the color 15 Buff. Today was the first day that I could test out this foundation. I was excited to try it because the sales girl that was promoting Boots really sold me and told me that it would counteract my naturally oily skin. So I applied it with my Sonia Kashuk duo fiber stippling brush. After an hour or so after applying the foundation I went to see me boyfriend. Within a few minuted to talking to him he said "Babe you put on too much makeup". He then continued to try to wipe the makeup off of my face with his hand. He said that I looked "powdery" and "unnatural". My boyfriend has never made those comments, or any comments for that matter, about my foundation makeup. Clearly if he thinks its noticeably bad, then it must be. I will be returning this product and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally a colour for lighter skin shades! It is my perfect colour, after years of looking too orange with the lightest shades of every other makeup brands (even MAC who have a ridiculous number of shades!)

Not only this but it is a gorgeous foundation, goes on sort of liquid and then powdery, makes your skin look flawless! I have slightly dry skin and I think this foundation is on the dry side, but that's OK with me because I think oily foundation ALWAYS ends up looking bad at the end of the day, and if I moisturise properly underneath to prep the skin then it goes on lovely.

I think the pricing is fair as to me, it's much better than the more expensive ones out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by amswooo

I have just bought this foundation today. I have just tried it out and I have to say I LOVE it!
    I've lived by my MAC Studio Fix Fluid for years but started to feel like it made my skin look too matte and was in search for a foundation that gave a dewy finish. However, after looking all over and reading reviews I found most 'luminous' foundations are for dry skin therefore not suitable for oily/combination skin (mine is combination) as it can make your skin too oily :(
    After reading many reviews of the No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation I finally bought it in New Ivory (which is the lightest shade) and it definitely lives upto my expectations. It gave my skin a smooth finish so bye bye dry looking skin and I kind of feel it that it makes me look younger (this may be due to the fact that this shade actually matches my skin tone and I usually go for a darker shade than my own :l) but also because it locks in moisture I have less lines on my face (e.g laughter lines), as with my MAC foundation my skin would be so matte around my normal/dry areas such as around my mouth that when I laugh the lines would stay.
    The best thing about this foundation is the feel of it on my skin. This is the first mousse I have used, but it is oh so smooth on application and it feels velvety to the touch :)
    However, it has a couple of downsides. If you smell the product in the tub it does have a weirdish smell but once I applied it to my face I could not smell it on my face at all!
    I obviously haven't used it enough to see if it broke me out so time will tell. But my first impressions are very good and I may be visiting boots very soon to get the next darker shade and maybe mix it with the colour I have? - because there is only the choice of 4 shades there is quite a difference from one shade to the next - so 'Buff' would be too dark for me :(
    Also, not sure why mine has a white lid? on the website/reviews they all have a black lids so I hope I haven't got old stock :s oh well <3 it too much to care :)