Avon ANEW Clinical ThermaFirm

3.2

WATER/EAU GLYCERIN ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE DICAPRYLYL MALEATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE BUTYLENE GLYCOL GLYCERYL STEARATE PHYTOL SACCHAROMYCES FERMENT FILTRATE ZEA MAYS (CORN) KERNEL EXTRACT FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) FRUIT EXTRACT DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT PHLORETIN PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE EXTRACT BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER XYMENYNIC ACID GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT PLANKTON EXTRACT COLA NITIDA SEED EXTRACT BUPLEURUM FALCATUM ROOT EXTRACT GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT TOCOPHEROL CIMICIFUGA RACEMOSA ROOT EXTRACT SACCHAROMYCES FERMENT LYSATE FILTRATE CAFFEINE PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE TRISILOXANE CHOLETH-24 HYDROGENATED LECITHIN MENTHYL LACTATE CETETH-24 MALTODEXTRIN PEG-8 DIMETHICONE CETEARYL ALCOHOL PEG-100 STEARATE SODIUM HYDROXIDE CARBOMER ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER PARFUM/FRAGRANCE IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA METHYLPARABEN DISODIUM EDTA ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES RED 4/CI 14700

on 4/5/2008 1:26:00 PM

It may be that I haven't been using this long enough yet - not quite two weeks yet - but so far I'm not overly impressed. I read the other reviews on MUA and expected so much more of it! I have also used Avon's Anew Ultimate Day cream (which now appears to be discontinued, along with all those other transitory Avon products..) and also Anew Clinical Eye Lift - and I was very impresed with both.
But this, so far, isn't great. Hasn't noticeably changed the look of my skin and I find it a bit too light for me. I use it as a night cream as its description seemed to suggest to me that's what it was meant for. The Anew Ultimate Day cream is so wonderfully rich and firm in comparison - and that calls itself a day cream! I think you could easily wear ThermaFirm as a day cream, since it sinks right in and leaves no residue or greasy film.
It is supposed to "tighten, firm and lift the look of skin". This sounded good to me since, at 55, my skin is getting decidely saggy and I'm getting those awful jowls. This cream hasn't magically defied gravity, however.I think you need surgery for that.

on 2/25/2008 11:36:00 AM

I had a couple of samples which lasted about a week. The consistency is light and serum-like and leaves a nice non-greasy fnish. It did not break out my tending-toward-acne skin. For the price, it is a decent product, however, I will stick with my current anti-aging regimen of Avene Ystheal and LRP Redermic.

on 2/4/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have to agree with those below: I really wanted to like this cream as it seemed to be just the thing for what I wanted to do with my skin. Sadly, I break out in painful cystic pimples every time I use this.

I keep trying this because I really wanted this cream to work, but I am finally giving up. I break out EVERY time I use this and I never break out! I just can not use this product. Along with white head pimples and a rash like break out, there is no firming at all for me. Won't try this again.

on 3/30/2007 11:05:00 PM

I love the feel of this product. It goes on smoothly and has a great texture. It is a great night cream. You could use it in the morning if you use a very light layer. I haven't seen any huge difference, but my skin has very few wrinkles. I hope that it will overall firm my skin and neck over time. My impression now is that it makes your skin very soft and moisturized for a good price (mine was on sale for $22).

I've used other Anew products, some are great, so not so great - for my skin at least.

I'm 41 and thinking I might need a little lifting.

I wanted to love this one. I used it one time and woke up to a horrible breakout of cysts and whiteheads all over my face and neck!!
My skin is in shambles. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but I can handle glyc and peels etc, so I thought I'd be ok with this one too. I've never had a reaction like this with a product.

Packaging, no complaints. Price. Purchased a brand new jar from ebay at a great price. I'm not out much money, just wish my face didn't hurt so much.

on 1/5/2007 10:54:00 PM

I liked the results, I really did. This is a great cream. But, sadly, after about two weeks of using it, I developed an alien looking rash of red bumps on my forehead and down the sides ofmy eyes to my cheeks. An allergic reaction I'm guessing. Had it not been for that, I would still be using this!

on 12/7/2006 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Both times I used this I broke out bad. It does make the face look glowy, but that's due to a bunch of sparkly powder in it. I can do without the sparkles at night on my pillow. Also, when I tried to apply concealer or powder over it, the ThermaFirm would ball up.

on 11/21/2006 2:44:00 PM

Really firms the skin. Similar in effects, but more moisturizing, than Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough Serum, which I use during the day because of its light, watery consistency (I use Thermafirm at night). I have seen real results with both these products. Avon/mark does not test on animals.

on 10/28/2006 10:57:00 AM

I've used alot of avon products, but this stuff is worth its weight in gold!! I saw an immediate improvement in my skin!

Popular Treatments (Face)