July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Wendiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. There has been no need for me to touch up during the day which is always a plus. The shade is a perfect match. The only thing that I don't like about this product is the packaging. I really wish that it came in a standard bottle or pump. That would make it a lot easier for me. I don't like to wear a lot of product on my face. The packaging doesn't really allow me to control the product the way that I would like. ...squeezing product through a brush is not ideal for me. I don't like this method with lip glosses and a certainly don't care for it with foundation.

I apply a small amount of product on my face and blend it in with my foundation brush. I will purchase this product again for the shade and formula.

I wear shade #12 (caramel).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage: Medium.
Finish: natural/satin.
Recommended for normal to dry skin.

Okay, when I first bought this about 2 years ago, my skin was oily, but now, I'm on Roaccutane so my skin has become normal (sometime the apples of the cheeks get dry). So I have experimented this foundation on both oily and normal to dry skin and I liked it on both, but I do love it more on my new normal skin. Notice that when my skin was oily I used to blot my face with a tissue paper after applying this foundation to achieve a natural look and BTW, I have some acne scaring around my jawline and some pigmentations on the temples.
I have it in shade #6. I apply it after my Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer and then I set it with Max Factor Creme puff powder and that makes my skin looks flawless, natural and not cakey !

Now, let's get to the brush. I don't know why people hate it. I think it's good. Yes It's not awesome, but it does the job and it's travel-friendly. I mean it's a built-in brush, what do you expect?!
The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's hard to get it clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by iioii

This foundation is AMAZING. I have very pale skin, to the point of looking unheallthy, redness from spots, uneven skin surface, oily and sensitive. This made my skin look almost perfect, dewy but also matt, if thats possible, and fresh. It has survived crazy windy and rainy british weather, with my hair falling all over my face (which normally makes my skin shiney), and a full day at work. I keep catching myself in the mirror, I look totally different. I used to wear bare minerals powder in the lightest shade, because I like to feel like I'm not wearing makeup, but this is very light and easy to put on anyway and I would never go back to bare minerals.
I bought it in shade 2 because even though it is a little darker than my skin, it is yellowish and so it covers redness and makes me look healthier. Yes its expensive, but its worth it to look this effortlessly good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product - was given a shade 02 for my NC20 skin tone - finally a shade that suits my warm yet pale asian skin tone well-very beautiful lightweight foundation -just nothing special - causes some breakouts -this may be due to the light fragrance - I hate using foundations that make my skin breakout the next day as my skin is normally very clear. Packaging convenient to travel with can cause problems if brush left on as product can be wasted. A lot of product is wasted if the foundation is not applied lightly (alhtough it depends on the coverage you want) -medium coverage/light offered by this foundation. Feels lightweight on the skin. Product claims to be non-comediogenic -generally okay product but I would not recommend using 2 days in a row if your skin is prone to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

For me, this is the perfect summertime foundation. The coverage is incredibly sheer and lightweight (will not cover pimples or discoloration) but Oh My!!! It instantly transforms my 35 year old skin with pore issues and the very slight beginnings of fine lines under my eyes in to a glowing, radiant, fresh faced girl.

It's amazing how a foundation so sheer and light can instantly transform my skin. It feels like nothing on my skin and has the usual watermelon fragrance, which is a bit stronger than other YSL foundations... but it does go away after a minute or so.

The brush I can definitely live without and you can get rid of it with a little brute force, but that isn't enough to keep me from this second skin. Will definitely be buying again.

Oh and it kept my oil at bay all day, even while BBQing in the direct sun all afternoon.

NC30 = color #6
NC35 = color #8
NC37 = color #9

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by emer1451

I loved the fresh, dewy look this gave me. Although the coverage is one of the lightest I've ever worn, it's a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by skyesthelimit

As someone with oily skin, this is definitely not the kind of foundation I would usually go for. But I can honestly say two years on that this is definitely in my top five favourites! I love it because of the silky texture and how easy it is to apply. I also adore the smell which is unusual for me, as smells donít really have any impact on my decision (unless it smells like paint - *cough* studio fix *cough*). Honestly this stuff smells like a rose scented moisturiser. I rarely use my fingers to apply foundation but because of the thin-consistency this is SO easy to blend Ė seriously, if youíre looking for a quick-to-apply foundation look no further!

Personally I would say the coverage is very much dependent on how you apply it. Usually I get a medium coverage, but because of the buildability (is that a word?) you can probably get anywhere between a sheer to good medium coverage - a foundation brush gives a heavier coverage for me. Itís reasonably moisturising and feels super lightweight. My main skin issues are redness in the cheeks and I do get spots, but this does the job and is undetectable. I use a concealer for blemishes just like I would with any foundation Ė donít think because youíve got blemishes that you have to go for a ridiculously cakey foundation! The finish is definitely luminous and really beautiful in my opinion. I do powder over it, but I use a lightweight translucent powder in order to keep the glow.

In my opinion there are three downsides to the foundation; one being price. Sorry I have to mention it, though to be fair itís not a drugstore foundation. Still though, £32 is pretty steep. The main thing I donít love about it is that it just doesnít last long enough. I usually wear very longwearing foundations, so maybe Iíve just been spoilt but I feel like this foundation has a bit of slip to it within about 4 hours of wear. Also the packaging is... let's just not go there. It's not terrible but I did cut off the brush so I don't lose any product.

Anyway, to round this review up I would say this is a really underrated foundation. I really donít hear many raves about it which saddens me a bit because I really think it should be up there with the best of them. Despite being a big fan of Estee Lauderís double wear (and full coverage, matte foundations in general), this stuff still works really well for me. So yep, my suggestion would be give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sophie57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the brush application, but it's really hard to control.

the foundation itself gives skin a beautiful glow and hydration, but not very long lasting, if you have oily skin you may not like it.

the coverage is light

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried the darkest color in this product on the back of my hand at a YSL counter once or twice, and I was surprised that not only how well the brown color matched me perfectly but that the finish on this foundation ended up looking so beautiful and smooth. But I never bought it, no, but maybe I should have.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ericabattenberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given a large sample of this at Debenhams, after asking to try a medium cover foundation. On application, I was impressed. Whilst it flaked above my eyebrows, it did give me this lovely, polished glow. I used a primer, because it sinks into pores without one. I had a couple of small blemishes on the day, but it blended with my concealer perfectly. I went to town shopping, after two hours I checked my make up, only to find the foundation had mysteriously disappeared from my face, only the spots of concealer remained. Great.