November 23, 2014 | 1048 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 5:08:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I love this scent. It's warm, not too sweet, slightly smoky, just beautiful. A very soft and comforting scent. My only gripe is that it has rather poor staying power (but at the same time, I think it contributes to its light, weightless feel). For me, the most beautiful scent I've come across.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by romarin

I normally find vanilla fragrances to be too sweet and cloying. This one starts out that way, but morphs into something more tolerable. It is a definite "comfort" scent, wafting up to your nose throughout the day (or night)to calm and reassure you. It's the best vanilla out there (but that's just my opinion--SL has a good one too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a tiny decant of this and I have sure enjoyed it. I just don't know if I like it so much to pay the price for a full bottle of it, though- I need to be picky now. This is a very pretty, quiet, sleeper "skin scent" type of vanilla that is smoky and woody. Not foody at all, not too sweet. I know that term skin scent gets used a lot, but this surely seems like one to me, without being a musk fragrance. Very nice. I may break down and buy a big decant.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by swimsharky

I reach for this when I need some instant comfort. It's a warm smoky not too foody vanilla tempered with some floral notes. Just all around lovely. Not for the cakey vanilla lover nor for teeny boppers. (My sister described it as an "old lady" perfume, but I care not, for I love it.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite vanillas. To me it smells like those little white chocolate mice or skulls filled with red goo you get in old fashioned pick-and-mix sweet shops. It reminds me of the old L'occitane vanilla but only in transparency, sweetness and overall vibe. I found that one similarly refreshing, as far as vanillas can be refreshing. I agree there is something green about this. They say it includes the flower as well as the bean - I suggest they snuck a little leaf in too. Alas, it is indeed the lasting power that lets this fragrance down. I would get through this bottle no probs but am deterred by its lifespan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I have never worn vanilla scents because they are usually a cake like, sickening sweet, cloying, plastic mess. I tried this one because some of the reviews I read said that even a non-vanilla lover would like this and much to my surprise they were right. This starts off a little smokey and a touch of sweetness which continues to get more beautiful throughout the drydown. With fall/winter right around the corner I have been wanting a scent with a touch of spice since typically I wear florals. Many of the spicer scents tend to be too heavy or cloying for me but this has just enough spice to be sexy, seductive, mysterious and still feminine while also being a little clean/soapy and floral on me. I can't say enough about my new discovery other than this is definitely full bottle worthy. Honestly, I have never smelled anything like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want a vanilla that is not vanilla, pick this up. Vanilia notes:
    vanilla flower, vanilla bean, amber. This smells like soap on me and maybe a drizzle of sweetness. For some reason this makes my head ache and my stomach nauseous. It is so sickening to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2006 7:26:00 AM More reviews by fargharg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells as if somebody baked a vanilla cake, coved it with a huge pile of dust, and stuck in back into the oven untill it burned. Then shoved it up my nose. Then charged me AU$250 for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by therese108

Very artistic, rewarding take on vanilla. Using all parts of the vanilla plant plus amber, this goes through 3 stages on my skin: First it's incredibly round and fruity, which caught me off guard because nowhere are fruits listed in the notes. Then the amber starts peeking through, ushering in a rather dark, smoky accord. Then comes my favorite part, the drydown, in which lovely, flirty vanilla orchid comes into play. This is truly vanilla for grown-ups, not girls. And the EDT formulation is welcome in this case, as a stronger Vanilia might have been too cloying to wear. Decant-, and possibly bottle-worthy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Spicy! It's vanilla with an edge. In the beginning, Vanilia is greener than most vanillas, keeping it from becoming nauseatingly sweet. The greenness doesn't last, however, and then it's spiced-up vanilla milk. If L'Artisans lasted longer on me, I might be tempted to buy a full bottle. But I don't love it enough to just look at it on my dresser, because what would be the point of putting it on? It's gone within the hour.