December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste Powder Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The shades I use are the EU and US versions of #44 Narcisse (the former is cooler, the latter peachier) and the US edition of #68 Rose …crin -- and so far I like the JC formula: it's got the right amount of pigmentation and a pleasing scent; the powder is finely milled, and it produces a subtly glowing color on cheeks. What I don't like about it is that the compact only opens 90į and the brushes are pitiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I love the colours, love how pretty/ natural they look once on.
I get these abroad cuz i dun think NA gets the good kind?
You DON'T get enough product to justify the cost, so that's one strike.
Not that pigmented, but finely milled and good colour selection.
Need to re-apply 2ce during day, so NOT long-lasting at all.
Two strikes against it, and two redeeming factors. Won't rebuy. Heard Bourjois blushes are pretty good and they look similar, will check those out next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

For a general review, Chanel's JC blushes are my absolute favorites. Longevity is decent on my oily skin at 4ish hours, and the colors apply subtly and naturally rather than a "oh HAI I'm wearing blush" look. If you're looking for an avant garde look Chanel's JCs are probably not for you. JC packaging is sleek black, has a mirror, opens at 90 degrees and includes a brush, making it quite travel-friendly.

However, I love the European versions *far* more than the US ones. European JCs are baked versus the powdery US versions, and IMO give a much more natural look. Euro JCs have a subtle sheen to them whereas the US ones are glittery and tend to sit on top of my skin rather than enhance it. Yes, the US JCs are easier to pick up the powder with a brush, but the effect tends to be heavier and more obvious rather than subtle and natural. I've heard that Chanel is consolidating all of their production to Europe, so hopefully this means the US versions will be completely phased out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by goss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can stop looking for "my" blush, because I have found it!
I use Chanel's Joues Contraste in "In Love" and this shade is the most perfect rosewood color for my medium-fair skintone. And if it comes to blush, I almost never find a good colour match! So I was amazed from the beginning, and the amazement happilly continued as i was using this product. Though it's supposed to come out strong on the cheeks, it gave me a healthy, rosy glow rather than a pop of colour, which is a good thing.
The product has some golden sparks, although it doesn't look shiny on the skin, it has a very natural finish. What's more, I have been using this for nearly three months on a daily basis and it looks the same as when i opened it, so I think it's going to last for ages. Overall, I will definitely repurchase Joues Contraste and I am pretty sure that I will stick with it for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review for the new Rose Tourbillon JC, an Asia exclusive. Simply had to rave about how beautiful this blush is. I'm about NC-20 (in mac) and 10 Beige Claire for Chanel's foundations and this blush makes me look like a pretty pink princess. In the pan, Rose Tourbillion looks frighteningly glittery but on my cheeks, its just a very soft pink glow. Love it! I feel so luxurious wearing this. It's a pity that being an Asia exclusive, few people will get to appreciate the gorgeousness of this blush.
For reference, I own 3 other JCs: 99 Rose Petale, Reflex and Fresque. I have to say that I like 99 Rose Petale just a shade better than Rose Tourbillon, but this comes a close second.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kateleblanc

I have No. 64, Pink Explosion, bought in Europe for 36 Euro. Love the smellof roses, hate the brush. I thought Chanel has to have some kind of standard, well apparently not. The hair is coming out of the brush,already from the first time I used this product. Nevertheless the colour fits perfectly. I always blow the first layer off the brush, which makes it look more natural. Expensive but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JENJ5001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not a big fan of the Chanel Joues contraste blushes. I know I am in the minority here...lol. IMO the blush seems to magnify my facial pores. It does not look as natural to me as my dior blushes do. I have bought Rose Petale, Rose Bronze, Orchid Rose, and Rose Dust, But none did it for me, so i gave up. My Favorite blushes are from Dior Chantecaille and LM (They look so natural). I also do not like a heavy blush so most of the blushes I favor do not have strong pigmentation. Hence Chantecaille, diorblush and Laura mercier 2nd skin color blushes. Not a fan of the Chanel Rose scent. The blush dome is pretty but the packaging is so so.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mutthiaz

Wonderful blusher. I have "tea rose" and itt actually smells like roses! It looks so natural on my skin. The brush that comes with it is, as far as I am concerned, not soft enough - but you can always use your own :) Lovely range of colours to chose from. Definitely a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know some people hate them and think the hype is all about the name alone, but I truly ♥ them. Here's why:

The texture: Itís so finely milled (finest powder blushes Iíve ever come across) itís creamy smooth and melts on your skin. The texture is so fine the blush will never look chalky on the skin.

The shades: While I canít say that they are universally flattering or highly pigmented like NARS (or MAC or Bobbi Brown) can be (they donít show on darker skins) light to medium skins will find that they give such a natural glow. And although sparkly in the pan, these sparkles don't show on the skin; neither do they accentuate my pores or add glitter on my cheeks; if anything the sparkles only help to subtly contour the cheekbones.

The security that they won't break me out: I have used them over moisturiser alone, over foundation + primer and powder, over powder alone etc and never once has my skin reacted negatively.

The scent: I know some people dislike scented products, but this is what dots the i on the word luxurious for this blush. I like applying (and reapplying!) the blush just so I could enjoy the scent.

All that said the brush that comes with them is utterly useless, and I could do without the not-so-velvety velvet pouch, but I know others who love that the brush makes the compact very travel-friendly (it does work if you are desperate) and the pouch does help with keeping the compact scratch-free (which you do want to do, considering how much money you are parting for a pan of JC).

Bottomline: More JC's will find their way in my blush collection soon!

Oh and they last considerably long on my cheeks, which is pretty amazing seeing that it's hot and humid where I am, and nothing lasts all day without touchups.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kattg425

This is a very natural, rose shade blush. It goes on matte and I apply with a big powder brush on the upper cheek bone area. I use very little since I want a natural flushed look. It's long lasting and no break outs.