Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush

4.4

on 6/14/2012 8:00:00 PM

I bought the Joues Contraste Pink Explosion. I'm a NW15-NW20. When I came home, I kept applying the powder but nothing showed up on my skin -- very little pigmentation. After about 10 swipes, I decided to return this.

For the price, there isn't any pigmentation. I would have to keep applying this, at which point, it would be thick looking. Back to Mac. I swiped several other blushes and there wasn't any color to them. There's really no excuse for this awful quality at $46 for a blush.

on 6/3/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Very good product...but doesn´t work good with dry skin!
The smell is great, very typical from chanel, but the staying power is also not great... i don´t give it 3 stars because i used it so long, and the color was great...there are many other blushes that should get a 3, not this one...but it dries my skin and it doesn´t stay long...

on 5/25/2012 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The shades I use are the EU and US versions of #44 Narcisse (the former is cooler, the latter peachier) and the US edition of #68 Rose Écrin -- and so far I like the JC formula: it's got the right amount of pigmentation and a pleasing scent; the powder is finely milled, and it produces a subtly glowing color on cheeks. What I don't like about it is that the compact only opens 90° and the brushes are pitiful.

on 11/4/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love the colours, love how pretty/ natural they look once on.
I get these abroad cuz i dun think NA gets the good kind?
You DON'T get enough product to justify the cost, so that's one strike.
Not that pigmented, but finely milled and good colour selection.
Need to re-apply 2ce during day, so NOT long-lasting at all.
Two strikes against it, and two redeeming factors. Won't rebuy. Heard Bourjois blushes are pretty good and they look similar, will check those out next.

on 10/11/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For a general review, Chanel's JC blushes are my absolute favorites. Longevity is decent on my oily skin at 4ish hours, and the colors apply subtly and naturally rather than a "oh HAI I'm wearing blush" look. If you're looking for an avant garde look Chanel's JCs are probably not for you. JC packaging is sleek black, has a mirror, opens at 90 degrees and includes a brush, making it quite travel-friendly.

However, I love the European versions *far* more than the US ones. European JCs are baked versus the powdery US versions, and IMO give a much more natural look. Euro JCs have a subtle sheen to them whereas the US ones are glittery and tend to sit on top of my skin rather than enhance it. Yes, the US JCs are easier to pick up the powder with a brush, but the effect tends to be heavier and more obvious rather than subtle and natural. I've heard that Chanel is consolidating all of their production to Europe, so hopefully this means the US versions will be completely phased out.

on 5/28/2011 3:54:00 PM

I can stop looking for "my" blush, because I have found it!
I use Chanel's Joues Contraste in "In Love" and this shade is the most perfect rosewood color for my medium-fair skintone. And if it comes to blush, I almost never find a good colour match! So I was amazed from the beginning, and the amazement happilly continued as i was using this product. Though it's supposed to come out strong on the cheeks, it gave me a healthy, rosy glow rather than a pop of colour, which is a good thing.
The product has some golden sparks, although it doesn't look shiny on the skin, it has a very natural finish. What's more, I have been using this for nearly three months on a daily basis and it looks the same as when i opened it, so I think it's going to last for ages. Overall, I will definitely repurchase Joues Contraste and I am pretty sure that I will stick with it for a very long time.

on 2/16/2011 6:22:00 AM

This is a review for the new Rose Tourbillon JC, an Asia exclusive. Simply had to rave about how beautiful this blush is. I'm about NC-20 (in mac) and 10 Beige Claire for Chanel's foundations and this blush makes me look like a pretty pink princess. In the pan, Rose Tourbillion looks frighteningly glittery but on my cheeks, its just a very soft pink glow. Love it! I feel so luxurious wearing this. It's a pity that being an Asia exclusive, few people will get to appreciate the gorgeousness of this blush.
For reference, I own 3 other JCs: 99 Rose Petale, Reflex and Fresque. I have to say that I like 99 Rose Petale just a shade better than Rose Tourbillon, but this comes a close second.

on 2/13/2011 5:41:00 PM

I have No. 64, Pink Explosion, bought in Europe for 36 Euro. Love the smellof roses, hate the brush. I thought Chanel has to have some kind of standard, well apparently not. The hair is coming out of the brush,already from the first time I used this product. Nevertheless the colour fits perfectly. I always blow the first layer off the brush, which makes it look more natural. Expensive but worth it.

on 2/9/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am not a big fan of the Chanel Joues contraste blushes. I know I am in the minority here...lol. IMO the blush seems to magnify my facial pores. It does not look as natural to me as my dior blushes do. I have bought Rose Petale, Rose Bronze, Orchid Rose, and Rose Dust, But none did it for me, so i gave up. My Favorite blushes are from Dior Chantecaille and LM (They look so natural). I also do not like a heavy blush so most of the blushes I favor do not have strong pigmentation. Hence Chantecaille, diorblush and Laura mercier 2nd skin color blushes. Not a fan of the Chanel Rose scent. The blush dome is pretty but the packaging is so so.

on 1/22/2010 10:18:00 AM

Wonderful blusher. I have "tea rose" and itt actually smells like roses! It looks so natural on my skin. The brush that comes with it is, as far as I am concerned, not soft enough - but you can always use your own :) Lovely range of colours to chose from. Definitely a must!