September 17, 2014 | 1781 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kizzram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this product... It blended beautifully and hid some acne scars on my face. But it oxidized quite a bit.. now I mix with my moisturizer for a base. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was so disappointed in this product. Got this matched at at mac counter and it looked fantastic at first but when I looked in the mirror 1/2 an hour later I looked like an oompa loompa. It covered my acne scars nicely but just oxidised so badly I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer mainly for my undereyes in NW30.
I'm a NC40 at darkest for reference but during winter I tend to get slightly paler. So if you're the same then you could pull this off during the seasons with less sun. It's a good colour match because most concealers tend to look too orange or peachy. But this worked well with my slightly olive complexion and had the right amount of yellow.
Even though colour match was good - it wasn't very good as an undereye concealer for me. I found it faded when I didn't set it with a light dusting of powder. Yet it settled into the fine lines for me and did not look natural at all when I did set it with a powder. It could sometimes give the effect of appearing caked in the latter method of application.
However, when I wore foundation, I did like using this as a concealer for spots. However, it won't cover very dark spots, but it's good for redness.
I like the tube packaging because it doesn't waste as much product as those with the doe foot applicators.
Overall I think you could find a better concealer for the same price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is subpar as a concealer, but I love this as a foundation. Granted, it's very expensive as a foundation, but in my case it is better than wasting it. It's light, looks like skin and stays on. In my opinion it's like an improved version of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Similar coverage, similar look on the skin, but without the fragrance, high concentration of alcohol, and orange tinge it gives me. And really it's only a few bucks more than the Chanel (per oz.) If you're willing to buy that, you could use this, which in my opinion is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this as my under eye concealer and it works like a charm. It's an old stand by that I've been using for a number of years. I have fairly bad circles but no one would know with this. It doesn't settle in the fine lines or look too cakey like a lot of concealers can. I use my bare escentials concealer brush or my MAC 242 brush. A trick I learned was to always use under eye cream before using this and it looks flawless. I use nw25 on my nc40/nw35 skin. I always get tons of compliments with this and would never see a reason to change concealers. This is a light to medium coverage so I use a different concealer to hide post acne scars and dark marks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

When I first got this, I wasn't happy with it at all. I desperately needed some concealer and Mac didn't have the solid pig version if my colour in stock so I had to purchase the liquid version, was not happy with it at all! Then... I discovered a new way of getting an awesome coverage! After applying foundation apply the liquid concealer with your fingers and leave it for about 10-15 seconds, it becomes 'tacky' and provides a much better long lasting coverage, it's also more effective to use your fingers as appose to a concealer brush as there is a lot of waste. Hope this has been helpful! Mac very rarely release poorly designed products so where there is a will there's a way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC, I think it's a great easily available brand. I am however not the biggest fan of their face products. This concealer is decent but nothing really special. I use it manly to cover the occasional spots and to use as a final concealer on top of corrector and foundation. It stays put well, it has light medium coverage and it's easy to blend. It's overall okay, but I found some better performing and cheaper products elsewhere.

I will finish it and it won't be a pain to do so but it's nothing special or unique.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

good coverage but creases like a mofo

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this concealer, enough to say love actually...wen the MUA at mac put it on under my eyes i did not like it at all, it was cakey,mask like, and look horrible under lights...then again she didnt blend it out and put to much, i still decided to buy it as i liked the consistency and the highlight it gave (im an nw50 and got nw40) i was goin out that night and i used this concealer to highlight around my face and i loved it SO MUCH, it stayed all night, looked great in pictures and it didnt crease or settle into lines until after about 6 hrs which is amazing since bobbi brown, laura mercier, MUFE, tarte and most drugstore concealers crease after maybe 3 hrs...i dont like sqeezy packages as i always squeeze to much out but a little really goes a long way with this concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I bought this product as an under eye cover up, i have slightly blue circles.
First off this product is really quite liquid like, it's quite thin so it doesn't cover up my circles all too well, if i put a few layers on it will cover up but it would start looking quite mask like.
I would say this concealer if sheer to medium. I bought the NW15 it is really really pale, and a tiny tiny amount goes an extremely long way.
Since it is so thin it doesn't cake under the thin lines and skin of your eyes, which is why I bought it, but unfortunately it doesn't cover up too well, my blue circles are quite faint. So if you have quite dark under eye circles or blemishes, you'll need something more full coverage.

Instead of using this under my eyes, I use it as an eye shadow prep, and highlighter.
If you were to use this an an under eye concealer, it will last you a very long time.
I wouldn't repurchase this again.