September 1, 2014 | 1541 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

I dont understand all the negative reviews! This is a nice product, not sure it's worth 28 dollars. It removes my makeup in one swipe, which is what it's supposed to do. I cant imagine it working by using my hands though. I use one of those round cotton pads to take my makeup off. I used it on my eyes accidentally the other day and it didnt work so well and stung quite a bit. But for the face, this product is nice. Not sure I will repurchase, as I said before it's quite pricey (28 bucks).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works fine for me but I don't think it's better than any drugstore brand cleansing milk. I just a milk, it takes off my makeup... And that's about it. It comes in a pump bottle, I liked that. After using this, I switched back to L'Oréal DermaGenesis milk and tonic and I like it far better. It's far cheaper, softer on my skin and it makes my skin look more radiant in the morning.

Not bad, just not worth the price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by FlawlessLisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Luckily I got a sample at Sephora because if I'd purchased this product, I would have returned it. I use actives everyday on my face and rarely have a problem with burning but this product burned my face all over like never before. Actually, I made the mistake of removing my moisture barrier by using Retin-A and BP together before I knew better and EVERYTHING burned after that -- which is exactly what one use of this product felt like. Soooooo disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by ll22

I love Clinique products, but was disappointed with this one and will be returning...it really wouldn't take any makeup off my skin, but instead left and oily residue and some red bumps all over my face. This is surprising considering I have been using Clinique for about 10 years and never had a problem!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by st4cey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I have been using this for quite a while and found that it wasn't working, until I started following the instructions on the bottle. Before I used to use a cotton bud to remove the make up and then when I'd go to wipe my face after I rinsed it, I used to find foundation rubbing off onto the towel. However, I followed the instructions on the bottle and started using my hands to apply the milk to my face and it worked perfectly. The product melted my make up off better and found that it was pretty good. If you have issues with using your hands to apply the product, you can always add a drop of hot water to the cotton ball you have your product on to melt the product and make it more effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not think this product is as bad as the other reviews suggest. I have fairly sensitive skin, and this stuff is fine (okay, it needed some getting used to it and I did experience slight stinging, but just for the first time; I admit though I have not even tried to use it on my eyes). It removes my make-up, does not leave any residue, does not dry my skin out, does not break me out, has no fragrance (always a plus), and comes in a handy pump bottle. BUT it's incredibly uneconomical. I need at least 6 pumps to properly cleanse my face and neck, and I'm quite frustrated by the fact that a quarter of the bottle is already gone provided I only bought it two weeks ago! No way am I gonna repurchase although the cleansing properties are satisfactory; in the end it's really poor value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ngq01

Definately not something I would buy again. Struggling to even finish the first one when I bought it years ago. Break me out everytime I use it. (Took quite a few trials to realise this is the product which break me out) Feel greasy after each use, sting eyes when in contact, and the worst part is I CAN'T EVEN GET THE MASCARA OFF MY EYELASHES! ( Unless I rub my eyes for a couple of times which is SUPER harsh to my eyes)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. Honestly, I bought it because Clinique usually have nice products for the skin. Although it is not so bad, this product is too expensive for its quality. To really take your make up off, you have to use about 4 full pumps & mix it with a few drops of hot water. However, this will not take your waterproof mascara off. I’d suggest you use eye-make up remover in addition to this. I used to use Olay Total Effects 7-in1 Anti-Aging Cream Cleanser (Thai version, not the US or UK one) and it worked the same way. Bottom line: there is nothing special about this cleanser; I would rather stick to a regular drug store cleanser rather than spending this much for no differences. So, -1 for having to use so much of it to take the make up off, -1 for being useless for mascara, and -1 for the high price with no differences from regular market brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

I LOVE this makeup remover. It takes off everything, not just eye makeup, and doesn't leave any residue on my skin. It's a great step up from the Take The Day Off eye makeup remover, which is greasy. I love that this stuff is in a pump, so I can use Q-tips, cotton pads, my fingers, tissues, anything to apply and then wipe off. I haven't had any problems with skin irritation, but then again, I don't normally have any problems with that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

This product was honestly a waste of money. It takes a lot to remove my makeup and it leaves a very greasy feel on my face. This product also really sting my eyes if I accidentally get it in them. The stinging feeling lasts for at least 5-10 minutes.

I'm not a big fan of this product. The bottle it came in was nice, with a pump but it was way too expensive for not doing anything. Save your money and DO NOT purchase this!

Overall a very disappointing product.