Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.7

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

on 5/10/2012 1:13:00 PM

this stuff isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. at least not to me. i've never had problems with it stinging in my eyes, because i remove my eye make-up first with a separate make-up remover (almay oil-free eye make-up remover pads). i think that is key when you're using this product. i take about three pumps of this stuff and apply it to my dry face and neck, massage it in for a bit, then rinse it off with warm water and follow up with my olay cleanser. it did take some getting used to because it can feel a little greasy, but it does melt away the majority of my make-up. i wouldn't use this as a cleanser alone, but it's a very nice pre-cleanse. i probably wouldn't buy this again, this was a little splurge for myself. after i use this up i'll probably use baby wipes to remove make-up, which works just as well.

on 3/23/2012 11:26:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I find this cleansing milk removes makeup really well. I apply 4 pumps into my hands then apply to dry skin, rub in, then rinse. After rinsing I do follow with my cleanser and Clarisonic. This takes off mascara, foundation, and lipstick. Yes, it stings if it gets into your eyes so be careful. My main gripe with this is the price. I just find it a tad bit overpriced for a simple makeup remover.

on 9/4/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a facial makeup remover which didn't serve to its purpose. I just bought it and hoping it would remove my foundation. It did remove some of the foundation I put on but not thoroughly. I noticed my makeup didn't come off completely after using this. My biotherm cleanser can remove the same amount of makeup as this cleansing milk does. The Biotherm cleanser is just a cleanser, I don't expect it to remove my makeup completely. But I do expect this to remove all my foundations and concealers since this is after all a makeup remover.

So the bottom line, it does not remove makeup thoroughly and I will return it and will not purchase it again.

on 7/17/2011 6:28:00 PM

I dont understand all the negative reviews! This is a nice product, not sure it's worth 28 dollars. It removes my makeup in one swipe, which is what it's supposed to do. I cant imagine it working by using my hands though. I use one of those round cotton pads to take my makeup off. I used it on my eyes accidentally the other day and it didnt work so well and stung quite a bit. But for the face, this product is nice. Not sure I will repurchase, as I said before it's quite pricey (28 bucks).

on 5/19/2011 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Works fine for me but I don't think it's better than any drugstore brand cleansing milk. I just a milk, it takes off my makeup... And that's about it. It comes in a pump bottle, I liked that. After using this, I switched back to L'Oréal DermaGenesis milk and tonic and I like it far better. It's far cheaper, softer on my skin and it makes my skin look more radiant in the morning.

Not bad, just not worth the price tag.

on 5/19/2011 9:55:00 AM

Luckily I got a sample at Sephora because if I'd purchased this product, I would have returned it. I use actives everyday on my face and rarely have a problem with burning but this product burned my face all over like never before. Actually, I made the mistake of removing my moisture barrier by using Retin-A and BP together before I knew better and EVERYTHING burned after that -- which is exactly what one use of this product felt like. Soooooo disappointed!

on 4/9/2011 7:23:00 AM

I love Clinique products, but was disappointed with this one and will be returning...it really wouldn't take any makeup off my skin, but instead left and oily residue and some red bumps all over my face. This is surprising considering I have been using Clinique for about 10 years and never had a problem!!

on 3/20/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I have been using this for quite a while and found that it wasn't working, until I started following the instructions on the bottle. Before I used to use a cotton bud to remove the make up and then when I'd go to wipe my face after I rinsed it, I used to find foundation rubbing off onto the towel. However, I followed the instructions on the bottle and started using my hands to apply the milk to my face and it worked perfectly. The product melted my make up off better and found that it was pretty good. If you have issues with using your hands to apply the product, you can always add a drop of hot water to the cotton ball you have your product on to melt the product and make it more effective.

on 3/4/2011 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do not think this product is as bad as the other reviews suggest. I have fairly sensitive skin, and this stuff is fine (okay, it needed some getting used to it and I did experience slight stinging, but just for the first time; I admit though I have not even tried to use it on my eyes). It removes my make-up, does not leave any residue, does not dry my skin out, does not break me out, has no fragrance (always a plus), and comes in a handy pump bottle. BUT it's incredibly uneconomical. I need at least 6 pumps to properly cleanse my face and neck, and I'm quite frustrated by the fact that a quarter of the bottle is already gone provided I only bought it two weeks ago! No way am I gonna repurchase although the cleansing properties are satisfactory; in the end it's really poor value for money.

on 3/1/2011 6:19:00 AM

Definately not something I would buy again. Struggling to even finish the first one when I bought it years ago. Break me out everytime I use it. (Took quite a few trials to realise this is the product which break me out) Feel greasy after each use, sting eyes when in contact, and the worst part is I CAN'T EVEN GET THE MASCARA OFF MY EYELASHES! ( Unless I rub my eyes for a couple of times which is SUPER harsh to my eyes)