August 30, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavored Lip Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I got this as part of a set called "Fresh from the oven" along with red velvet cake lip gloss and vanilla cake lip gloss.
This looks a warm yellow in the tube (like the see-through tube, you know where you are with it), and comes out a pale peach, but is barely noticeable, there are gold shimmers in this, and it looks fine on my pale lips. The gloss is quite sticky, but I like that, I feel that it makes the gloss last and "stick" onto the lips through a drink and a snack which it does with ease.
It does smell and taste of very sweet cake mix and it is a bit too sickly, so 1 lippy off for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Jaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this gloss! I love the squeeze tube w/slanted tip applicator, and I LOVE the gold sparkles! Something else I love about this gloss is the fact that I don't have a craving for anything sweet, because I feel like I feed my sweet fix, which is nice because it's a completely healthy (bakery) sweet fix! I also love the fact that it's sticky because for me if the gloss is thick and sticky it stays on longer! I absolutely love this gloss!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by monster620girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the scent and taste of this, but it's just too sticky. I can't wear my hair down when I've got this on. This does not happen with most of my other lip glosses. It's tough because I love the idea of it and the scent/taste so much, but the stickyness is just too difficult to get over.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm the minority here since I don't LOVE this product. It goes on way too sticky for my taste. And my boyfriend says it's like kissing plastic. The smell is a little off for me also.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pdmum3

I really wanted to like this lip gloss, but its just not for me. I find this lipgloss way too sticky. I bought this in a valentines day set with 2 other glosses, i just couldnt resist the cute packageing! I also find this lip gloss way to sweet tasting, i think it smells really good but tastes too sweet. yuck. I guess i just dont like flavoured lip glosses, i probly should have considered this before buying three of them, being somewhat of a lipgloss addict, i got sucked in. I dont really find this product moisturizing, and i didnt really like the huge glitter it really shows on your lips. oh, and i also hate the tube too much squezes out and it gets all over. ughhh. oh well, im glad it works for some people though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by dirtyrockstar

I got this from sephora about 2 days ago. The things I like about the lipgloss is definatly the smell. I thought it smelled exactally like vanilla cake. I don't really mind the sticky feel to it. It is very moisturizing and fun to wear. It also stays on for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by tbarbrick3643

I consider myself a lip gloss FANATIC! And this is, by far, one of my favorites. It smells wonderful (tastes good too), goes on smooth (not sticky at all), and looks great on! I LOVE IT. I will be purchasing more of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ahanson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is too sticky!! It feels like glue, it smells good but that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by beautify84

I am always on the lookout for yummy smelling glosses. Especially if they are yummy and conditioning. Philosophy's lipshines are no exception. the shine, smell, texture & conditioning properties are fab! I purchased this for those long winter months. I love vanilla, and for the winter this is great. The scent is that of vanilla cake; creamy, decadant, lucious vanilly cake. The scent is also heavy, so I suggest that if you are not into the foody scents do not purchase this. The slanted tube it comes in keeps the gloss sanitary and easy to apply anywhere. The color is a golden butterscotch yellow with shimmer. When applied it gives a lovely, sexy, wet, shimmery sheen to the lips. Very moisturizing, a bit sticky, but not that of mac's lipglass. However, I still would not apply on a really windy day as your hair will get stuck to your lips hehe. I recommend this product whole heartedly - you will not be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am a big fan of Philosophy products...and the Lip Shines are no exception. I have used Mimosa for a while now, and decided to try a few others. I bought this one from Sephora for $10 (which is cheap IMO). I love the shine this gives. It has a little shimmer (not glitter) to it, so it really makes lips glossy and sparkly. The texture is thick and not slippery like MAC LipGelees. I definitely think these make my lips more moist. The scent it great too. Very yummy!