September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Graphblack

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by applecrumblexo

very pigmented yes, very smooth yes, but transfer and smudges like hell
I use it on my waterline hoping it'll stay put, 10 minutes later i have a full fledge raccoon eye.... hate it, i tried loving it cause it was so damn expensive, no matter how i try to use it, it still transfer, tight line, waterline, just omg dont buy this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by cheetahlicious

Very dark, works most of the time on my waterline. Sometimes I cannot make a thin line but I have to try harder. Rubs off a tiny bit and smeared a little on my inner corners but overall good just wish it was cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LashesNblush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my Holy Grail black eyeliner. Its insanely pigmented and stays put all day (for days if you really want!)

I particularly like this in the waterline and its very pigmented and stays put. Its quite thick and not very smudgey - you definitely can buff it out slightly, but don't try to use it like you would with MAC's Smolder.

I gave it 4 stars for the packaging b/c its a retractable liner and sometimes wish I could sharpen it to a finer point.
I also gave it 4 stars for the price, b/c I use this so much I buy one every 4 months or so.

I've yet to find a better eyeliner in black. so despite my mild woes, I re-purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg LOVEE! This is my favorite mac eyeliner. When I buy an eyeliner I want it to last on the waterline as well as the top. I tried the eye kohl in smoulder but it smudged waaay too freakin much. But this baby right here. . .it stays on most of the day, doesnt smudge, and glides on easy(: It does gather in the outer corner of my eyes but all my pencil liners do. The tip does tend to break if you're not careful so DO NOT roll it up more than you need. I wish mac would give a little more product for the price but it's not really a big deal. The second color i'm geting is smoothblue, to make my brown eyes pop. Mac's best eyeliner in my opinion and i hope they never get rid of this. BUY IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by helloitsme93

The best black pencil eyeliner that I have tried so far. However, it is not as smudge proof as the brownborder. I was disappointed when it started smudging on me because the brownboarder works so well. Although it is the best black pencil I've tried, I probably wouldn't repurchase because I feel like there are better ones out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer below, i have been using Clinique Quickliner for years and so i purchased the MAC Technakohl to try.

I am really happy with the quickliner - it stays put and does not smudge. The technakohl is very good - a deeper black than the quickliner. I think the technakohl goes on easier and smoother and is much easier for lining the lid than the quickliner. I have used technakohl on the lower lash line and whilst it glided on smoothly and with good colour, it did smudge a little where as the quickliner does not do this.

Hmmmnnn... it's tough to choose between the two, but i have ended up using technakohl to line my upper lash line (not lid) and then either clinique quickliner in black to line my lower lash line (softer look) or clinique intense quickliner in intense black (dramatic/stronger look).

They cost about the same and i suppose i could use quickliner to line my upper lash line, but i love the fact that the technakohl is really smooth to apply and so there are no tears when i line my upper lash line using it!

Hope this helps you...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

I think this liner has better staying power than Smolder, and I much prefer the packaging because you don't need to carry a sharpener and the thickness of the lead is always the same. I am on my third stick and will most likely buy another once this one is done.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by loobs202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how soft this is. It goes on really smoothly without dragging the skin. It doesn't stay on my waterline but I have yet to find an eyeliner that does. Think I might try this in a black/brown next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by pixiedust28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was shocked to see such a low rating on this product! It has become my HG liner for my waterline after the first use. I used to swear by MACís Fluidline for the waterline for years. It was my mission since I started wearing makeup to find something that didnít have to be checked for smudges every half hour and reapplied at the same time. Fluidline was my dream come true after 15 years of searching, but I just happen to casually ask a SA if she could recommend anything in pencil form for the waterline. I didnít have great expectations, but she recommended this and I had a gift card to use, so I figured worst case I could use it for top of my lid. I threw it on quickly just to try it and forgot about it. It was 5 hours later when I happen to look at it and it was still set in place without a smudge or fade. I will note here that it is VERY black on me. I honestly couldnít be any happier with this product. Since the Fluidline lasted so well on my waterline, I didnít really mind taking the few extra minutes to have to use a brush, but this just cuts that step and can more easily be thrown in my makeup bag for on the go use. I have a steady hand for a brush, but why not cut steps if you can? I

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by gaohuian

This was my first eyeliner and first MAC product I ever got, so I didn't have very high standards then. I loved how natural the black was when I used it as a liner, very good for cat eyes. I love how it's a twist type without needing a sharpener, very convenient especially for touchups outside. Hence, I've always repurchased.
However, after comparing with other eyeliner products I've gotten over the years, I have found cheaper alternatives. This one doesn't go on as smoothly as my Milani liquify (costs S$10) and Solani eyeliner (Taiwan cult product which is even cheaper). Technakohl smudges too, but it is better after application of eye primers.
For S$29, you can do better.