MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/11/2012 4:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product since I have been looking for a decent kohl eyeliner, however this eyeliner smudges like crazy! I am really disappointed since it cost a bit of money (in New Zealand MAC is very expensive!!). It does glide smoothly and the packaging is impressive. One time I just applied it on my top waterline and a few hours later I got smudges on my lower line giving me racoon eyes.

on 8/10/2012 1:31:00 AM

BEST EYELINER EVER
I have been buying it for almost 3 years now and it is the best ever.
LASTS LONG,NO SMUDGING,EASY TO REMOVE love it!!!
My first MAC technakohl lasted for almost 6 months.It doesnt smudge even if is 50 degrees in summer & I live in India!!!

very pigmented yes, very smooth yes, but transfer and smudges like hell
I use it on my waterline hoping it'll stay put, 10 minutes later i have a full fledge raccoon eye.... hate it, i tried loving it cause it was so damn expensive, no matter how i try to use it, it still transfer, tight line, waterline, just omg dont buy this

Very dark, works most of the time on my waterline. Sometimes I cannot make a thin line but I have to try harder. Rubs off a tiny bit and smeared a little on my inner corners but overall good just wish it was cheaper.

on 6/19/2012 5:11:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail black eyeliner. Its insanely pigmented and stays put all day (for days if you really want!)

I particularly like this in the waterline and its very pigmented and stays put. Its quite thick and not very smudgey - you definitely can buff it out slightly, but don't try to use it like you would with MAC's Smolder.

I gave it 4 stars for the packaging b/c its a retractable liner and sometimes wish I could sharpen it to a finer point.
I also gave it 4 stars for the price, b/c I use this so much I buy one every 4 months or so.

I've yet to find a better eyeliner in black. so despite my mild woes, I re-purchase again and again.

hii

on 6/1/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Omg LOVEE! This is my favorite mac eyeliner. When I buy an eyeliner I want it to last on the waterline as well as the top. I tried the eye kohl in smoulder but it smudged waaay too freakin much. But this baby right here. . .it stays on most of the day, doesnt smudge, and glides on easy(: It does gather in the outer corner of my eyes but all my pencil liners do. The tip does tend to break if you're not careful so DO NOT roll it up more than you need. I wish mac would give a little more product for the price but it's not really a big deal. The second color i'm geting is smoothblue, to make my brown eyes pop. Mac's best eyeliner in my opinion and i hope they never get rid of this. BUY IT.

on 5/27/2012 9:04:00 PM

The best black pencil eyeliner that I have tried so far. However, it is not as smudge proof as the brownborder. I was disappointed when it started smudging on me because the brownboarder works so well. Although it is the best black pencil I've tried, I probably wouldn't repurchase because I feel like there are better ones out there.

on 4/24/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like the reviewer below, i have been using Clinique Quickliner for years and so i purchased the MAC Technakohl to try.

I am really happy with the quickliner - it stays put and does not smudge. The technakohl is very good - a deeper black than the quickliner. I think the technakohl goes on easier and smoother and is much easier for lining the lid than the quickliner. I have used technakohl on the lower lash line and whilst it glided on smoothly and with good colour, it did smudge a little where as the quickliner does not do this.

Hmmmnnn... it's tough to choose between the two, but i have ended up using technakohl to line my upper lash line (not lid) and then either clinique quickliner in black to line my lower lash line (softer look) or clinique intense quickliner in intense black (dramatic/stronger look).

They cost about the same and i suppose i could use quickliner to line my upper lash line, but i love the fact that the technakohl is really smooth to apply and so there are no tears when i line my upper lash line using it!

Hope this helps you...

on 3/17/2012 12:28:00 PM

I think this liner has better staying power than Smolder, and I much prefer the packaging because you don't need to carry a sharpener and the thickness of the lead is always the same. I am on my third stick and will most likely buy another once this one is done.

on 3/4/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love how soft this is. It goes on really smoothly without dragging the skin. It doesn't stay on my waterline but I have yet to find an eyeliner that does. Think I might try this in a black/brown next time.