Cover Girl Outlast Double LipShine

3.2

I LOVEE this product. :) I orginally bought it for a dance performance in cabernet, which looked bright enough in the tube. However, it went on really dark, so I only used a really thin coat. The gloss part smells really good, something vanilla-y. I'm addicted to using the gloss alone, so I usually run out of that first. However, the lipstick part looks raelly bad without the gloss, which is a con. I would definitly buy this again, maybe in a lighter color?

on 1/17/2010 3:50:00 PM

Ickey ickey ickey. These 2-step systems usually work well, but not here. You're supposed to wait a couple of minutes for the color to dry before putting on the actual gloss. If you don't keep your lips apart, they practically get glued together! The gloss won't last ( nevermind outlast) a few sips of water or soda and has to be re-applied constantly. Otherwise, the color starts to flake off. I want to WEAR lip gloss, not eat it.

on 1/13/2010 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, i bought this in 215 today because it was on sell for, like, 2 or 3 bucks. The tube it comes in is very handy, i don't like looking for lipstick then lipgloss too, them being connected is nice.

Now, the color. I got it in 215 and found it was a little darker then i thought it'd be but not in a bad way. The lipgloss isn't that shiny but it's okay, keeps somewhat shiny. No idea how long it lasts yet, though.

I'd buy it again, if it was on sale :)

on 12/7/2009 11:37:00 PM

I bought this in 'Candy Apple'. I was initially displeased with this as it flaked off after about half an hour - however I realized that the reason this happened was because I'd put too much on. You really only need a light slick or two of this - before it dries it feels just like a sheer lipstick. Once it starts to dry, you have to be careful not to let your lips touch - otherwise the tackiness of the drying colour sticks together and ruins the stay of the product. Admittedly, the product feels quite drying - I wasn't expecting anything less from something that's supposed to stick to your lips for hours. However, my lips felt fine after I'd taken it off (using an oil-based shake-to-use make up remover). Anything oil based will take the colour off. Vaseline works alright to take it off. The gloss on the other end is nice; smells lightly of vanilla and maybe cinnamon and has an ok lasting power. The balm that comes with the CG Outlast lipcolour (I have this in Ever Red-y as there was a 2 for 1 promo on) is better imho, The colour lasts pretty well through drinking and eating, however, as I mentioned, oily food will make it come off. As other reviewers have mentioned, its really annoying that once you take the shrink wrap off you have no idea what the colour is (apart from the colour number on the base) or what the thing is you've bought - I had to search thru all the reviews to find out what this product was even called. Overall, I'm really happy with the colour (it's addictive!) and the holding power of colour as well as the usefulness of having the gloss and colour together. It could last a little longer or wear a little more evenly, or have the name written on the tube.

on 12/4/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is O.K. Its not great, it dosen't last that long and you need to put on lip balm first to fill in any lines in your lips so when you smile it dosen't make it look like your lips crack when you smile. I like the packaging, with the lip color on one end and other with a clear lip gloss. it is very drying, and you need eye makeup remover to take it off. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/18/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

augh, i am so disappointed with this product! i bought two colours: ANTIQUE ROSE and CANDY APPLE...the colours look gorgeous on the tube and when you swatch them on your hand... they look very retro/1970s glam.....HOWEVER, i tried on the antique rose first and this made my lips sooooo dry and flakey. my lips looked swollen.......didn't bother trying the candy apple. I am going to return it and probably replace it with a Vinyl gloss from rimmel!!!!!!!

on 10/25/2009 11:22:00 PM

I was looking for a pale pink lipcolour with a glossy finish. I love the idea of this product - you apply the lip colour, let it set and finish with gloss. It's a two in one product really and looked beautiful when first applied. However, I find after the gloss wears off I'm left with flakey, gross looking lips. Its like the colour starts to peel away in patches, making it difficult to re apply over the top or remove. I have this in Tutu, which is a beautiful pale pink with gold sheen. However, I'm going to see if I can find this shade in another lip colour or gloss beacause the Outlast makes my lips look chunky and horrible after about an hour.

thus product is TERRIBLE.
All the makeup I have bought thus far, I have loved. Until today. I bought this because it was buy one get one free-- no wonder. It is horrible! I just ate lunch and thank god im home because it made my lips have little flakes of color on the outer rim and thanks all! It feels so dry and disgusting. I really regret buying this product and will try and return it. The colors are gorgeous though. So Ill give it a 1 for that.

on 8/22/2009 9:45:00 PM

I purchased this today in the shade 200. It's a light pink with gold undertones...about 1 shade lighter than my natural lip color. The color takes about 30 seconds to set & makes your lips feel very dry. I don't think this product it worth $8.50, but I would repurchase it -- since I love the color and it lasts pretty long.

I have this lip gloss in 285 which is a coral. It is applied in two steps – first the colour – which you let dry then sweep on the clear glossy top coat. I found this very drying and made my lips look cracked. It lasts but looks flakey and fake. I’ve moved on to L’Oreal Infallible which is head and shoulders above this one in texture, look, lastablity (is that a word?) and quality. I can’t recommend this one.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸-(iamsherazade)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸