Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 12/15/2012 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I got a sample of this mascara with my last Chanel purchase, and one day decided to give it a shot. I was soooo happy I did! Within 2 days, I had ordered the full size product! Mascara and I have always had a love/hate relationship, I love the way it looks but I LOATHE finding one that works for me. For years now I have bought hundreds of tubes hoping for a good fit but I merely end up tolerating the least worst one. Those days are gone!!! No clumps, amazing coverage, I finally have that thick, long, "false eyelash, but real" look I've tried and tried to accomplish. Don't even need a lash primer. I also have terribly watery eyes and was amazed when I learned this is not a waterproof formula because it never moved during the course of the day! Believe me, it's worth the splurge!
**EDIT**
Although my love affair with this mascara continues, I have found it's flaw and sadly had to remove a lippy for it :( after a few hours it starts to smudge badly. I am so disappointed because like I mentioned in my initial review, I LOVE the way this product looks and feels...plus I stink at mascara application and this stuff applies like a breeze. Gonna check out the waterproof formula to see if that helps...to be continued...

on 10/4/2012 3:54:00 AM

This is one of my favourite day-to-day mascaras. I use 30 Noir-Brun which is a very dark (almost blackened) brown as I am very blonde and I need a slight less intense colour around my blue eyes.

I have fairly long full lashes to begin with so I only looking for something that darkens my super blonde lashes to a dark colour, plus something to hold the curl. This mascara is brilliant in both aspects.

Since it is not waterproof it is very easy to take off at the end of the day.

on 9/17/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not impressed by this product. It is a decent mascara, not at all better than the good drugstore products but costs about 3x as much. One day, I wore this on one eye and L'oreal Telescopic (which is not even my favorite) on the other and at the end of the day, you couldn't tell which was which. I wouldn't recommend spending money on this.

on 8/30/2012 2:46:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever tried! Absolutely fantastic, I don't wanna try any other mascara, this is the best I found!

on 8/15/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am telling everyone please dont buy it u ll be dissappointed surely. it is excpensive and u get a shit in return. I bought it 3 monthes earlier and I just was so disappointed i wanted throw away. I acctually was in hurry when i bought it in debenhams and I think if i had normally enough time i would try its sample first and perhaps that would be as bad as its own. Sometimes samples are better anyway. I am putting this review because I just dont want them keep cheating ppl like this. this mascare does not deserve 2 pounds even!

on 7/17/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not my favorite and very overrated. will never wear again

on 7/12/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very disappointed by my first self-bought high-end mascara: Chanel Inimitable. I wish someone had suggested me to stop eyeing this mascara.

on 6/4/2012 2:37:00 AM

Purchased this while I was waiting on my delayed flight at the airport. I love the classy packaging. Black and gold is a very good combination :) To rate the mascara's performance, I would say it is average. Nothing too spectacular. The positive is that my lashes were soft and feathery even with the product on and incredibly easy to remove. Negatives - Not waterproof, no lengthening or curling power. Lashes are straight and lifeless. I don't think it is worth the price.

on 5/17/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like this a lot.
The GOOD:
This can be worn so many ways - one coat is more natural and gives me lovely soft lashes, but it is very build-able, without being clumpy and can give me stunning false-looking lashed with 3-4 coats. It stays all day (regular version, not waterproof) and comes off with no problems at night. I also really like the brush, it give great seperation and coverage. The formula is a really nice, and goes on really well. I like the brush, it's small enough to get into the corners of my eyes, and gives really good seperation.

The BAD:
I'm not gonna lie, this is expensive. But for me it's worth it :)

I prefer Inimitable intense, because I find the colour a little richer and nicer, but this is still lovely. I would re-buy if I couldn't get intense, but they are so similar I wouldn't have both at once.

on 5/8/2012 8:13:00 AM

For me, I didn't find this to be a great mascara. I have long fair lashes that don't need lengthening - just volumizing, darkening and a bit of curl. I don't think this is a suitable mascara for somebody that needs that extra volume - for me, it kept my lashes stick straight and thin but made them look longer and darker - so basically stuck straight out a long way! However, for somebody that has really short lashes, this may be a good mascara for them. Just not my personal favourite for what you pay!