September 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by AudreyAndrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My overall rating is 4 out of 5 because this isn't a product I use often. When I do use it, though, it's very effective at doing what I want it to do, which is simply evening out my bare skin. I have a few red spots plus a patch of psoriasis, and this powder covers them just enough without my having to fuss with concealer and foundation. It also gives me a more natural "skin" look than my foundation does, because my foundation is the discontinued hyper-real which photographs like I'm a model but in real life gives me too much pink and too much shimmer. I stipple the mineralize on with a fan brush across my t-zone (minus the tip of my nose) and the trouble spots. It takes less than a minute. Mineralize lasts on my skin for about 8 hours, no reapplication needed. If I apply on skin that hasn't been recently well-exfoliated, it will separate a bit. So all the more reason to take care of my skin regularly! It doesn't control shine, but that's alright because I'm not uptight about matte finishes and I can always just thrown some of my Benefit powder on my nose, which is totally different kind of powder and make my face look overdone, dry or cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

my go to setting powder! I use the medium deep shade, it works beautifully with studio fluid on my skin type. adds a little glow to the matte finish foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by MoisesFlawless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always sticked to my loose setting powder until one of my friends told me to try this product out. I'm going to make this simple ... This powder feels lightweight and has a very nice light coverage to it so that's a + and that's about the only good thing this product does. The staying power SUCKS! The first hour it looks velvety soft but after an hour or so this powder has creased into the fine lines and just makes you look older. It also tends to break apart your makeup if you're using something full coverage with it such as studio fix, studio sculpt, etc ... it tends to OXIDIZE! I always like having that beautiful pale porcelain skin and after an hour my friends tell me how'd I get so tan! WTF?! it's also not really recommended for oily skin people, this has no type of oil control to it, matter of fact it makes you even more oily. For summer, forget it! So if you want to look like a cakey mess, go for it. Would I repurchase this powder? fuck no! I'm going to stick to my loose powder and my translucent powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. For the quality of the product I think 20 dollars is more realistic. It definitely doesnt keep me matte really at all, but it does have a really nice light coverage if you dont want too heavy of a powder. Applying this really lightly with a non dense fluffy brush seemed to work best for me. I tried packing it on with a flat top kabuki and that was a horrible idea. It looked really cakey. And I do understand that it isnt supposed to be a powder foundation. So all in all I would repurchase and I think its great for someone with normal or dry skin, and someone who wants a light natural like coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by annajaneporee

I really love this powder, it is so nice and light. I use mac studio fix in nw18 then apply this. It gives my skin a lovely glow and hides imperfections, doesn't sink into fine lines either. I get quite dark under my eyes and I find this brightens that area up beautifully. I havnt worn it by itself yet so I can't comment on that as I like a bit more coverage. Love it will definitely keep buying even though it is a little expensive...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Like all MAC products this tends to oxidize and go red. Therefore the only use I have for it is as a bronzer, to add a gradient effect to my contouring and on the outer perimeter of my face to add dimension. I have this in dark which was my first mistake because I allowed the MAC rep to convince me this was the right shade for me. I dont judge it based on the colour being off at all though.

These are my grievances:
1. It does look very natural when first applied, skin like, and in that sense it lives up to the claim but after a short while, as mentioned, it goes orange/red. I would find it impossible to even wear on its own for this reason.

2. It does nothing to control oil.

3. The compact has no mirror. Come on man! For that price tag a tiny mirror for touch ups cant possibly break the bank.

The good:
1. It seems to have a slight sheen to it. Not quite a shimmer so it gives a healthy glow to the face for those who are not fans of the matte look. This is one of the few things I absolutely admire about this. The effect is flattering on any age skin and makes one look incredibly awake and youthful.

2. The coverage on me is light to medium depending on application but it never looks powdery regardless how much is applied.

Over all I find it expensive and, as a confessed and unapologetic makeup junkie, I find that the L.A Colors Mineral Pressed Powder in Toffee is incredibly close to Dark with the edge that it can be worn alone with no oxidization. Toasted Almond is very close to MSFN in Medium Deep and it is a fraction of the price, $3 or $4 bucks compared to $33. Unfortunately the L.A. Colors also falls short on keeping shine at bay if worn alone without primer but the finish is equally natural and lovely.

So no, although I keep this product in my everyday makeup bag when I run out I shall not repurchase. I honestly only even use it just to try and finish it up to justify having spent the $33. I have loads of the LA Girl in both Toffee and Almond. Those work just as well and are very budget friendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-Very natural finish
-Sets makeup well
-Doesn't break me out

CONS:
-Doesn't keep me matte

Overall: I like this powder. It lives up to its claims as a nice, natural setting powder. However it does not keep me matte throughout the day, not by a long shot. After I apply concealer to my problem areas, I lightly dust this over my face and it really makes my skin look radiant. The shade I use is dark. So after I get to school and get through two periods I go to the bathroom to make sure that I'm not a walking oil slick. I wouldn't say that I was super oily with this powder alone, but shiny enough that I had to blot. So the next day I tried using this with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder underneath (I do not like the Rimmel powder alone but I thought the combination might work) and I think it helped. But I still don't have the matte look that I want. So bottom line: good setting powder, but I will have to continue my search for a powder that will keep me matte all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty average powder- sets well, doesn't really cake, keeps that glow, doesn't break me out etc but I fail to understand why some people think it's amazing. It's nothing special tbh. I don't think I'll repurchase because other highstreet powders (bourjois) and higher end ones (hourglass) do the same or better job. And it's not one of those emergency products I keep either like the mc studio fix plus foundation powder that I keep on days my skin needs help

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

Love love love this powder. Love the finish, use it alone or with foundation. Always get a bunch of complements on my skin when I wear this. Coverage is great. The packaging is durable dropped one a lot of times finally broke when it fell off a high dresser on tile. I just love it and have bought about three so far and will continue! The finish is outta this world looks so natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I am on my second compact of this MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium. I use this for my entire face, or simply under my eye and around my nose. It's considerable coverage means I can use this to even out my bare skin on those days I am rushed, or as a setting powder for foundation or concealer. The product has no smell, no creasing, no shimmer/sparkle of any description. I love it.