MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Tocopherol , Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 5/20/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to love this. I really did. This review won't apply for the vast, vast majority (like.. 99.5%) of people, but if you have sensitive skin like me, maybe it'll help. As a preface, I have very sensitive skin and can use almost nothing on it: no sunscreen, no liquid foundation, no glitter (I shuddered at just writing that), no oils - nothing. For makeup, all I've been able to use the last few years was Mac's mineralize. It was the only pressed powder that didn't break me out in acne, hives, chemical burns, and weird raised bumps that are extremely painful.

I think they've changed their formula, though. I ran out of my old powder and went to the store to get a new one, and now (a week later) my face is bright red, with little bumps everywhere, and it covered in weird dry/oily patches. The only thing I've changed is the makeup - so I have to assume it's that. Given this, I definitely will not be buying this makeup again (I'm going to go return it, actually) and will have to start the process of finding a suitable makeup all over again..yay.

on 5/13/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I'm in love with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I love the glow that it provides, as well as the amazing finish. I wear it on a daily basis to set my foundation & I always get compliments on my makeup. Definitely one of MAC's best products.

Love this powder. I have used it for almost 10 years. I have dry to combo skin and it doesn't look powdery. I just repurchased a new compact and it came in the new packaging!!!!! The new packaging is so much better. It is travel friendly so I am so excited to be able to reapply on the go. Previously I used a different powder for touchups due to the old packaging.

on 4/26/2014 4:00:00 AM

Amazing product! I used to use it as a setting powder over my MAC Moisture Mineral Foundation. Recently, however, I found out that it also looks beautiful on its own! Very natural and beautiful velvet finish! I would say that it is an alrounder and I even like it more than my Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte.

This broke me out and made my skin oily unfortunately cause of the bismuth.
I really wanted to love this, the coverage is perfect. It looks so natural on the skin.
The packaging is PERFECT. I really hope MAC will remove the bismuth..

on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL finish..loved it, but think it broke me out :(
If you don't have problematic skin and want a pretty soft natural no make up finish..give it a try

on 3/25/2014 3:49:00 PM

Really love this as a setting powder. I used to hate setting my liquid or cream foundations with powder because of the powdery almost cakey finish it had. However, this powder doesn't give that powdery look. It has a slight sheen that makes it look really natural on the skin. I initially applied this with a sponge from MAC (recommended by the SA) which was alright, but seemed a little thick. Now I either use a large powder brush and pat the powder onto my face or use a kabuki brush. Will repurchase until I find a better powder. Btw, I'm an NC30 and use Medium Plus.

on 3/21/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! I've been using it a half year now, and i'm still absolutely in love with this product! I have really dry skin, but i can still use this product without looking cakey! It's not too matte, but there isn't shimmer into it, it just looks natural! I have a couple of friends who also own one, and they love this product too! And one of them has oily skin and the other has normal skin, so i think it works great on all skin types! I will definitely buy it again!

on 3/12/2014 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a new purchase but I'm loving it. I'm using it mostly over the top of mac face and body foundation to set it and a little more coverage. I got this instead of repurchasing studio fix powder which ive been using for three years just to update my kit and keep on trend with the dewy look thats been popular rather than looking powdery from the studio fix. The mac girl who helped me said they all use that powder and i can see why its a staff fav!

on 2/15/2014 5:19:00 AM

Great powder! Love the finish and does not feel heavy or cakey on the skin. I have a very oily t-zone so have to top up during the day if needed but over all great setting powder.