January 31, 2015 | 890 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Honey Shea Butter Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lyssn2me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees thoroughly therapeutic honey and shea butter (whew) is a wonderful body butter with a very sweet honey (sort of overbearing) scent. I didn't realize that this moisturizer is not 100% fragrance free until after I bought this but it is 99.01% natural! And that is MORE than most moisturizers can say.

I always try lotions on my face even though they are recommended for the body only (ha). I don't know why, but I feel the real test for moisturizers is the face, and since mine is extremely sensitive it is a hugeee test for me. You are probably thinking why would I even put myself through that knowing that it might cause a reaction?! Well I am risk-taker damn it!

Anyway, this stuff smells super duper sweet. When you open the jar it literally looks like whooped butter but hardened. I like the way it lathers, it is not too greasy either. The smell is a little overbearing (but not as bad as their honey lip balm) and it is great for the body! (wow).

I will keep this one in my bag, and use it for my arms and legs, but anywhere on my neck and face gives me a headache (sigh).

For some reason, Burt's Bees is still not my favorite brand. Lots of people rave about them because of how natural it is, but did you hear it might be merging with another company and they may be adding petroleum to their products?? Not good!! Try and buy their products before they start replacing some natural ingredients for cheap petroleum!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a burt's fanatic, but i didn't find this lotion moisturizing enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by vearl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells HEAVENLY!!! It has a similiar scent to the honey & orange wax body lotion, at first I was a little dissapointed since I wanted to try a new scent, but it turned out that this smells better, more honey and there's a hint of nuts in it (There's little difference between them, but the orange wax one is a bit lighter). The texture is really buttery, but to me it's not too thick at all, but at the same time I am used to Burt's Bees body lotions (I tried most of them), which are usually thicker than other brands' lotions. It does feel a tiny little bit sticky after applying it, but nothing uncomfortable at all. The price is slightly higher than the regular body lotions, but I would repurchase this just because of the scent, and also I like the texture better. Plus there's a lot of product in it, and you don't have to put your finger in and try really hard to get the last bit of product out, which always happen to me when using the Burt's Bees lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by kittje

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I apply it on my legs and arms after I get out of the shower. It is very thick and takes some rubbing in, and will feel a bit sticky after application. But you can feel the difference a day after, my skin has never been so soft or smooth! Another good burts product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by laninadiva

I really like this body butter! For the last four months, I have tried 4 different body butters and this one is my favorite. I like the fact that it is a Burt's Bees product and is more natural than most products. The texture is very light and fluffy, a whipped consisitency. My favorite part is the way it smells. It smells like honey straight out of the honey bear to me. I love honey so this is a win for me. The only bummer is it takes about an hour for it to sink in your skin. After you apply it, it seems just to sit there for awhile and makes your skin greasy. But once, it soaks in, it is very moisturizing. It doesn't irritate my skin either. It seems to be very mild. Also, a little scoop is enough body butter to coat my whole body so this tub should last a good long time. The price was nice. I got it at Whole Foods on sale for $9.99. I think this one is a winner, I will purchase it again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shea based body cream is more light and fluffy than rich and creamy. It has a subtle honey scent that does last for an hour or two after application. It absorbs fairly well, but leaves a slightly tacky feel to the skin for the first 30 minutes. It moisturizes adequately, but I wouldn't call it a great product. It will suffice for the spring and summer months, but definitely not mositurizing enough for the winter months.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product for the natural ingredients and the overall great effects on the skin, but I just can't get around the sticky texture and strong food-like smell. Blocks the skin pores so much at first it makes me sweat. That feeling goes away but the strong scent lingers. OK if you want to smell like a bakery all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by roma18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this body butter three days ago, and have been using it every night on my arms, and legs.. it is a little greasy for about 15 minutes after applications, but I cant believe how soft , and moisturized my skin is a day after, the moisturizing effect aren't apparent immediately. I use a plastic soon to get a scoop, and that enough for both my arms, and legs, alittle goes a long way. Definately will repurchase this again, might try the different flavors as well..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Genia1

I use Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey Shea Butter Body Butter for cleansing my face. I used to use Lush's Ultra Bland, which was pretty good. But this body butter does an even better job, because it cleanses really well without drying out my face in the least. It also doesn't leave as much of a waxy build-up as Ultra Bland does. I always have to cleanse twice if I'm wearing makeup, and I find that Weleda's Almond Face Cleanser does a great job of quickly removing makeup, but that it leaves my face a little red if I use it exclusively. So, at night I use Almond Face Cleanser to cleanse off my makeup, then follow that by cleansing again with Burt's Body Butter. In the morning, I just use Burt's Body Butter.

I cut a flour sack towel into facial cloth sized pieces because it thoroughly removes oil based cleanser and is thin enough to rinse well. I run hot water over one of these cloths and use it to remove Amond Face Cleanser or Burt's Body Butter. I just keep rinsing the cloth under hot water and wiping my face until it's clean.

This routine is working really well on my seborrheic, acne-prone skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicah1983

this is GREAT for eczema!! i've tried eucrin cream (too greasy) and steroid creams, this is the only thing that really works. And its not greasy.