April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by hollisterco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

Well it's time for EDM and I to part company. I've been using EDM foundation for many years 5+ and was sure I would never use anything else. It went on smooth, lasted all day, didn't look like I was wearing makeup, no caking, perfect. I liked all the foundation formulations too (apart from pressed) and used them for different looks (o'glow for a natural look, semi for work, matte for evening and intensive in the summer etc). I stocked up (took advantage of the bulk buy discounts so I have not had to reorder since they changed their ingredients.
So I ran out and ordered another lot, and to my horror it's completely different! It goes on evenly but looks like a mask (bought all the formulations, even o'glow looks fake) and then after about an hour it goes caking and blotchy and I can see patches, especially on my nose, where the makeup kind of congeals, yuk. I tried using primers and finishing powders to prevent this but to no avail.
I emailed EDM asking if they still had any old stock or if they would consider making a batch [as I know from this forum and elsewhere that many of you don't like the new formulation with lauroyl lysine] but they never replied (not surprising given their customer service!). So I felt I should share this experience as I think many readers may purchase EDM based on reviews of the old foundation - which was awesome.
I've moved on Silk Naturals which hasn't been around as long as EDM and is (so far) very good indeed. Can't get a good colour match from any others e.g. Lily Lolo so this was the obvious choice. I used EDM golden medium in winter and olive medium in summer so need yellow and green undertones).
I hope this helps!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by AllMyBells9607

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With spring and summer approaching, I recently decided to switch over from the Fair Semi-Matte formula I use in the winter months to EM's Sunkissed Fair in the Intensive formula. I generally have very oily skin in the warmer months and find that the Intensive formula works well to keep me shine free. I do sometimes find that it gets kind of "cakey" after wearing it all day (even in the winter). When this happens I generally try to blot my face the best I can and reapply, which I sometimes find doesn't give me as even coverage and then my brushes need to be cleaned sooner than my usual once-a-week.

Overall though, I will definitely be sticking to EM's makeup line for hopefully a long time to come. I find it extremely affordable and healthy for my skin type. I used to be a fan of Bare Minerals, but after developing cystic acne from using their original formula, I quickly decided to stop. Even though I just started using EM's in the spring of 2010, I have not since noticed that it made my acne worse. I have not gotten another cyst since using it and while my acne continues to be very mild, EM's Semi-Matte and Intensive formulas have never made it increase in severity and my skin overall is not irritated, itchy, or red during or after using.

In regards to Everyday Minerals customer service... well, I can't say a whole lot, because I've only had two concerned communications with them. One was a concern I had about receiving a Lippie that I felt the color was very inaccurate compared to what it looked like online and the other was about a 'Promo' not being included in my order. In both instances, the CS reps were very understanding and helpful though. They forwarded my concerns for the correct people to handle and even went as far as sending me replacement items free of shipping to correct the matter. Overall, all three of my orders have been filled and received within a speedy time and I've been happy. Thanks EM! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Pernii

Used to looove it! But now I break out as never before!! And the customer service is shit. Think it is because they've become more "famous".. Not buying this again, unfortenatly

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't use the intensive formula as a foundation, to heavy for me (use the original glo). I got a sample of this and using it as a concealer instead. It's perfect for that. It covers everything.
So if you get a sample that fits your skin tone but don't want to wear all over your face - use as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the intensive foundation I purchased 4 years ago. Some have said the formula has changed since then. I was addicted to EDM 4-5 years ago and I still have a decent-sized stash of foundation and dozens of blushes.

I love this foundation. I have severe hyperpigmentation all over my face, but I swear with this foundation you don't even see the acne marks in photographs. I look like I have normal, glowy skin. The coverage is great and it is really fast and easy to apply.

It does look cakey sometimes, especially when you first apply. As well, blotting throughout the day is necessary for me because I feel the makeup makes me a lot shinier than I otherwise would be. So yes, there are a couple of cons but for me it's worth dealing with to get the great coverage.

One thing I really love about mineral foundation is that you can really get creative with it and customize your own colours. I am slightly fairer in the winter time, so I add some lighter foundation I received as samples into my Light Neutral. I found that adding yellow-based foundation to pink-based foundation makes a neutral colour.

I am obsessed with cleanliness so I have a system. I keep my current blend of foundation in a medium-size container and pour some out into an empty full-size container each time I apply makeup. I try to use a clean full-size container every one or two uses. I find this works very well for me and eliminates the possibility that bacteria in my makeup is breaking me out.

Although this stuff is worth buying again, I have heard great things about Alima so when I need more foundation, that is where I will turn.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by becomingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be Everyday Mineral's #1 fan! But their products and customer service is just a mess! The intensive base used to be creamy and sink in like a second skin, but now it is chalky, caky and just sits on top! The company has changed its philosophy and the quality of their product. It never used to break me out and now my cheeks are a mess with under the skin cysts that take months to subside. I am so upset! I bought 12 containers last time I ordered since I thought it was my HG. UGH UGH UGH. Save your skin the inflammation and scarring! Worst of all, when I contacted EDM they were sarcastic and downright rude. A few times they didn't answer and others they openly didn't care about my frustration.

I've started looking into Cat Cosmetics. Only a few ingredients and I've heard rave reviews about the people behind the brand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kathleen2989

i like the intensive formula out of all the other bases. It has the best coverage and the other bases had a little shimmer in it which i don't like. the intensive doesn't. it has good coverage and it is buildable but the only thing i don't like about this is that it makes my skin look kind of cakey and i have to put moisturizer everytime before i wear this. but so far, this is the best foundation i have tried. i've been using clinique perfectly real compact the last couple years but i think this wins it over. the EM foundation matches with my skin tone more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG mineral makeup. I like a lot of coverage but I don't like it to feel or look like I have a lot coverage. This product is so perfect. It covers amazing and my skin always looks flawless. They have so many colors to choose from so your not limited like other brands and its so cheap! I get compliments on my skin and foundation all the time. I have sensitive skin that gets irritated and breaks out very easily and this stuff never causes me break outs. It's been a God sent. I try other mineral makeups but I always return to EM. For the intensive formula, its better to take out the sifter to get the product bc the minerals seem to be a little thicker then the original glow or other formulas. I found that the intensive formula can also double as a concealer when applied with a concealer brush. This product is great and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sscheergirl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me, what is most fabulous about this foundation...is no bismuth oxychloride. HURRAY! My mineral foundation does not itch! This foundation evens out my skin tone like no foundation ever has- and it looks natural. It looks like my real skin- not skin with foundation on it- but clear glowing skin...even if I have blemishes underneath. It makes redness disappear on me. I kind of feel like it's a magic eraser for my face lol!

The price blows me away..it's $12 ..which is a fraction of what other foundations cost. The sifting jars are nice. You can close the sifter part, then screw on the top- so when you open it up again..you don't have product flailing everywhere. (I wish mineral eyeshadow came like this)
I will buy this OVER and OVER again. I have been wearing/covering with mac for years..but this foundation has changed my skin for the better! I want to yell it from the roof tops! HA!

For reference I'm a mac nc25 (on the lighter end)...I use EM fairly light neutral...and it is a perfect match! If you are a darker nc25 this may be too light for you.