Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder

4.2

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, may contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica

I'd been wanting this for ages so when it went on sale for $13 on ASOS i quickly bought it. I'm not a huge bronzer fan so I have no real need for shimmering bronzers. I do love contouring though and this is a little pale for my skintone to show up as a contour so I use it to set my cream contour and it works perfectly.

I love the packaging. I have the little cardboard packaging, not the plastic one they sell in Australia and I much prefer it. It feels very sturdy and practical.

on 6/6/2014 7:12:00 PM

I have this in the lighter shade 51 which is perfect for pale skin. It doesn't look orange at all it just gives a golden bronze colour . It doesn't smell of chocolate, it just smells sweet and the packaging is a little cheap looking but I'm using it daily because the colour and staying power of it is very good.

Edit: I'm changing this to a no because after using it for a while the bronzer seals itself. You then have to scrape the top off which means not only do you waste product it also means you pick up too much on the brush and the colour resembles an oompa lumpa with a fake tan . Bad look. The packaging has also become so dirty, it looks a mess , I'm going to have to throw it out .

Having in mind the price this is the best bronzer I ever used. The scent is delicious (smells like chocolate). The colour is very natural and matte. Lasts for ages on my skin. Not a product for very pale skin types. The only flaw is the packaging. I am missing the mirror or a brush. Or at least enough space to fit the brush so it's possible to carry it arround.

on 5/27/2014 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Best.bronzer.ever(and I've tried the lot). Love the long-lasting finish, the color, the glow it gives me, the lovely smell...everything. The shade 52 is perfect for my summer tan, and great for contouring in winter time. Great quality at a great price. It looks shimmery in the pan, but it really does not show on your skin. It's beyond gorgeous. People said I looked "fresh and healthy" when I started wearing it.

on 5/23/2014 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is such a amazing bronzer. I have very pale skin so trying to find a bronzer that does not make my face look orange is a challenge but this bourjois product works so well. It actually makes me actually look like I have cheekbones!

I had been searching for the perfect bronzer for my pale skin as alot of drugstore bronzers are so orange looking. I read that the Bourjois bronzer was the best one so I purchased no 51. It is a beautiful bronzer! It is so smooth, buttery and blendable. In the package it has tiny gold sparkles but once on the skin they are barely noticeable. The colour is perfect for adding a healthy glow to my cheeks (I'm always the lightest shade in foundations) without looking orange or fake. I wouldn't use this as a contour shade simply because it is too warm.
I highly recommend to anyone looking a natural, smooth bronzer that is cheap!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really impressed with this bronzer! Such a lovely colour not too dark, but enough colour to look good! Smells gorgeous as well!

Good quality matte bronzer. Too dark for fair skin. Smells delicious!

on 12/29/2013 9:49:00 PM

There are problems with this product, but it is definitely a 5 star buy.

PROS:
THE AMOUNT OF PRODUCT: you get 16g; far more than the average of about 10g.
THE MATTE FINISH: the finish competes with the most expensive of brands; it's smooth and slightly creamy.
THE SHADE RANGE: you have a choice of two shades; a golden tan colour which is great for fairer skin tones and people who like a golden glow instead of bronze, or a more olive-toned bronze for deeper skin tones or people who want a browner tan. YOU CAN CONTOUR with the deeper shade.

CONS:
IT DEVELOPS A HARD FILM OF OIL on top, meaning you have to scrape off and waste some product to continue use. However; you can prevent this by not touching the powder with your fingers and by washing your brush regularly, i.e. once a week! This is more hygienic and prevents spots anyway.
AN ORANGEY COLOUR may be a problem for some people with the lighter shade. I don't use a lot of product and find that the lighter shade warms my light, cool/neutral skin up and leaves it with a radiant golden colour (NOT SHIMMERY, THOUGH!).

Overall, this is a truly top-quality product and makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge use this powder and other powders from the range. Regarding the hard oil-film: I've had this problem with NARS and MAC products and find that not touching the powder at all with your fingers and keeping on top of washing my brushes more or less takes care of the problem. There is no mirror and is perfumed, in case this bothers anyone - it doesn't bother me!

on 11/14/2013 12:14:00 AM

I like this bronzer better than hoola or nars. I use it mainly for contouring. I have an NC25-NC30 skintone and I prefer the #52 for contouring. It's smooth, blends easily and doesn't make my face itch. The cardboard packaging is unique with the chocolate appearance but it gets dented easily when you travel with it.
I'm taking one lippie off because bourjois is pretty expensive here I Canada compared to the UK. It's 24$ CDN

Note - when your bronzer developes that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the product. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the product and peel it slowly off.

Popular Bronzers