August 27, 2014 | 1108 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by lakewood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG scrub. I will cry if they ever stop making this. I had no idea that my skin could look this good without even trying. I decided to try it over the winter when I was dealing with very dry, flaky skin when moisturizer just wasn't enough. I was shocked when my skin texture completely changed and became smooth, clear, perfect and completely without the monthly PMS pimple or two that would show up. I only use it a few times a week in the shower, and that's all it takes. I never use the million moisturizers and other skin products I have anymore - this and the yellow Clinique moisturizer and that's it and my skin is perfect. This winter, I was using an EVOO/sugar scrub to get rid of the flakes, and yogurt masks, but this has replaced them both due to ease of use and effectiveness. My skin is sensitive and this does not make me break out or get red as long as I only use it a few times a week. I wish I had known about this stuff years ago.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG scrub. I won't use anything else. It's gentle, but does the job, and my skin feels amazingly softer & cleaner afterwards. St. Ives has made a loyal customer out of me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This is one of the products that I would repurchase again again and again !

Amazing scrub for the face as it has less and finer granules. I apply this on my face once a week, followed by a clay mask, and the result NEVER fails me everytime !

St Ives's best selling product is probably it's mask, they've came up with a lot of version, and I probably think this is the most suitable for the face. However, I would not recommend scrubbing too hard despite the fine granules...... reason being, it already contains AHA, a mild fruit acid, which does exfoliation, even without the granules present.

Texture wise is rather creamy, and doesn't leave the skin feeling taut or whatsoever.

A bottle lasts me for very long. possibly close to a year....as i only exfoliate once a week, but recommended recommended product !

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product not only for the face but for the entire body. I have very sensitive skin and if I use to harsh an abraisive I get rashes and itchy skin galore so this is a wonderful product for use two to three times a week. My skin feels lovely, I am not itchy after hopping out of the shower and although it does contain sls and fragrance, my skin is also not triggered into insane bumps and rashes that I get from other lotions.

This is on my weekly grocery list as a mainstay!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by glendaly22

I bought this on a whim cause I ran out of my Clinic 7 day scrub, and I was pleasantly surprised. At first I thought that i was not gonna like it cause it does not have much exfoliating beads and I'm so used to the other rougher scrubs that i thought it wouldnt work.... But it did! afterward my skin felt soft, glowy and renewed. It does not brake me out, it has actually helped improve my skin. The blackheads on my nose are less noticeable and I had a few bumps under my cheeks and I cant feel this anymore. Its gentle enough to use everyday. Good and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by pavitra2000

This product definitely grew on me. i've tried the original st. ives, and the blackhead and blemish control ones. At first i thought the scrub was too gentle, but then realized that i my skin was so clear after using it 2 times a week. i really like the creamy formula, and i'm not bothered by the scent at all. as with any scrub, don't use it everyday. i have combination skin, and it seemed to work at a happy medium with the oily and dry parts of my skin so that it didn't irritate either area. i just finished the bottle and i'm using the blemish and blackhead control and i'm finding it harsher than this one and i miss it now. will buy it again after this bottle is finished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do really like this product, fees very creamy and nice on the skin. But i have very dry skin to begin with, this did make me more dry, but i was using it pretty often. I will be purchasing another tube to try it probably only once a week. Really leaves your skin feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

My HG scrub, I love this stuff. Like dlamsw, I used another of their scrubs (the Blackhead/Blemish Control one) during high school, but use this one now I'm in my 20s, as a less abrasive scrub. It has smaller particles in a creamy formula, and with the AHAs, does a good job of removing dead skin etc and leaving skin smooth and soft. In saying that though, it doesn't give the perfectly smooth feel that stronger scrubs give (like the original St Ives formula), but it is awesome as a gentle daily scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using St.Ives scrubs for a couple years now. When I'm in my teen years, I prefer the "invigorating" apricot scrub because it's gives me the "squeaky clean" feeling. Now in my twenties, I need something less abrasive so I switched to the Renew and Firm scrub. It's softer in texture but still does a wonderful job of removing the dead skin cell and reveal a softer and smoother skin. The scent is also fresh and very pleasing. Can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DianAdams

I started using this because ive heard so many good things about st ives scrubs. i used it in the shower, goes on really good, what i expect from an exfoliant. After i got out, put on my Biore Duel fusion moisturizer, and i had dead skin just peel off my skin, like the scrub didnt exfoliate at all. And after i went outside, i noticed my skin flaking, so im not sure about using this as an exfoliant. My skin does feel softer tho. I might buy another St. Ives product ..