Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was initially really excited about this product because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is generally an awesome ingredient for people with oily/combination skin like me. Unfortunately, this product is extremely drying. When I first started using this, I used it every day until I noticed my combination skin began to get dry patches, even in areas where I normally am quite oily. I assumed this was because I used it every day, so I switched it up and only used it maybe once a week. Even so, I see that when I use it my skin ends up feeling extremely dry. I've not been able to use it long enough to determine if it clears up acne, but stay away from this cleanser if you have dry skin!

on 9/14/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is the best I've ever tried for acne treatment! I've only been using it for a week, so my review on this may change. So over the last 2 weeks or so, my skin was breaking out really bad. I went to Walmart and saw this is 10% benzoyl peroxide. I used it that very night. First off, the bottle was hard to open and it cut me. But other than that, I LOVE the results!!! It tingles if it gets near your eyes so close them. Afterwards you're left with clean tingling skin. I use it once with my hands to make sure the rest of my makeup is off, then a second time with a facial brush. I currently have no active acne on my face! That's a good thing for me! So I will continue to use this and let you know how it goes! :)

on 8/3/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use this in high school/college. Clean & Clear products really do a lot for my skin as far as keeping minor breakouts at bay. I have normal skin, and get an occasional blemish every now and then. I recently repurchased this because I was getting a few zits and didn't have a benzoyl peroxide product in my routine. I use this with my Clarisonic 1-2 times a week. It's too harsh for me to use daily, and it's drying. I can't say that it has done wonders for my skin, but it gets my face really clean. It's quite creamy, which is nice, but it's a little difficult to squeeze the right amount out of the tube. It's cooling, but can burn my nose and eyes if I breathe in or keep my eyes open, even if the actual product doesn't get in those areas. Overall, I'm glad I re-incorporated this into my routine

I love this product! ive tried multiple acne fighting cleansers and nothing seemed to work. I finally stumbled upon this and it is amazing. Its been so long since ive seen my face this clear, soft and smooth.
I have to admit though, its really over drying. Its very strong. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer :)

on 7/26/2013 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is a staple for me, I've been using it since the 8th grade and I'm now graduated from HS. I have oily skin and breakouts. this product keeps my breakouts to a minimum like no other product I've ever used. I wash twice a day for about 30 seconds in the shower. When I started using this product I had bad acne and now I hardly have any.
For the past two years I've been searching for a more gentle and natural product because I'm afraid of the damage the harsh chemicals might be doing on my skin. Unfortunately, everytime I switch cleansers I end up with breakouts and revert back to C&C.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works much better as a spot treatment than as a cleanser. If you are having acne troubles, PLEASE switch to a gentle cleanser for your skin, buy a good moisturizer, and utilize a treatment (benzoyl peroxide or Persa Gel or Salicyc Acid) for your acne.

Using a CLEANSER that has acne fighting ingredients can be really bad for the battlefield that is your face because of a couple reasons:
1. it changes the pH of your skin, screwing up its normal pH longer than a gentler cleanser would, which in turn allows acne bacteria to grow and multiply more on your face
2. it changes the way the products work that you put on after washing with it, either losing their effectiveness or enhancing their potentially drying or irritating effects
3. it is short contact, which is actually not that effective unless you leave it on for 5+ minutes, which you probably shouldn't do because its supposed to be a cleanser and has irritating ingredients like menthol
4. It can be excessively drying to wash the face with benzoyl peroxide at this high of a concentration

This could possibly help with mild acne, but never cystic. Remember that topicals won't work for cystic acne until they come to head.

I wouldn't recommend this to be the staple/the treatment in your acne regimen, especially if you have dry skin and acne (the most frustrating combination).

on 7/7/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

NO! This was terrible broke me out very bad, and made my acne worse, I will never try this product again, also made my skin feel oily.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this one as a filler because I couldn't find the Clean & Clear Advantage cleansers... I don't think it works as well for me, since it is a bit too weak to go up against my acne.

It does feel great on my skin, but I don't think it's potent enough for my acne. It's held up pretty well, and one tube has lasted me about 5 months, so that's definitely a plus. :)

One thing that I don't like is how they package it in tubes. It's great to use... until you've reached the bottom. It's impossible to get anything out after that. You know that feeling when you can't get the stuff to come out? yeahh... that happens with this. So not very happy about the packaging.

on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM

This product used to work pretty good for me but for the past month it hasn't been working like it used to.

on 6/14/2013 11:53:00 AM

Feels okay but definitely doesn't remove any acne. Turns whiteheads into large red patches and looks even more noticeable. Used this with a moisturizer because otherwise it dries out your face and is very hard to move your face muscles. I'm assuming there is too much Benzoyl peroxide (2.5% > 5%). I will not be finishing the bottle and would not recommend this product. I will switch to something with salycylic acid. Cetaphil seems much more relavent to people with hormonal acne. Luckily I only wasted $12.