January 30, 2015 | 941 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LaceyTennant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is a staple for me, I've been using it since the 8th grade and I'm now graduated from HS. I have oily skin and breakouts. this product keeps my breakouts to a minimum like no other product I've ever used. I wash twice a day for about 30 seconds in the shower. When I started using this product I had bad acne and now I hardly have any.
For the past two years I've been searching for a more gentle and natural product because I'm afraid of the damage the harsh chemicals might be doing on my skin. Unfortunately, everytime I switch cleansers I end up with breakouts and revert back to C&C.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This works much better as a spot treatment than as a cleanser. If you are having acne troubles, PLEASE switch to a gentle cleanser for your skin, buy a good moisturizer, and utilize a treatment (benzoyl peroxide or Persa Gel or Salicyc Acid) for your acne.

Using a CLEANSER that has acne fighting ingredients can be really bad for the battlefield that is your face because of a couple reasons:
1. it changes the pH of your skin, screwing up its normal pH longer than a gentler cleanser would, which in turn allows acne bacteria to grow and multiply more on your face
2. it changes the way the products work that you put on after washing with it, either losing their effectiveness or enhancing their potentially drying or irritating effects
3. it is short contact, which is actually not that effective unless you leave it on for 5+ minutes, which you probably shouldn't do because its supposed to be a cleanser and has irritating ingredients like menthol
4. It can be excessively drying to wash the face with benzoyl peroxide at this high of a concentration

This could possibly help with mild acne, but never cystic. Remember that topicals won't work for cystic acne until they come to head.

I wouldn't recommend this to be the staple/the treatment in your acne regimen, especially if you have dry skin and acne (the most frustrating combination).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by anndemattio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO! This was terrible broke me out very bad, and made my acne worse, I will never try this product again, also made my skin feel oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this one as a filler because I couldn't find the Clean & Clear Advantage cleansers... I don't think it works as well for me, since it is a bit too weak to go up against my acne.

It does feel great on my skin, but I don't think it's potent enough for my acne. It's held up pretty well, and one tube has lasted me about 5 months, so that's definitely a plus. :)

One thing that I don't like is how they package it in tubes. It's great to use... until you've reached the bottom. It's impossible to get anything out after that. You know that feeling when you can't get the stuff to come out? yeahh... that happens with this. So not very happy about the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ari97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product used to work pretty good for me but for the past month it hasn't been working like it used to.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Username55

Feels okay but definitely doesn't remove any acne. Turns whiteheads into large red patches and looks even more noticeable. Used this with a moisturizer because otherwise it dries out your face and is very hard to move your face muscles. I'm assuming there is too much Benzoyl peroxide (2.5% > 5%). I will not be finishing the bottle and would not recommend this product. I will switch to something with salycylic acid. Cetaphil seems much more relavent to people with hormonal acne. Luckily I only wasted $12.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by poshmels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I forgot to read the label and full reviews as I was thinking with this much reviews and such a high score - i didn't think this product bleached fabric! This is a big no-no for me. As for its efficacity, it's not better than any other product that bleaches such as Pro-Active that dries up your skin. The tingly feeling feels great but doesn't overcome the bleaching effect - i need to keep my towels!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had really high hopes for this product after reading the reviews on here and also because of the Benzoyl Peroxide which I had never tried for my acne before. I have moderate to severe acne, including a few cysts now and then. This product is a thick creamy consistency and gives a nice tingling sensation when its rinsed off. Other than that, nothing good has come out of it for me. Its been about 2 and a half weeks of me using this either once or twice a day (morning & night). At first, I thought I noticed a slight reduction in my acne, but I guess I was imagining it because I currently have 4 cysts on my face. I don't know if they were directly caused by this face wash because I did switch around toners a couple of times, but if it didn't I can say with confidence that it had a neutral effect--no improvement or unimprovement whatsoever. I will update this review if that result changes but I highly doubt it will.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mjones21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benzoyl peroxide is what first attracted me. Sadly I should have read the full list of ingredients. Acne wash with mineral oil and petrolatum are a big no-no!
I started to break out more than usual shortly after I began using it but attributed it to the change in product. But after a few weeks I decided to investigate further. Then I found the petroleum as ingredients and that was the end of me using this cleanser on my acne-prone skin.
But I gave it a lippy because it was cheap and it did leave my skin feeling moisturised after it was cleaned and not tight like other cleansers do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could, I would give this 10 lippies. I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been using this cleanser on and off again for almost three years. Three years ago, I got painful bumps on my forehead and this got rid of them when other products and even medicine would not. Recently I've had one of the worst hormonal breakouts on my chin, ever. I've been struggling with chin acne but it's a bit ridiculous this month. This cleanser has done a good job at clearing everything. It's strong, but what do you expect, it has 10% benzoyl peroxide people! The point of BP is to exfoliate your skin- so expect a little bit of dryness or peeling and be sure to use a good moisturizer! The only big downside to this product is the menthol in it. I have to be careful not to get the cleanser near my eyes or they will sting. Other than that though, I'd say this is a miracle product. I always come back to it. While this product may work for me- it may not work for you. My roommate, who has Rosacea and sensitive skin, tried using this cleanser and she broke out horribly (so if you have this type of skin, steer clear). If this ever gets discontinued I will be so disappointed! Great work C&C!