April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Foundations - Dermablend - Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging of this product is so ugly...looks very medicinal. BUT, inside the tube is what really matters right? I freakin love this stuff. I don't have tattoos to cover or anything, but I have a ton of red/purple acne marks from post break outs...and they are all on the right side of my face (the culprit was sleeping on my hair). So I read reviews for a good CONCEALER at first, because I do love my Amazing Face Foundation from Too Faced, but it just doesn't have enough coverage for these ugly spots. I found that a lot of ppl like the Mineral Power concealer from Maybelline...so I went out a bought it. Wtf? That stuff SUCKS! I was so disappointed and I started thinking about what I used to use before when my acne was really bad...DERMABLEND! And I remembered that I loved it.
So I went and exchanged this crap maybelline concealer for the Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation. Why the foundation? Because I can actually wear this foundation in large areas of my face (like my entire right cheek!) and it blends sooo perfectly with the rest of my skin. You can't even tell it's there. Even WITH the color shade being off a bit. In pictures, my skin looks FLAWLESS...like my pictures were photoshopped or something because my skin in no way looks that good!
I have no problems with Dermablend...no acne and no orange color effect. It does not emphasize my scabs or dry spots, in fact, it kind of smooths them out. It doesn't look cakey at all on me, which is saying a lot since my favorite foundation is pretty light coverage. Dermablend foundation isn't too matte or dewy, a very nice combination of in between. I love the fact I can use this on large areas of my face and then use my lighter foundation on areas that I don't need coverage, and it looks like I have perfect skin, which is far far from the truth.
So all in all, I will deal with the really ugly packaging of this product if it helps to keep this amazing product affordable for us non-celebrity gals.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a woman with acne scars and an uneven skin tone, I've been looking for a sort of miracle product for quite some time - something to mask the sort of orange peel look my face has going on. After reading all the great reviews here, I thought I'd give DermaBlend a try - after all, if people with my type of skin love it, maybe I would too!

Sadly, I didn't love this make-up. I found that even the lightest color was too orangey for my skin tone and it caked around any dry or rough spots - which, if you have pimples, is often unavoidable even with heavy moisturizing. I tried make-up sponges, applied with moisturizer, foundation brushes (wet and dry) and everything else I could think of and nothing stopped the cake action. Ah well, too bad!

Otherwise, the price was reasonable and it did end up covering an old dark scar on my leg, so it wasn't a complete loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is NC20 combination skin. I bought this foundation at Macy's but not before trying it on at the store. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I can say it is an amazing foundation. It is easy to apply, very silky, and it covers my breakout scars very well. I NEVER get compliments at work as far as my foundation goes but for the last week several people have said "Your makeup looks so pretty! what are you doing differently?"
This is a full coverage foundation and it lasts well into the night (my 12 hr shifts). Of course after 10 hours or so my forehead starts to look a little shiney but I just blot it with powder.
This foundation feels good on the skin, not too heavy, not too light. The finish is matte and I use either an HD white powder or a matte pressed powder (with a brush). I have a feeling I will be buying this again because I absolutely love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LaLaLaDayDreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The coverage is great and I got a perfect match for my skin tone. My face looks flawless for a couple hours, but then the foundation starts to melt off and I just end up looking like a blotchy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wckdldy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so im always on the hunt for an hg foundation after so many trial and errors and high end to low end foundations i think i finally found my soulmate!! i recently went to sephora where i purchased make up forever matt velvet mat duo, hg and also purchased clinic even better, bobbi brown oil free then moisterizing compact foundation, and even chanel and shieseido. which non to me seem to fit everything i was searching for in a foundation. just when i was getting ready to give up i decided after work to go to ulta thought maybe there would be some brand that i hadn't run into either at nordstroms or sephora. and voila! the very nice make up artist asked my need (longwear, great coverage, and mat with a velvety feeling to it) he directed me to this beauty! will never buy another brand of foundation even if i need to buy 2 to match my color i will do it without a doubt!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation. I do have some acne and uneven skin tone, and this works wonders. Very silky and easy to build and blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by puravida1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just picked up this stuff from ulta and its amazing!!! Ive been an avid MAC user and now Ive found my HG foundation! I love this stuff! It matches my skin great! I am totally in love

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by EmiIy_MicheIle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG FOUNDATION!!! I love this product, I just finished up my first bottle and I'll most defiantly be buying another and another and another lol... I have pretty normal skin, nothing too drastic, a little bit of redness and super dark circles but that's pretty much it. I love the way airbrushed skin looks like and this gives it to me, it's easy to layer for a heavier fdnt or you can put it on lightly after your moisturizer to do a lighter look. Seriously lasts all day, it took over 2 months to use this whole thing up and that's with me using fdnt at least once a day. Price is pretty good, $24 at dillards. love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by needadvice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have melasma and used this last year. I since went back to Lancome and really loved it but...A look in a gas station mirror showed my patches! I went and bought nude beige (I had the lightest color before, my husband HATED it). The color looks great but I did need a primer, so I dug in my old drawer and used mac prep and prime spf 30 today. Looks very nice with the mac, plus I need the spf. Thanks to a lady on here I just used some talcum powder a few hours later and it looks good, even when I smile (thanks mac!). I did try a sample of L'Oreal magic primer, which does cover the pores better but is so drying I can't imagine wearing that into winter. I am so glad I joined this site!
Only 4 rating because no spf and primer needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by meganjenkinson

I have had acne for 15 years so I have lots of redness and some scarring. I have tried so many different kinds of makeup that won't irritate my skin but will still give me great coverage to hide everything. I bought this 2 days ago and I am in love with it! This is the best makeup I have ever used in my life. Just a small amount makes my skin look flawless, and believe me, it is not. It is very long lasting, too. It lasted me all day outside on a windy day. I also like that it is non-comedogenic, oil-free, fragrance-free, and non-acnegenic. This stuff is a LIFESAVER! I will never go back to anything else.