July 29, 2014 | 524 users online

Foundations - Dermablend - Smooth Indulgence long lasting matte finish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started Retin A on my skin after everything else failed. If you went through a purging stage you will know how ugly and impossible to cover those break outs are. I am breaking out in red hive like rashes on my forehead, cysts on my chin, a ton of white heads all over cheeks, plus I have black heads all over my nose and orange peel skin on my cheeks. Oh did I mention scar picks and boxing scars on the apples of my cheeks.
I have accumulated a collection of FD: GA Liquid Silk (love for winter), Revlon ColorStay (doesn't transferon white collars of my shirts ), MUFE Velvet Mat (summertime fave), Lancome Ultra (my HG before the breakout), B&B Liole (after laser treatments), Korres Mineral FD (everyday but too light for my break outs now) and a dozen of others that I returned.
NOTHING, I mean literally, NOTHING , could cover my scars before. I guess over years I got used to the idea of never seeing my face poreless and even -toned (Oh, forgot to mention my rosacea). I saw the starter kit at Winners for $10 and since I just enjoy experimenting,so I bought it.
I used it the 1st time without a primer - I went and bought the 2nd kit. 2nd time I used it with Lancome primer and Benefit Hello Flawless powder applied with an angled blush brush before a party and I cried - It was cruel in a way, I saw my face the way it would have been now if I was lucky to have a good skin. It literally erased my scars, hid pores, evened out my moon surface face like I had healthy skin.
I think it is a medical grade concealer rather than a FD. It has no smell, thick cream like texture, but it feels light and not heavy at all.
I recommend squeezing some on your fingers, rub them to warm it up and start patting on your face (not rubbing or spreading - it is too thick). Watch the magic unfolds in front of your eyes - I usually take my Sephora Platinum FD Brush # 56 to polish it more and buff it in my dialated pores. I recommend setting it with a powder to make the results longer (I love Benefit Hello Flawless it adds the final oompf). After that I smile - I love my look in the mirror.
Here are some cons:
- color selection is, well, poor - 2 in each category: light, medium, deep= 6 colors only.
- transfers on clothes upon contact (dont' rub on your beau's dark suit he won't be happy).
- full coverage will matt you out, I need to use my Laguna bronzer that I normally skip but otherwise u will look flat. Also a highlighter and a blush.
- not a good choice if u r looking for a FD to hide minor scarring or just a couple of spots here and there, u will find it too much.
- no SPF - potographs beautifully but u will need to use a SS underneath
But when I have a date or a going out night when u will use anything and everything - I will use as my secret weapon. :-)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jennbetancur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loveee the coverage of this foundation. I have oily skin and lots of acne scarring. this product does a great job of hiding my acne scars but my face does look super oily after an hour. then i realized i wasn't using a setting powder. With the setting powder i didnt have to blot until after 8 hours of use. The best thing is that this is the only foundation that doesnt make me break out. So yes i do have to blot after a couple of hours but its all worth it bc of the great coverage of my acne scars

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was just okay for me. I felt like it settled in my expression lines and I'm only 25, that doesnt happen when I use my revlon photoready. It does have great coverage but I felt towards the middle of the day it began to look cakey. Im taking this back to the store and still on the search for my ideal foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging of this product is so ugly...looks very medicinal. BUT, inside the tube is what really matters right? I freakin love this stuff. I don't have tattoos to cover or anything, but I have a ton of red/purple acne marks from post break outs...and they are all on the right side of my face (the culprit was sleeping on my hair). So I read reviews for a good CONCEALER at first, because I do love my Amazing Face Foundation from Too Faced, but it just doesn't have enough coverage for these ugly spots. I found that a lot of ppl like the Mineral Power concealer from Maybelline...so I went out a bought it. Wtf? That stuff SUCKS! I was so disappointed and I started thinking about what I used to use before when my acne was really bad...DERMABLEND! And I remembered that I loved it.
So I went and exchanged this crap maybelline concealer for the Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation. Why the foundation? Because I can actually wear this foundation in large areas of my face (like my entire right cheek!) and it blends sooo perfectly with the rest of my skin. You can't even tell it's there. Even WITH the color shade being off a bit. In pictures, my skin looks FLAWLESS...like my pictures were photoshopped or something because my skin in no way looks that good!
I have no problems with Dermablend...no acne and no orange color effect. It does not emphasize my scabs or dry spots, in fact, it kind of smooths them out. It doesn't look cakey at all on me, which is saying a lot since my favorite foundation is pretty light coverage. Dermablend foundation isn't too matte or dewy, a very nice combination of in between. I love the fact I can use this on large areas of my face and then use my lighter foundation on areas that I don't need coverage, and it looks like I have perfect skin, which is far far from the truth.
So all in all, I will deal with the really ugly packaging of this product if it helps to keep this amazing product affordable for us non-celebrity gals.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a woman with acne scars and an uneven skin tone, I've been looking for a sort of miracle product for quite some time - something to mask the sort of orange peel look my face has going on. After reading all the great reviews here, I thought I'd give DermaBlend a try - after all, if people with my type of skin love it, maybe I would too!

Sadly, I didn't love this make-up. I found that even the lightest color was too orangey for my skin tone and it caked around any dry or rough spots - which, if you have pimples, is often unavoidable even with heavy moisturizing. I tried make-up sponges, applied with moisturizer, foundation brushes (wet and dry) and everything else I could think of and nothing stopped the cake action. Ah well, too bad!

Otherwise, the price was reasonable and it did end up covering an old dark scar on my leg, so it wasn't a complete loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is NC20 combination skin. I bought this foundation at Macy's but not before trying it on at the store. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I can say it is an amazing foundation. It is easy to apply, very silky, and it covers my breakout scars very well. I NEVER get compliments at work as far as my foundation goes but for the last week several people have said "Your makeup looks so pretty! what are you doing differently?"
This is a full coverage foundation and it lasts well into the night (my 12 hr shifts). Of course after 10 hours or so my forehead starts to look a little shiney but I just blot it with powder.
This foundation feels good on the skin, not too heavy, not too light. The finish is matte and I use either an HD white powder or a matte pressed powder (with a brush). I have a feeling I will be buying this again because I absolutely love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LaLaLaDayDreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The coverage is great and I got a perfect match for my skin tone. My face looks flawless for a couple hours, but then the foundation starts to melt off and I just end up looking like a blotchy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wckdldy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so im always on the hunt for an hg foundation after so many trial and errors and high end to low end foundations i think i finally found my soulmate!! i recently went to sephora where i purchased make up forever matt velvet mat duo, hg and also purchased clinic even better, bobbi brown oil free then moisterizing compact foundation, and even chanel and shieseido. which non to me seem to fit everything i was searching for in a foundation. just when i was getting ready to give up i decided after work to go to ulta thought maybe there would be some brand that i hadn't run into either at nordstroms or sephora. and voila! the very nice make up artist asked my need (longwear, great coverage, and mat with a velvety feeling to it) he directed me to this beauty! will never buy another brand of foundation even if i need to buy 2 to match my color i will do it without a doubt!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation. I do have some acne and uneven skin tone, and this works wonders. Very silky and easy to build and blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by puravida1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just picked up this stuff from ulta and its amazing!!! Ive been an avid MAC user and now Ive found my HG foundation! I love this stuff! It matches my skin great! I am totally in love